Kethane Station Discussion

Halban

MY COMPANY

Emu Dynamics http://i.imgur.com/prlQ2t0.png

WHAT WE DO

Emu Dynamics designs and builds low to medium altitude aircraft and fast ground assault crafts we shall begin design at the request from our dear friends and long standing ally the HKA currently we are sad to announce that since the occupation of our territory by GMI some of our craft have fallen into their hands.

you may want to put all your craft in one post as you're cluttering up the thread

Role-play mode initiated:

(Laser Signal Start)

This is Edlu Kerman, Chief science officer of KSE. I have heard the tragic news and have sent the KSE Recovery and KSE Liberator to help any injured Kerbals, and defend any ships damaged in the fight.

(Laser Signal End)

(Kmail to REDACTED Space Center Begin)

I found a few mysterious ships in orbit around minmus near the ruins of Minmus station B-8. See what you can make of it.

U0TPOGJ.png

(Kmail to REDACTED Space Center End)

Role-play Mode Deinitiated

Edited by Probe 1

I've hit a wall Kerbonauts, and I need help.

I now have my fighter the way I want it....but missiles elude me for the time being. Mine (basically nosecone-OCTO-battery-2x OSCAR-Spark) does NOT work like I want it to, because I also put a uncoupler on, and whenever they seperate, it jostles the ship around, and when I put it on backwards, the missile does not accelerate at all. I'd try the docking port route, but how does that work? What should I do here? I would make those "3x scaffolding/Seperatron" ones, or the i-beam/seperatron, but I'm going for realism lol.

I've hit a wall Kerbonauts, and I need help.

I now have my fighter the way I want it....but missiles elude me for the time being. Mine (basically nosecone-OCTO-battery-2x OSCAR-Spark) does NOT work like I want it to, because I also put a uncoupler on, and whenever they seperate, it jostles the ship around, and when I put it on backwards, the missile does not accelerate at all. I'd try the docking port route, but how does that work? What should I do here? I would make those "3x scaffolding/Seperatron" ones, or the i-beam/seperatron, but I'm going for realism lol.

What you should use is a stack seperator, and set the seperation force quite low, it's not accelerating because the engine will be blocked by the decoupler. Try using a spark engine instead of an Ant as well, as there are a few factors in making a good missile (that I know of.)

1. Speed, obviously. But if you go too fast you will just glitch through the ship, this is good if you phase through the ARMOUR and get the inside, but bad if you phase through the whole thing and don't do anything.

2. Mass, if it's heavy it will be a bigger blow, like a hammer.

3. Crash Tolerance. You want something with a high crash tolerance at the front, like a truss segment, I-beam, structural panel or (if you are going for a massive cruiser that overkills everything) Ruggedized Vehicular Wheels. Anything with a suitable size that has a high crash tolerance is really good!

With that, I hope you can better make your stuff, but I will warn you though, ships NEED reaction wheel units, especially if they are have a probe core, probe cores can barely even control tiny ships. I really like your fighter, though. I'll PM you.

After much toil and trouble from the Federation Engineers, we are happy to announce the new Avacyn-class Assault Carrier!

cMV6VHT.png

The new Avacyn-class Assault carrier is created to carry two Thalia Fighters into the field and generally to protect them with its gigantic "shield" structure. It doesn't come unarmed though as it comes equipped with 8 anti-capital Mono-prop powered missiles

Instructions for use: while mostly simple to use, the craft launches with control from the command pod,this should be changed to the probecore located in the centre

Download Link

Edited by Spearka

I got them firing and I got them hitting stuff, but I think I armored my fighter too well, (they do not do any damage) so I'm redesigning the missiles. they work when testfired on the pad, need to test in space though....and this is getting too ridiculous for a fighter so I'm redesignating it a light bomber.

330320852cd3a7f39e948c781758fcc5.png

((FINALLYYYYYYYY here's the post you have been waiting for, and new craft will go here too.))

(( Role: Manufacturer ))

DIndustries_zps81a56125.png

Welcome to Draerospace Industries! We here at DI used to be a civilian manufacturer of space solutions, but with the advent of the war, we have chosen to produce what we call "enemy deterrent" to help protect our home. We originally sided with GMI, but that did not last long as we were going off of rumor, and not fact. Hubrick is a [redacted]. We are proud to create products that will help protect our livelyhood here on Kerbin.

