Naval Battle Club

astecarmyman

there are three radial engines clipped inside those missiles.... They look exactly like mine.

Based on yours, yes. I liked that the radial engines had high thrust, high gimbal, and could be clipped inside the tank. 3 is a good balance of thrust without being too heavy, they don't have the extra 909 that yours have. The warhead is different though. My missiles are 5.6 tons each and have TWR about 6. Roughly same dV as yours.

Imitation is the highest form of flattery, right?

The ship's interior fuel tanks were destroyed so it had to rely on its vernors for moving around. The forward and backward facing ones are hidden from view in the picture.

Edited by sdj64

Uhh..Frozen, do you have KER instaled?

(I forgot to remove it from some of my ships :blush:)

Anyway, here is Persist:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lzfwf74tzdmgik1/persistent%20%282%29.sfs?dl=0

I used one fighter from my carrier.

Scratched The Royal Oak.

Crashed fighter into surfice of duna

Edited by AvronMullican

Actually it's the first command pod you put down for the sake of identification.

Then it's completely impossible to find out what your core is during a fight unless it is declared earlier (it will change designation when the root part is destroyed, even if it was a fuel tank). And that would class the Infatigable as still an active ship, since the only control cores where in the manned pods, the engine pods, and the missiles, and all of those were alive... zekes killed no command pod. I'm not even talking about my battle right now, this rule needs to be clarified ASAP because the potential for abuse is huge.

Yes, but according to the rules the dead ship also couldn't fire weapons. And if the "core" is on a boom extending from the body of the ship, then a well placed shot anywhere on the boom severs the link. There's also no rule against shooting ships that are already dead or shooting things that are not ships, which would probably happen if people were worried about the core re-attaching to the ship. Or someone could just pick up the entire dead ship with a claw since, hey, it's dead.

I think the general rule for "dead" means if the ship is called XYZ, then having no piece still called "XYZ" would be considered a kill. There might still be pieces "XYZ ship", "XYZ lander", or "XYZ probe" remaining but they are not the original core. Your modular ships would still work if the core is heavily armored and survives the hit. (assuming your opponent does not pick the other parts up or destroy them)

That would pose the problem of what happens if I leave the root part on the launch booster and all my pieces class as ships because they have crewed pods. Does my ship not count as an active ship from the start? Do all the same-hierarchy pieces count as independent active ships? As you see, going with "root part" clearly makes no sense.

Now, how would you go about making a similar rule that actually makes some sense? Well, several options could apply here, but there are these guys called kerbals, they are supposed to be a core part of the game... yeah, IF I were to rule what constitutes and active ship, I would go about that something like this: make contestants define "weapons" instead of core, by screenie or by first shot, and consider the rest of the ship as ship, and active as long as it has crew, power, and/or mobility... but without the ability to spawn new ships unless classed as a carrier, you only get a fixed number of ships active. Compared to probes or the very abusable and arbitrary "root part" that seems to be the actual rule (though "root" is mentioned nowhere in the rules as they are written, BTW), that actually takes some mass that must come out of weapons/armor/deltaV, and constitutes a target to aim for and protect.

That's what I would have ruled myself and consider fair, YMMV of course. But the worst part of all this is, I feel like the very sportish battle with zekes is forever going to be tainted by this argument.... and I could have won it anyway just by going first once I proved my weaponry was effective and I had enough deltaV. My method allows for some surprises at least!

Rune. Not really happy about having to argue it :(

Edited by Rune

T

120 times 3 plus 50 from the little 909.... all that pushing 9 tonnes means 4.5/1 TWR, which is really good for a guided missile with about 500 m/s D/V

with the RCS engines, you cna build a 20t+ Guided missile with 15 TWR, That really hurts

EDIT: I'm actually building this ship:

It is fully armored behind the wings, i haven't build the weapons yet, but i think it can carry more weapons than a Drek, also, i'll try to make it flyable in Laythe's atmosphere

Who wants to fight me?90KwsMV.jpg?1

Edited by TheKutKu

T

with the RCS engines, you cna build a 20t+ Guided missile with 15 TWR, That really hurts

EDIT: I'm actually building this ship:

It is fully armored behind the wings, i haven't build the weapons yet, but i think it can carry more weapons than a Drek, also, i'll try to make it flyable in Laythe's atmospherehttp://i.imgur.com/90KwsMV.jpg?1

Ooh, pretty. :P Good luck with getting it to fly on Laythe; I'd recommend using a VTOL engine system if possible.

I'll have the battle post up sometime this evening (hopefully, as IRL stuff is priority for me), and if not, then tomorrow. (Nov.1st)

Ok, , one thing, please don't use any ship with more than 600 parts, please, for my computer's sake

Also, i don't think i will use this ship, it weight more than 200+ T

And the nuclear engines can be exchanged with mainsail, for 3500 DV and 1.4 TWR (is it good for a 200T ship)?

Oh, my creative rut has begun

Edited by TheKutKu

Everyone, meet the 'Temeraire' Mk-IV!

D9T8aH3.jpg

Less parts, less weight, higher D/V, higher TWR, more firepower, much stronger armour and incredibly difficult to kill.

Seriously, I hit her with 8 I-beam missiles and 4 SRB missiles and she only lost one reaction wheel, two solar panels and two engines.

I've got an idea: a set of modules That Can be easily assembled to make ships, i m building it and Will share it

I guess I can post that screenshot again.

ndoeqm9lcovj5bifg.jpg

Is that what you meant? Each section did one job each and are a set size. I don't remember what was wrong with it, I think it was rigidity issues.

Mmm dat lag.

lAus2VO.png

2g4QDqh.png

1400 fully loaded.

Edited by Spartwo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.