[1.12.x] Freight Transport Technologies [v0.6.0]

RoverDude

How do you feel about the VTOL engines? (Vote for both)  

388 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the VTOL engines? (Vote for both)

• Propfan: Just right!
    • Propfan: OMG! Overpowered!
    • LFO Thrusters: Too weak
    • LFO Thrusters: Just right!
    • LFO Thrusters: OMG! Overpowered!

I think you can still change the colors of the badger container pods, but yeah you can't repaint the contents atm.

And I definetly wouldn't say useless, theres just some applications that they can't be used for and plenty that they can be used for.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean that to come off sarcastically. Limitations of a text based format and whatnot. I have great respect for you and all of your mods -- I use almost all of the USI mods and they are definitely some of my favorites.

All I meant was, if I launch a probe core attached to the honeycomb cargo pod or a kontainer, I can't fill it up with anything, can I? There's no right click menu so it doesn't have any capacity to contain materials. I just don't see how to load those particular parts up with any materials.

Am I missing an obvious solution, or should I be using different parts for now?

EDIT: I think I am missing something, or I am experiencing a bug beyond just not being able to change textures. Here is what I see when I put in a kontainer. As you can see, I don't have a way to make it actually contain anything:

screenshot125.jpg

Edited by babale

Ok. You had specifically said repaint vs. initial paint. Repaint in the field is disabled. If you can't paint in the VAB, then yes you have a different issue. Screenshot of GameData folder and your USI folder helps.

Ah, I understand! Yes I meant I can't paint them in the first place to choose a resource. I guess I figured that there was a default "paint" and that selecting a resource would be "repainting".

Here are pictures of my directory.

Game_Data.png

Game_Data_Firespitter.png

Game_Data_FTT.png

Game_Data_USITools.png

Ah, that's the problem! Turns out that at some point after I installed Karbonite (by copy-pasting the files) I dragged the folder into my Game Data instead of deleting it and that messed everything up. Fixed that and now I can control the textures, not to mention add items to KAS containers which as it turns out also did not work.

Thanks for the help, and again, my apologies. I didn't realize people were complaining about not being able to repaint once the mission is launched and that what I said could be interpreted as me saying that not having repainting makes the tanks useless. Reading the last few pages shows me why I probably offended you... I didn't mean to!

Great mod, and thanks a ton!

Good day

I notice this in the name = FTT_Kontainer_03 some cost value are missing.

MODULE

{

name = FSfuelSwitch

resourceNames = Ore;Water;Substrate;Minerals;Karbonite;LiquidFuel,Oxidizer;LiquidFuel;RocketParts;Metal;Chemicals;Polymers;

resourceAmounts = 27000;135000;27000;27000;27000;12150,14850;27000;27000;27000;27000;27000;

tankCost = 95000;9000;45000;110000;48000;18000;

hasGUI = false

}

I added a liquidfuel kontainer that why some of the resource don't match

Edited by BioRoots

Awesome mod, i want it so bad. so i have a bit of a problem here. i install the mod and everything you know you know... i load the game and the parts isnt there. please help. this mod is epic. i have the same with K+ karbonite+, but karbonite itself works. so.

Awesome mod, i want it so bad. so i have a bit of a problem here. i install the mod and everything you know you know... i load the game and the parts isnt there. please help. this mod is epic. i have the same with K+ karbonite+, but karbonite itself works. so.

Sounds like an install issue, tell us the "you know you know". Better yet show is a screenshot of the gamedata and UmbraSpaceIndustries folders.

Download via the USI Catalog Page

http://i.imgur.com/bQRKHlQ.png

Introducing Freight Transportation Technologies! A series of modular parts for all of your hauling, mining, and exploration needs!

Phase 1 introduces the 'Honeybadger' freighter - a 3.75m form factor craft ideal for mining operations or light hauling/tug duties. Usual deal, this is a pre-release, so there are still some minor texturing adjustments being made, as well as proper tech tree integration.

http://imgur.com/a/JQ3cE

http://imgur.com/a/KmiLN

And a video for those that have not yet seen it!

License: CC 4.0 Share Alike Attribution non-commercial

Download from GitHub: https://github.com/BobPalmer/FTT/releases

This package redistributes FireSpitter

This package redistribures Module Manager

This package includes USI_Tools License is CC 4.0 BY-NC-SA. Source can be found here

This package includes USI_Converter, which includes code derived from the TAC GenericConverter by TaranisElsu. Source can be found here

This package inclues ORSX, a derivative and extension of ORS, developed by Fractal_UK, and shares the same BSD 3-Clause license. Source can be found here

All relevant licenses are included in the download.

