Kethane Station Discussion

Halban

I'm going to have to stop you right there. License and registration for that VTOL gunship please. You're speeding over the awesome limit with those twin Goalkeepers.

*Twin Vulcans. Still, screw limits! *Ride of the Valkyries plays in the distance*

"I love the smell of Kapalm in the morning..."

That last episode was pretty dang amazing. Now only if someone else had a stock tank so you could use mine.

JDlcdzc.jpg

It just isn't designed to fight with BD armory. Armor is designed for kinetic weapons only. But if something opens up I just had to post it here to remind you.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/130992-Relentless-E-3-Heavy-Tank

Edited by Jon144

I've made a few more changes to the OP to coincide with the new submissions video I'll be releasing soon, please read them carefully. I've added a note about balancing, which may seem a little controversial. It's up for debate, so I want to hear what you've got to say.

I've made a few more changes to the OP to coincide with the new submissions video I'll be releasing soon, please read them carefully. I've added a note about balancing, which may seem a little controversial. It's up for debate, so I want to hear what you've got to say.

Well since my ships are utterly terrible in armor terms(nothing more than .625m), I shouldn't have a problem with this. But the weapons are quite OP if a ship isn't armored well. Against a well armored ship, they should take a few hits. If not I can refit them.

I can totally understand the need for balancing, though I personally see it as more so not going overkill with munitions, as most 1.25 meter rounds (ranging from unguided SRBs to guided, high-tech Anti Ship Missiles) will eventually punch a decently sized hole in a ship (or a similar amount of damage, such as what occurred with the Victory and its unfortunate demise).

Also, I sent you a nice 'lil PM with something you'll probably like. :P

i agree with the decision, since well, what is the fun in 1 shot kills everywhere (poor victory, and that actually looked tough as nails externally).

While im not someone to tell you what to do (its your series), i recommend the following things to make missiles less 1 shotty:

No tires whatsoever on any missiles (its near impossible to defend against any weapon with a warhead made of TR-2L wheels (and XL-3s will 1 shot ANYTHING in existence every bloody time).

Maximum of 2-3 tons per missile, ofc you can always make very weak warheads that are heavier then 20 tons, or powerful sub 1 tons, but in general a good rule of thumb is that anything above 3 tons is very lethal (provided its not just a fuel tank and an engine).

Pehaps limit the amount of largeish missiles (say maximum of 2 or so 1.25s per ship that isnt some dreadnaught or battleship), and anything frigate or smaller probably shouldnt even carry a single 1.25m (while there are some powerful 0.6m weapons out there, very few of them are as powerful as even a RT-5+warhead made of 80m/s parts).

These are just a few suggestions to help make it more fair. The other option would be to give both sides access to teh same warheads, but i feel that might make ships less unique.

And over the next few days im gonna be coming out with a true package of ships you may choose from, all of them low parts, simple, sleek, and well, the majority of them have medium-high armor protection against anything less then a competitive capital ship torpedo.

i agree with the decision, since well, what is the fun in 1 shot kills everywhere (poor victory, and that actually looked tough as nails externally).

While im not someone to tell you what to do (its your series), i recommend the following things to make missiles less 1 shotty:

No tires whatsoever on any missiles (its near impossible to defend against any weapon with a warhead made of TR-2L wheels (and XL-3s will 1 shot ANYTHING in existence every bloody time).

Maximum of 2-3 tons per missile, ofc you can always make very weak warheads that are heavier then 20 tons, or powerful sub 1 tons, but in general a good rule of thumb is that anything above 3 tons is very lethal (provided its not just a fuel tank and an engine).

Pehaps limit the amount of largeish missiles (say maximum of 2 or so 1.25s per ship that isnt some dreadnaught or battleship), and anything frigate or smaller probably shouldnt even carry a single 1.25m (while there are some powerful 0.6m weapons out there, very few of them are as powerful as even a RT-5+warhead made of 80m/s parts).

These are just a few suggestions to help make it more fair. The other option would be to give both sides access to teh same warheads, but i feel that might make ships less unique.