DI began as an experiment. Our CEO wondered if everyday people could build space vehicles as well as the people at KSC. We took off in the following years, even winning contracts for the KSC organization itself. With the war, however, we were split into two factions, the GMI, and the HKA. And we are proud to support HKA!

Our first product is the Helgoos (pronounced "Hellgoose")-class Light Torpedo Bomber

Helgoos_zpsz0owaqjf.jpg

And we also have video of a prototype conducting a weapons test:

<strong>

We proudly offer it to HKA, in return for some Kash: https://app.box.com/s/0th0dx7ljl18bi8e4yaycxpjriy5ev38

Our second ship we are offering to the HKA is a battleship, the lead ship of her class, the KSS Retribution. Also in the deal is the Retribution-class KSS Warrior. Both ships have identical stats:

efa7568e6af84f07634e367360afd264.png

7b5f779a537af4f9fb5b3264f4dc9669.png

Our intelligence-gathering arm has reported that GMI is going to take Minmus from us, so after simulated weapons testing, we will send both ships to hide on Minmus on a tiny "pond", where high surrounding hills will make them impossible to locate. We used Minmus' low gravity to work in our favor, actually landing them on the surface.

These two ships now in the stars, we formally hand them over to the HKA, with hopes that they help nullify the GMI threat.

The Retribution class is availiable here - https://app.box.com/s/ug6k03cx9xx7ykkq8c7uarlelfr5od7l

0a1dc1beb6352f65c03d12794f60e3d5.png

Get yours now!

Edited by Draconiator

After much toil and trouble from the Federation Engineers, we are happy to announce the new Avacyn-class Assault Carrier!

http://i.imgur.com/cMV6VHT.png

The new Avacyn-class Assault carrier is created to carry two Thalia Fighters into the field and generally to protect them with its gigantic "shield" structure. It doesn't come unarmed though as it comes equipped with 8 anti-capital Mono-prop powered missiles

Download Link

I better get on something to counter that quick!

Maybe a certain super dreadnought will do.....

http://i.imgur.com/cMV6VHT.png

Download Link

Those LF-filled wing strakes are gonna burst like confetti when hit...

Those LF-filled wing strakes are gonna burst like confetti when hit...

while true, the strakes play no part in the framework; the "wings" are designed so that the whole ship cannot be OHK'ed by anti-capital missiles from the front (and the sides to a degree which has been proven in combat testing (mainly with its own missiles though).

The MU could honestly consider the idea of modular armouring

besides, who doesn't like explosions?

I better get on something to counter that quick!

Maybe a certain super dreadnought will do.....

You're making a dreadnought to counter a ship with anti-dreadnought missiles

Today on bad GMI decisions...

Edited by Spearka

while true, the strakes play no part in the framework; the "wings" are designed so that the whole ship cannot be OHK'ed by anti-capital missiles from the front (and the sides to a degree which has been proven in combat testing (mainly with its own missiles though).

The MU could honestly consider the idea of modular armouring

besides, who doesn't like explosions?

You're making a dreadnought to counter a ship with anti-dreadnought missiles

Today on bad GMI decisions...

Hence the MAYBE.

~~opening encrypted message~~

To the CEO of HKA and other members of the HKA's Alliance:

At approximately 0430 hours last night, a Federation warehouse was breached by an unknown force.

The warehouse contained 2 old Griselbrand corvettes that were decomissioned over a year ago; while an old and otherwise obselete design these are still dangerous in the wrong hands. More worryingly, the Federation's research laboratory in the capital of Nexus then detected a warp signature coming from the warehouse. When a military force came in the ships were gone.

As of yet only GMI and [REDACTED] currently possess warp technology and we, the Federation government and national security department are very concerned that GMI may be responsible for this, while we are conducting search parties to retrieve or violently scrap the ships we are granting the HKA and allies clearance to shoot any Griselbrand I's on sight; we're transmitting an image of the corvette for identification.

1cImlXVl.jpg

Transmitting blueprints now

~~END OF TRANSMISSION~~

Edited by Spearka

So um, hatbat. Considering your latest episode, what would be the rules for vessels that are made for planetary bodies lacking an atmosphere?

