[Plugin,Parts] 14.3 Katerpillar-Wheels V0.3

drewmacrae

Feel free to tell me about your other parts and how you feel the part affects the balance of your ga  

1,946 members have voted

1. 1. Feel free to tell me about your other parts and how you feel the part affects the balance of your ga

• I mostly use stock parts and I find the wheels make navigating Kerbin/the Mun too easy
    • I mostly use stock parts and I don't use the wheels because they are too hard to use
    • the balance is just right, or I'm comfortable adjusting the .cfg file until it is
    • I use quite a few mod parts and I find the wheels make navigating Kerbin/the Mun too easy
    • I use quite a few mod parts and I don't use the wheels because they are too hard to use

First of all, i really like the wheels. The only thing i don\'t k=like about them is that no matter what, you can drive forever with them because no fuel or power is used by them. I would love to see a link between them and solar panels (or battery).

Card, I like your suggesstion, and I\'ll take it into consideration. I\'m currently having trouble with my VAB tabs being too cluttered with parts. I just did a fresh install of KSP and I\'m reluctant to add mods and I certainly don\'t want to make my parts dependent on others.

• 3 weeks later...

The author is still around, maybe send him a PM and ask.

Drew, about the parts tab clutter, have you considered using a mod manager to enable/disable various mod packs to limit what shows up to only what you actually will be using?

Cheers!

Capt\'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

Is there any chance that this mod will be made compatible with 0.15?

This mod is unique as it allows to move (very) large objects.

I am using it with 0.15 and it works fine.

I am using it with 0.15 and it works fine.

Are Kerbals silly? If so, i\'m feeling very Kerbal at the moment because you\'re absolutely right. :-[

Are Kerbals lucky? If so, I\'m feeling very Kerbal at the moment.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pressing h and n has higher speed than w and s, also, attaching an engine to the back of your rover increases the speed greatly. It also becomes very hard to steer, I recommend turning CAPS LOCK on.

Just made a small unmanned rover with your wheels, awesome handling. I just wish q and e weren't flipped :/

Weighs a bit less than 4 tons.

screenshot11kc.png

Noticed that with a previous rover design I actually did accelerate and decelerate it with h and n. Now that doesn't seem to work and steering is q/e to turn wasd/ijkl to drive (n works as a brake now). What could've caused the bugged controls? Cart plugin or something from this? No RCS on the rovers. I'm using advanced brakes but it doesn't seem to work very well.

Edited by heikkik
typos

• 4 weeks later...
Will there ever be an update to this where I can attach it to the undersides of spaceplanes? This wheel would be great for use as a taxi wheel.

It does work in 0.16 if that is what you are wondering.

The wheels are best suited for slow moving vehicles and can be a bit tricky to steer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...