Which one?

regex

Which mod do you think will be added?  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Which mod do you think will be added?

Kethane? Resources everyone wanted? :P

Kethane is terrible. Magical faerie dust and tediously boring scanning. While undeniably well-made, it's not something I'd want in the game.

Tis a bit of a tease, regex. This is actually breaking info. As Max mentioned over the weekend, he's merely the harbinger. The real news (full details and such) will occur from our official sources, likely sometime this week.

I was going to say NEAR but Maxmaps' "This isn't like us taking in a feature that a mod has already done before, it's a whole thing we are buying from a skilled modder." has me completely confused. Not a feature that a mod has already done but still "a slightly modified version of a very well made mod".

I surrender. And I want a refund for my ticket on the hype-train!

Tis a bit of a tease, regex.

Of course it is, you don't think I actually expected an answer, do you? Honestly, though, this could have also been mentioned here at the same time...

Of course it is, you don't think I actually expected an answer, do you? Honestly, though, this could have also been mentioned here at the same time...

Every newsworthy worth of info will be on the official channels, all I throw out are silly things or telling people announcements are coming. Unless you're into speculation or me making lame jokes I don't think you miss anything from not keeping up with me.

Edit: VVV It's me saying 'there will be news later about a cool thing!'. I assure you the announcement of said cool thing will far dwarf anything I've said. Ever.

Edited by Maxmaps

Every newsworthy worth of info will be on the official channels, all I throw out are silly things or telling people announcements are coming.

So, this isn't newsworthy? News to me.

E:

Edit: VVV It's me saying 'there will be news later about a cool thing!'. I assure you the announcement of said cool thing will far dwarf anything I've said. Ever.

You guys certainly do hype well...

Edited by regex

So, this isn't newsworthy? News to me.

What he means is when there is fully fleshed out info to tell, you'll hear it from our end, not from Max's personal twitter, nor something awful. This is info that's breaking and there will be a lot more to say about it in the days to come.

What he means is when there is fully fleshed out info to tell, you'll hear it from our end, not from Max's personal twitter, nor something awful. This is info that's breaking and there will be a lot more to say about it in the days to come.

I feel like the hype train is everywhere but the "official" forums but I suppose that's alright because I don't exactly buy tickets for the hype train.

I'm 90% confident it's with Ferram. He's a coder and an aeronautics wizard, such work is not easily replicated, unlike a resource or part mod, and multiplayer mods aren't good enough to pay for yet. NEAR may have been the nudge they needed to pull the trigger.

It also means we'll finally get fairings, reentry heat, and it fits in with space planes recently getting some love in dev notes after long neglect.

KER was mentioned in the Maxmaps AMA, saying that it would need modification before incorporation. That would be my (hopeful) speculation.

Any of the popular ones would be good, though; a mod doesn't get popular without players wanting it. I hope they hire the modder, some fresh blood after the departure of some previously hired modders would be a good thing, I think.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.