[1.0.5] Science Containers v.08.3

SirDargon

[quote name='DMagic']I didn't test anything, but this version should be working; get it on [URL="https://www.dropbox.com/s/tzxoxeynoq2zgum/ScienceContainers_v0.08.3.zip?dl=0"]Dropbox[/URL].

It's released under the [URL="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"]Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-SA 3.0)[/URL], just as the original by SirDargon.

It should fix the 1.0.5 update problem; it implements the new science data return on transmission failure function now, and it should work properly with science labs.[/QUOTE]

Beat me to it. Thanks mate!

[quote name='DMagic']get it on [URL="https://www.dropbox.com/s/tzxoxeynoq2zgum/ScienceContainers_v0.08.3.zip?dl=0"]Dropbox[/URL].[/QUOTE]
Many thanks, Mr. DMagic.

Slowly quite all Mods of my obligatory package ist up to date for 1.0.5.

[quote name='Jansn']Many thanks, Mr. DMagic.

Slowly quite all Mods of my obligatory package ist up to date for 1.0.5.[/QUOTE]

(Need to further test it in combination with ForScience and Science Alert.)
Fresh install 1.05 -> works in stock with dev mechjeb AND Science Alert. Edited by Jansn

• 2 months later...

I'm so sorry guys. College really took over my life the last year. But, I have now graduated (but currently unemployed :() and have returned! Sadly though, I will not be continuing this mod. Instead I'm going to pick up where I was going with this mod and am now going to be working on Science Hard Drives. It's going to take many of the things I wanted to do with this mod, but felt didn't really fit in the original idea of this mod. With that said though, I do not suggest downloading the new mod in its current state as I've just started working on it two days ago and there isn't much to it yet. I just wanted to make a thread to post updates through my initial development of the mod. I'm happy that DMagic was able to edit my mod that make it work in 1.0.5 and I will be putting a link to his version on the 1st post.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, nuvos said:

Does anybody have the 1.0.5 update from Dmagic?
The link seems to be broken.

Welcome to the forums!

Here is DMagic's Github repo of Science Containers, but unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be compiled. Best bet would be to ping @DMagic and say, "Mr. DMagic, would you pretty please reupload the mod?" Assuming it was your link to begin with, and not SirDragon's.

I re-uploaded the .dll file on GitHub. I seem to have misplaced the original DropBox upload :D, so this only includes the plugin file. You'll need to download the last version from @SirDargon (0.08.2) and replace the .dll file with the file included here.

Let me know if it's working correctly.

Will do, thanks. (I was originally just passing through, now I actually want to give it a try, seems useful)

---Edit---

Seems to work. Cheers.

--Edit 2--

Only issue is I'm getting is double entries for "Take Data/Experiments" from the science container, but I think that's because I specifically added the option to take data to all science containers in the game (its not a standard feature in stock). I have a MM science container patch of my own and there is a little overlap going on. This wouldn't be an issue for someone playing stock though, and can be ignored.

My only suggestion would be to maybe include his MM patch in your download, if you feel so inclined.

Edited by Deimos Rast

• 1 month later...

This is a bug report.

KSP 1.1.2 32bit and 64bit Exception on launch

Only other mod is MM.

[ERR 19:12:58.377] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'ScienceContainers': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in :0 
at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in :0

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'ScienceContainers.CapsuleScienceContainer' from assembly 'ScienceContainers, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'ScienceContainers.ProbeScienceContainer' from assembly 'ScienceContainers, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'd__6' from assembly 'ScienceContainers, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClassa' from assembly 'ScienceContainers, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'd__a' from assembly 'ScienceContainers, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClasse' from assembly 'ScienceContainers, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

https://github.com/SirDargon/ScienceContainers/issues/7

4 minutes ago, frango9000 said:

This is a bug report.

KSP 1.1.2 32bit and 64bit Exception on launch

Only other mod is MM.

[ERR 19:12:58.377] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'ScienceContainers': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in :0 
at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in :0

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'ScienceContainers.CapsuleScienceContainer' from assembly 'ScienceContainers, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'ScienceContainers.ProbeScienceContainer' from assembly 'ScienceContainers, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'd__6' from assembly 'ScienceContainers, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClassa' from assembly 'ScienceContainers, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'd__a' from assembly 'ScienceContainers, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClasse' from assembly 'ScienceContainers, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

https://github.com/SirDargon/ScienceContainers/issues/7

That's because the last supported version by me was .90 and DMagic fixed it up to work with 1.0. This specific mod is no longer being maintained (as stated in the OP). Instead, I am working on a new mod that will incorporate what this did, plus more (Science Hard Drives). But I wouldn't suggest downloading that yet either as 1.1 completely destroyed it and I'm in the middle of a complete rewrite of it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.