Naval Battle Club

astecarmyman

Spartwo, are we still on?

Meanwhile, I'ma gonna wreck your Drek, zekes.

(And also look up what that means in Google Translate, because I saw that a few pages back.)

You know, me and you share a common goal, both of us are great builders and capable of massive destruction, but united, how much greater would we be? How much greater?

You know, me and you share a common goal, both of us are great builders and capable of massive destruction, but united, how much greater would we be? How much greater?

can i has allies (let's see who's been against me: Spartwo, Fleet, ScriptKitteh, Giggleplex (maybe), Megalodon, Starwhip (apparenty)

My allies: Frozen?

can i has allies (let's see who's been against me: Spartwo, Fleet, ScriptKitteh, Giggleplex (maybe), Megalodon, Starwhip (apparenty)

I never said I was against you. I just stepped in here, don't hate on me :(

Me was just trying to get some good weapons for battles against good ships. (Perhaps great ships... I haven't loaded KSP yet.)

I never said I was against you. I just stepped in here, don't hate on me :(

Me was just trying to get some good weapons for battles against good ships. (Perhaps great ships... I haven't loaded KSP yet.)

the list "against me" is just everyone who's been throwing everything and the kitchen sink against the Drek XD

Battle Update!

Using spoilers since pictures are large.

RIMS Hoplite moves in to attack one of the unused frigates. It zeroes its velocity about 650m away and fires a guided missile.

http://i.imgur.com/f9SPRgS.png

Looks like I hit something important! Sorry I didn't get an explosion screenshot, the one downside of guided missiles is that you're busy aiming it when it hits.

http://i.imgur.com/absfNuU.png

Speaking of missile technology, I've noticed mine have a much lower TWR than the ones that have been posted recently (around 6-8). But they are heavier, my guided missile is 5.6 tons mostly made up of structural parts, so it hits like a sledgehammer.

The remains of the ship still has power and weapons, so it's not considered dead by the rules, but it can't move so it can't hurt me.

http://i.imgur.com/FE8qhWC.png

Hoplite grabs a piece of debris with fuel and weapons using its claw, and retreats to a high orbit.

http://i.imgur.com/gMdgtK2.png

Looks like a giant swivel gun, hilariously sized in comparison to the ship.

PERSISTENT

The Drek is widely considered to be the gold standard in armor, hence, if you can beat a Drek you can beat anyone. It's leading to an entertaining arms race - People build new missiles to kill a Drek, Zeke builds a new Drek. We're at like XVXIVLXXVIX-XVVI now, right? (sarcasm, in case that wasn't obvious). There's been more military tech discovered and improved upon in the past two weeks than in the entire two months prior at least.

You must've drilled all the way through the ship's core, splitting it in half. Am I allowed to land on Dres? Next version I'm scrapping the can on top of the ship and putting 3 layers of armor in it's place.

EDIT:

This ship of mine is really starting to $#&! me off with it's performance so far, might end up throwing it into the 'aesthetic crap' section.

Edited by AlexanderTeaH

the list "against me" is just everyone who's been throwing everything and the kitchen sink against the Drek XD

I'm not strictly "anti-ZS", I just like a tough battle. :P

It forces me to innovate and adapt in my ship designs, and I love doing that.

EDIT: Also, like some have already said, the Drek line's uber-tough reputation makes them a sort of "benchmark kill" for high-grade stock KSP anti-ship weapons.

Edited by ScriptKitt3h

I'm not strictly "anti-ZS", I just like a tough battle. :P

It forces me to innovate and adapt in my ship designs, and I love doing that.

EDIT: Also, like some have already said, the Drek line's uber-tough reputation makes them a sort of "benchmark kill" for high-grade stock KSP anti-ship weapons.

true, true :D We're all friends here

I guess you could regard my ships as the lowest benchmark for stock weapons. If you can't destroy my ships, you can't destroy anything else!

Not entirely, one of the things I noticed in our battle is that your frigates seemed immune to I-beam missiles.

Also, I like those little Blueprint-style pictures of Zekes' ships in his sig so I downloaded the mod and made my own:

BsqxOkG.png

(open in new tab for better view)

Edited by Megalodon 720

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.