And over the next few days im gonna be coming out with a true package of ships you may choose from, all of them low parts, simple, sleek, and well, the majority of them have medium-high armor protection against anything less then a competitive capital ship torpedo.

While the tires are pretty darn powerful, I feel that allowing them albeit in smaller numbers (like 2-4 tire-tip torps per ship, dependent on relative ship size) would be a nice middle ground, since tire warheads help reduce part count on longer range torps fairly well.

Although I've known them for a while, I really don't like the tire warheads. They're completely illogical, which makes it impossible to explain them being an RP series :/

I agree, but since they offer a nice reduction in psrt count and nice AP capabilities, I try to make warheads using them appear to be similar to the drills used in boring underground tunnels.

I agree, but since they offer a nice reduction in psrt count and nice AP capabilities, I try to make warheads using them appear to be similar to the drills used in boring underground tunnels.

Yeah, same here, my Tripedoes (at least the original ones before i went all out on minimizing size) were basically a engine, fuel tank, and 3 tires in exactly teh same shape as the end of the drill-o-matic. Looks cool (and since we are using them for drilling it totally fits, maybee not drilling into the ground, but we are drilling (err exploding) holes in enemy ships.

Anyways, i still stand by my original stance, no wheels on weapons (unless its scripted battle and you want to be absolutely sure something is wiped out, although i guess you can always spam quickloads). Hey Scriptm, if you are interested, ill show you some low part count warheads that dont use wheels are are better then your original ASM in firepower and penetration, its not too hard to make, just most of my missiles have lowish TWR (just swap the lv-909s i tend to use for 2 radials if you insist on TWR). My current best warhead without tires is ~15 parts, ~3 tons, and can split a drek in half with good aim (and some luck).

Yeah, same here, my Tripedoes (at least the original ones before i went all out on minimizing size) were basically a engine, fuel tank, and 3 tires in exactly teh same shape as the end of the drill-o-matic. Looks cool (and since we are using them for drilling it totally fits, maybee not drilling into the ground, but we are drilling (err exploding) holes in enemy ships.

Anyways, i still stand by my original stance, no wheels on weapons (unless its scripted battle and you want to be absolutely sure something is wiped out, although i guess you can always spam quickloads). Hey Scriptm, if you are interested, ill show you some low part count warheads that dont use wheels are are better then your original ASM in firepower and penetration, its not too hard to make, just most of my missiles have lowish TWR (just swap the lv-909s i tend to use for 2 radials if you insist on TWR). My current best warhead without tires is ~15 parts, ~3 tons, and can split a drek in half with good aim (and some luck).

I'll have to talk to you about that non-tire warhead, but in any case, I'm only favoring some potential allowances for tire-tips until a better, more balanced, yet still reliable and part-efficient alternative can be discovered.

Just finished the opening cinematic for the next episode and I'm really proud of it. The most special effects I've ever done (thanks to ABAthedude for helping me out with that) and a really exciting story. Best part about it is that it went from script to film in roughly five days, which is a record time for me by a country mile, I can assure you though that the quality did not suffer: in fact it's probably the best I've ever done. The narrated section of the video hopefully wont take me too long either, though the last episode taught me that I shouldn't underestimate how long it takes to record a battle. I'm starting to think this may just be the shortest gap between episodes yet, and actually under my planned two week goal :D

Just finished the opening cinematic for the next episode and I'm really proud of it. The most special effects I've ever done (thanks to ABAthedude for helping me out with that) and a really exciting story. Best part about it is that it went from script to film in roughly five days, which is a record time for me by a country mile, I can assure you though that the quality did not suffer: in fact it's probably the best I've ever done. The narrated section of the video hopefully wont take me too long either, though the last episode taught me that I shouldn't underestimate how long it takes to record a battle. I'm starting to think this may just be the shortest gap between episodes yet, and actually under my planned two week goal :D

Aww yeah! Looking forward to seeing the result of that breakthrough. :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.