Naval Battle Club

astecarmyman

yeah big ships have a lot of weak points....i can probably take it down with my smaller missile ship (with 16 missiles i would destroy an entire fleet)

And the DDG-51 could take it out from over 100 KM's away. :P

(Harpoon)

yeah big ships have a lot of weak points....i can probably take it down with my smaller missile ship (with 16 missiles i would destroy an entire fleet)

<AHEM>

QEIIs are really tough.....

HMS Ramillies taking a 60 ton ICBM hit directly amidships - but she survived.

YylYbmG.png

Were... Have you updated it yet. :P

Regardless, that was an awesome ship. :)

no need to update it, it's still fine :D I think Im gonna scrap the Kentucky, though, and go with a stripped- down QE modded to carry about 6 missiles...... Kentucky is 1500 parts with still no turrets, power, or SAS, and she's crashing my game every second launch.

no need to update it, it's still fine :D I think Im gonna scrap the Kentucky, though, and go with a stripped- down QE modded to carry about 6 missiles...... Kentucky is 1500 parts with still no turrets, power, or SAS, and she's crashing my game every second launch.

I hope you resurrect the Kentucky in time for 'Operation Desert Storm'. :)

Our coalition needs fire support. :)

I hope you resurrect the Kentucky in time for 'Operation Desert Storm'. :)

Our coalition needs fire support. :)

haha.... It'll get done eventually, but for now the QE is much simpler and sturdier (or at least tested).... and I bet i can get her under 1100 parts.

Allright. So people are arguing about cores and random stuff. Alright so a core is counted as either a place where you house kerbals or

a literal probe core. You may use any probe or manned "core" to control your ship provided that it was originally on that ship and it is not

part of say a missile or fighter attached to it. So If you guys choose I suppose you could go nuts with probes all over your ship but that would

be pretty useless amirite?

Now, wasn't there a book where the space battleships could be shot into 500 pieces and each piece would keep fighting to the death? Can't remember the name. How would this rule affect the number of ships you could bring to a battle? Because if each ship can split into 5 or more when shot, and each of those takes another missile to kill, the player who wins is the player who's amount of modules outnumbers the amount of missiles their opponent has.

Possibly a rule should be made that states "a player cannot end their turn with more ships than they started the battle with". That way it wouldn't get too crazy and you could still build modular ships that can rebuild themselves from their own wreckage.

On another note, anyone up for a battle? I have some new ship classes I'd like to test out. Let's say 4 ships and 200 tons total.

50 m/s speed boats agains battleships... XD

It's a real threat (if they come in swarms with effective missiles)

And there's the real life example of the USS Cole...

N32fbwe.jpg

There's a reason the US Navy commissioned their own swarm boat attack system.

I experiment with ramming a lot, I used to add decorative rams to the bows of my ships (both space and sea).

Ramming could be considered an extremely effective last resort, I used to have a 70 ton naval vessel which could ram her enemies and nearly tear other ships in two.

The Mk-II and Mk-III Victory class ships both have very strong front ends and both can tear most ships in half (tested with two types of drek, war eagle's archangle class and scriptkittehs A.D.A) without losing a single plate.

Just finished a new drone dropship, the MT-23.

http://i.imgur.com/acSL8hs.png

It's got a large cargo bay in its "belly", so it could work as a bomber... or maybe I could make some drone micro-tanks and airdrop 'em. :P

:) I'm cooking up a larger carrier... Should be an interesting combo. :)

The rules really need a revamp,

I have a question about the rule 8 ( 8- Players are not allowed to intentionally edit the orbit of enemy craft via any method other than weapons fire (because there's gonnabe some recoil when your ship gets hit with an I-beam, I mean come on).)

is it allowed to build a missile That intentionnally alter the ship's orbit, i e a slow and heavy missile

Well, something that brushes up against a warship and thrusts towards it but otherwise doesn't do damage or impact at a high velocity is not a missile.

IE Only if your missile hits the warship at 80m/s or more and gets stuck inside maybe? But otherwise no.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

So I was having a go at creating drek-killers and these were my results.

It seems that in order to disable a drek you must sever its gun barrel.

I think I understand why it is tough, when a missile hits the drek, the missile's impacting part's mass must be greater or it will bounce off, even

then it is angled and spaced. Therefore a missile with a whole bunch of Long I-beams clumped together seems to be effective.

Edited by astecarmyman

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.