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing as I made a variant of the Argus Tank made for planetary bodies without atmospheres but I do not know if it's allowed

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing as I made a variant of the Argus Tank made for planetary bodies without atmospheres but I do not know if it's allowed

same here with my light atmosphere fighter it is designed for planets with little to no atmosphere so i had to leave it unarmed not knowing the rules

i need some serious tips on my crafts they all listed on page 163 just general tips on how to improve them thanks

okay.

First of all I cannot help but notice you are still using low impact tolerance parts on your big ships as part of the framework; this makes them very weak and suspectible to one-shot kills.

Second, to maximise the potency of weapons you want high impact tolerance parts like I-beams or girders on the front of your weapons, you also want them to have high mass and high acceleration to increase the projectiles momentum.

Next, I have noticed that your ships are rather small, even your "Dreadnought" is much smaller than by Griselbrand II and barely larger than the Vraska. If you're having trouble making big ships then I'd suggest building a rudimentary skeleton then using Mk 3 Spaceplane parts to fuel it and build your framework and hull from there

I was recently sent this video from an unknown source from an escapee of a prison ship near laythe. It appears to be a dramatization of his capture, from the initial purpose to the capture itself. It is not known if the other member survived or not, but this presents a worrying situation.

As for the prison ship and laythe, I have yet to uncover the truth.

Downloading .AVI file

Download complete. File ready for viewing.

(Just wanted to follow up on a promise I made a while ago in this thread. I don't like to break promises. Also, this is not self promotion guys, I just want to play along. If HATBAT asks me to take this down, I will comply completely. Thank you for reading.)

I was recently sent this video from an unknown source from an escapee of a prison ship near laythe. It appears to be a dramatization of his capture, from the initial purpose to the capture itself. It is not known if the other member survived or not, but this presents a worrying situation.

As for the prison ship and laythe, I have yet to uncover the truth.

Downloading .AVI file

Download complete. File ready for viewing.

(Just wanted to follow up on a promise I made a while ago in this thread. I don't like to break promises. Also, this is not self promotion guys, I just want to play along. If HATBAT asks me to take this down, I will comply completely. Thank you for reading.)

All this secrecy to counter the Avacyn?

And I'm still trying to make it awesomer!

21:49 login_cmd

LOGIN: hka_sup1a

PASSWORD: ************

Login Succesful. Welcome, Supervisor 1a.

22:01 NOTE: Incoming Message

22:01 Package recieved. Decoding...

22:02 Decoding SUCCESSFUL. Message displayed below:

HKA Alliance:

This is a classified message from Arvak Industries. We are an independent, secret research organization and have been monitoring your military progress carefully. We believe it is in our mutual interests to offer you our latest prototype warship:

ATLAS-CLASS

Type: Frigate:

Armament: 12x Wasp LAFTs*, 6x Mercury HACTs**

Maneuverability: High (Advanced RCS system, experimental high-power gyro wheels)

Power Source: Nuclear Reactor (4 Backup Fuel Cells provided)

AGs:

1 - Toggle Engines

2 - Fuel Cells ON

3 - Fuel Cells OFF

4 - Toggle Radiator Panels

NOTE: Image database only contains images of the first prototype Atlas (ID Code:AKV-Remorse-P01) and is therefore slightly outdated. The final prototype (ID Code:AKV-Sleipnir-P04) has a modified forward LAFT launch bay and modified Mercury HACTs with guidance systems.

Classified Image Database

OPERATIONAL ISSUES:

-Due to prototype nature of spacecraft, a reliable LTO (launcher-to-orbit) is not included; launcher is to be provided by customer.

-Broadside HACTs may be somewhat difficult to aim. It is recommended to use the missile guidance system (control from docking port) to aim the missile correctly.

-Escape system not provided. In the event that the vehicle is critically damaged due to enemy fire or internal malfunction, the crew is to don their spacesuits and either abandoning ship via EVA to a nearby vessel or to isolate the flight deck and await rescue.

-In the case of nuclear reactor meltdown, the crew is to don their spacesuits immediately and evacuate to the flight deck, before isolating the flight deck from the rest of the spacecraft and either abandoning ship via EVA or awaiting rescue in the flight deck.

-Due to issues with the current flight computer (lack of enough action groups), all missiles are controlled manually via the staging system. User is free to adjust this at their leisure.

*LAFT: Light Anti-Fighter Torpedo

**HACT: Heavy Anti-Capital Ship Torpedo

Classified Blueprint Database

-end of message-

Would you like to reply? (Y/N)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.