Changelog:

0.3.0 - 2014.12.16
[LIST]
[*]KSP 0.90 compatibility
[*]Converted over to Regolith for all generators
[*]Updated Honeybadger reactor - now larger and with radiators
[*]Added Metal, Chemical, Polymer, and RocketParts Kontainers
[*]Converted nukes to be LH2 only, and tweaked ISP/cost to be comparable to stock nukes
[*]Adjusted LH2 volume in spherical tanks
[*]Tweaked down the large toroidal SAS, made both StarLifter SAS modules scale linearly with stock
[*]Tweaked the reactors - especially price - to be inline with NFT
[*]CTT Integration
[*]The Honeybadger parts are under Gigantic Rocketry
[*]The StarLifter parts are under Colossal Rocketry
[*]Nuclear engines are under High-Efficiency Nuclear Propulsion
[*]Nuclear reactors are under Large-Scale Nuclear Power
[*]All ducted fan engines are under Experimental Aircraft Engines
[/LIST]

0.2.4 - 2014.11.01
[LIST]
[*]Adjusted directory structure to help with package management
[*]Converted TGA->PNG
[*]Full CRP
[*]ORSX/USI Tools Refresh
[*]Adjusted cost for several modules
[*]Added new 5x5 adapter (one 5m -> 4x5m)
[*]New toroidal 5m SAS
[*]Tweaked ISP of the nuclear engines
[/LIST]

0.2.3 - 2014.10.17
[LIST]
[*]Replaced TGA with PNG
[*]Updated tech level of some HoneyBadger parts
[*]Updated HoneyBadger descriptions
[*]Introduced all parts for the StarLifter - a 0.25m freighter
[*]Structural parts
[*]5m Command Pod
[*]2.5m and 3.75m nuclear engines
[*]5m reactor
[*]5m SAS
[*]5m Karborundum and LiquidHydrogen tanks
[*]10m LiquidHydrogen tank
[*]Cargo racks and adapters
[*]Larger Kontainers
[/LIST]
0.2.2 - 2014.10.07
[LIST]
[*]KSP 0.25 Support
[*]Removed LqdHelium from reactor
[*]ORSX/CRP/USI DLL refresh
[/LIST]

0.2.1 - 2014.09.28
[LIST]
[*]Removed RCS reference from the inline fan, fixed intake issue
[*]USI/ORSX/CRP refreshes
[*]Added new radial outrigger - no more weird fuel issues. The dual outrigger is now considered legacy
[*]DRE support
[*]ATM support
[*]Ducted fan tweaks - note that the radial fans changed position so this will affect ships in flight!
[*]Hover mode and an attachment node for the radial ducted fans!
[*]Added FireSpitter version file
[*]Fixed transform location issue with ducted fan engines
[*]Switched to latest CRP/ORSX
[*]Latest USI DLLs
[/LIST]

0.1.3 - 2014.09.02
[LIST]
[*]Multi-colored honeybadgers thanks to HostageTaker who gave us a bunch of new textures. You can color your ship in yellow, gray, orange, or brown. Note some bits have more than one coloration choice, and some are for contents only.
[*]Engine tweaks - power requirements are up, props now spin in the right direction
[*]Two new ducted fan engines - a radial one with similar characteristics as the inline one we already have, and it's new smaller cousin (smaller than FTT's, larger than Exp Pack's). These all have RCS capabilities, but these are not exactly nimble ships
[*]Kontainers - Kerbal-style cargo containers for hauling around raw goods. They fit snugly inside of the bay of a Honeybadger, and are perfect for use with a KAS and IR crane
[*]Added CRP integration for resources (config only not maps)
[*]Updated to latest USI tool DLLs
[/LIST]

0.1.2 - 2014.09.02
[LIST]
[*]KSP-AVC integration
[*]No longer dependent on Karbonite
[*]Updated the propfan - better thrust, huge power consumption increase, slight gimbal, slight mass increase
[*]CLS integration
[*]Tech tree update
[*]Updated engine cowling nodes to not include duplicates. Should not break stuff, but hilarity may ensue.
[/LIST]

I have a little problem with the firespitter. im not a pro at the game but please help, so i read that you could upgrade your firespitter by dowloading the MKS mod. i did that, replaced the firespitter with the MKS, i fixed HALF of the mod. the other half of the mod is the cargobay/containers/honeybadgercontainers. please, this mod is awesome so far.:D

Using the one from MKS should and will work for all USI mods, not sure what the issue with Firespitter here is.

Thanks for helping me, here is the list of things that doesnt work: Honeybadger Cargobay, Honeybadger Cargo Pod, Jumbo Cargo Pod, Kontainer, Kontainer MarkII and the Kontainer Pod

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.