[1.12.x] Freight Transport Technologies [v0.6.0]

RoverDude

How do you feel about the VTOL engines? (Vote for both)  

385 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the VTOL engines? (Vote for both)

• Propfan: Just right!
    • Propfan: OMG! Overpowered!
    • LFO Thrusters: Too weak
    • LFO Thrusters: Just right!
    • LFO Thrusters: OMG! Overpowered!

I use Throttle Controlled Avionics because balancing and keeping that balance for a VTOL that ferries resources is no longer enjoyable to me. Flying them is challenging enough. FYI you can also adjust the thrust of your engines to make up for any weight difference.

This too. I do try to at least get the thing closely balanced, but I don't find it at all fun to be constantly trying to tweak the balance. Maybe someday when the VAB/SPH annoys me less. TCA is an amazing mod that then makes up for any imbalance left.

I use Throttle Controlled Avionics because balancing and keeping that balance for a VTOL that ferries resources is no longer enjoyable to me. Flying them is challenging enough. FYI you can also adjust the thrust of your engines to make up for any weight difference.

Edit - I also use TAC to keep the fuel/resources balanced.

Well tried this TCA and its great! Its working.

Thank you guys really much :-)

I was thinking more 'stay at the same altitude and use forward thrust'. I'm talking about VTOLs here though aren't I.

I'm trying to decide how to design a rover (of sorts) for Laythe which self refuels using karbonite. I wanted to use the hangar mod stuff to transport it to laythe, but um, I think it'll end up too big for those.

I was thinking more 'stay at the same altitude and use forward thrust'. I'm talking about VTOLs here though aren't I.

I'm trying to decide how to design a rover (of sorts) for Laythe which self refuels using karbonite. I wanted to use the hangar mod stuff to transport it to laythe, but um, I think it'll end up too big for those.

You can stay at the same altitude and move forward by tilting. And a helicopter by definition is a VTOL so I don't see where that's an issue.

I stick the radials on an IR widget so I can rotate them to both hover and for forward flight.

Eeh, IR needs tweakscale and tweakscale is buggy.

You can stay at the same altitude and move forward by tilting. And a helicopter by definition is a VTOL so I don't see where that's an issue.

I just haven't done any aircraft in KSP, or flown any. lol

Eeh, IR needs tweakscale and tweakscale is buggy.

I just haven't done any aircraft in KSP, or flown any. lol

Ive been using the new version of tweakscale upkept by Pellinor (i think he started a new thread) and havent encounter any horrible bugs yet :) I believe he fixed the major ones.

Ive been using the new version of tweakscale upkept by Pellinor (i think he started a new thread) and havent encounter any horrible bugs yet :) I believe he fixed the major ones.

Perhaps I'll give it and IR a try. I wonder how 'full of bees' RoverDude considers the current iteration of tweakscale to be though.

Perhaps I'll give it and IR a try. I wonder how 'full of bees' RoverDude considers the current iteration of tweakscale to be though.

I belive the only known bug is the part rescaling bug, but that only happens if the Root part of the craft is a tweakscaled part (and you quicksave and quick load) can be fixed by just making sure the root part is not a tweakscaled part.

I use IR without tweakscale. I just can't resize the IR parts so I have to be more creative.

I suppose it is possible to create part.cfg files for the other sizes that you require? I "think" the rescale factor together with the same multiplier for the attachement nodes could do the trick.

I use IR without tweakscale. I just can't resize the IR parts so I have to be more creative.

Wonder why tweakscale is required then? According to the IR thread anyway.

Edit: How do I apply tweakscale to the honeybadger reactor? Unless theres some serious problems that come with tweakscaling that part.

Edit: Actually, yes you can tweakscale the IR parts, maybe not as fine tuned as other parts, but it's possible.

Edit2: Reading comp fail. You said you don't use tweakscale, so nvm.

screenshot3_zpsrkfr1c0c.png

Edited by smjjames

Wonder why tweakscale is required then? According to the IR thread anyway.

It isn't. If you read carefully it states you must install tweakscale separately (ie tweakscale is not included). That does not necessarily mean tweakscale is a required mod. If you search the thread you will find numerous references to the fact that tweakscale is only necessary to change the part sizes

Not on the list, it's a space served well by a lot of other mods (though never say never...).

It's mostly to facilitate small-scale storage and use the slots already in the HB cargo module, and some of the spare space around the sides of MKS modules when they are in their fairings.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I've built myself a spaceplane with return capacity, using the 2.5m Kontainer pod, and when I try to add it in the SPH, and then set its resources carried to 0, that makes my craft suddenly get a negative price. I suspect that whats happening is the resources are 'refunded' when I subtract them from the now-empty kontainer. I tried adding an initialResourceAmounts line in the part's cfg file, setting all the initial resources value to 0. When I load up the game, the kontainer still starts with a full load.

I don't like making money through bugs, so I would like to find at least some kind of a solution to this before I do my resource run. Thanks for any help.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a pretty major problem, I can't repaint anything. I installed the mod as instructed and the firespitter folder is in my gamedata folder, everything else works perfect -- but when I right-click a container from this mod, I get no options.

Is this a known problem? Any way to fix it?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.