Kethane Station Discussion

Halban

Would disabling drag for non-physical parts be permitted? I generally put a large number of struts in my designs, and they create such ridiculous thrust that the planes underperform compared to other planes with equal weight and thrust.

For some evidence, here's some tests between a F-2F and a F-73 from CAI, and I accelerated until their speeds stabilized and stopped increasing quickly. Both tests are done without physical drag. As you can see, the F-2 stabilizes at a greater speed. With physical drag however, it stabilizes at about 300m/s, while the F-73 does so at 330.

Edited by NotAnAimbot

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't posted here in a few months and I just want to get some things off my skin.

Even though I haven't submitted any craft in a while does not mean I don't want any participation anymore if anyone was curious, right now I am on holiday which means my main rig is unavailable and I won't have access to my main station until September. I did make some further attempts to improve the Ulamog gunship since then with practically little success, I attempted to add a third engine but it proved problematic since there is the whole issue of fuel consumption.

The updates did something weird to the fuel lines of the Avacyn carrier which I couldn't seem to fix since most of the parts are added by symmetry.

But I have not been completely idle in that time, I did manage to produce a whole new ship during the 1.1 prerelease. May I present...

The Gideon-class Destroyer

zbB7A52.png

The Gideon was created as an intermediate and multipurpose vessel that can travel long distances and destroying targets at close range, it can carry this off with the arsenal with the three Isochron missile against large and/or highly armoured ships and 8 small missiles to deal with carrier-borne fighters and support ships. The ship is also viable for ramming strategies as a fallback beasure as the crest on the front can serve as a powerful ramming blade

Download Link

Edited by Spearka

28 minutes ago, Jon144 said:

Ive been in suspense waiting for that next episode. It has been for months. 

Working on something else for the Kethane Station right now. Problem is that filming and getting KSP to behave for high-part count scenes is a gruelling and seemingly eternal task and episode 25 will be nothing but that. I also lost a lot of motivation after losing the audio for the first 15 minutes of the episode. Hopefully I'll pick up the pace after episode 25 when I can return to content I can produce more quickly and enjoyably. 

14 hours ago, HatBat said:

Working on something else for the Kethane Station right now. Problem is that filming and getting KSP to behave for high-part count scenes is a gruelling and seemingly eternal task and episode 25 will be nothing but that. I also lost a lot of motivation after losing the audio for the first 15 minutes of the episode. Hopefully I'll pick up the pace after episode 25 when I can return to content I can produce more quickly and enjoyably. 

have you thought about filming diffrent parts of the battle in diffrent saves just to help with the lag

16 hours ago, HatBat said:

Yeah but the new version of KSP is so much better for that. You get basically half as much lag as you would before based on the power of your machine. I really compliment squad's work there.

Here i'll do my part to try to relaunch (pardon the pun) this series.

Info for the series

The Kinchook utility and transport helicopter was originally manufactured under Jon144 Aerospace Inc. for HKA operations at the KSC. This was moving cargo, resources and personnel around the KSC and surrounding areas. They were soon re-purposed for military roles for mounting defenses against the GMI invasion. Due to their non-combat roles few were destroyed in the invasion and were soon seized and operated by the GMI. 

YveGg32.png

Edited by Jon144

5 hours ago, The_Mad_Emu said:

is it also possible to get a list of all the users crafts, who are included in the series 

I'm afraid I just can't do that. I won't know who's craft in particular until the episode is finished. Bear in mind some people are kind've blacklisted because they ignored rules for too long and there's no hope of me finding all their info and craft. 

3 hours ago, Jon144 said:

Here i'll do my part to try to relaunch (pardon the pun) this series.

Info for the series

The Kinchook utility and transport helicopter was originally manufactured under Jon144 Aerospace Inc. for HKA operations at the KSC. This was moving cargo, resources and personnel around the KSC and surrounding areas. They were soon re-purposed for military roles for mounting defenses against the GMI invasion. Due to their non-combat roles few were destroyed in the invasion and were soon seized and operated by the GMI. 

YveGg32.png

Nice info and craft. Great render too, who did that?

If we're going into non-combat aspects, I'll contribute something too.

The Aimbot Labs UR-1 (Unmanned Reconnaissance) is a small and nimble drone used for preemptive surveillance mission and attack coordination. Since the older RF-24 Strike Predator (See F-2 series) were too valuable of an asset for routine missions, Aimbot Labs went on to develop space and ground based reconnaissance vehicles. The space project was eventually scrapped, and so remained the UR-1 drone. It is equipped with a FLIR camera in the nose, coupled with a flare launcher for target illumination, in case the GPS and laser system fail. Launch is done by a jettisoned trolley, and two parachutes deploy to slow down the drone for recovery.

Binding

1) Fire flares

2) Toggle FLIR cam

ds2sXQZ.png

Included under the Misc tab of AL's Hub

Edited by NotAnAimbot

Also for the Kinchook make sure to keep it away from enemy air defenses. Being an unarmed slow transport helicopter it fares as well as you would imagine against AA weapons. Missiles and radar rounds will tear it up like swiss cheese. It can only hold off a few 50 cal rounds before taking fatal damage. Can carry plenty of small vehicles to the battlefield in it's large cargo hold up to about 30 tons worth. You might want to do some BD and armor upfits to it depending on how you use it. 

Edited by Jon144

On 7/27/2016 at 1:19 PM, Jon144 said:

Yeah but the new version of KSP is so much better for that. You get basically half as much lag as you would before based on the power of your machine. I really compliment squad's work there.

Half as much lag is sadly still quite a lot when dealing with high part count craft. And if you blow one up... prepare for stop motion. Fps is also affected when loading ships, and you can get an uncinematic stutter.

I don't know the seting of Ep.25 but I know loading lots of craft that are landed on a low gravity body can make them go boom :wink:

22 hours ago, JTpopcorn said:

Half as much lag is sadly still quite a lot when dealing with high part count craft. And if you blow one up... prepare for stop motion. Fps is also affected when loading ships, and you can get an uncinematic stutter.

I don't know the seting of Ep.25 but I know loading lots of craft that are landed on a low gravity body can make them go boom :wink:

Bugs caused by mods and the game itself are mostly what I'm dealing with after 1.1. Really bad ones unfortunately, the game really breaks down when you have so many parts. 

To clarify, episode 25 will be on Kerbin, not a low-gravity body. 

In other news that new video is almost done, just need to clean up the audio a bit and it's ready to go. Probably tomorrow or the day after. 

56 minutes ago, NotAnAimbot said:

Additionally, how many episodes do you plan using on the Kerbin campaign?

Just the one. It will be a pretty long one though, similar to episode 23. Perhaps in future I'll do a battle lasting multiple episodes, that could really make it feel like a tough fight.

Edited by HatBat

32 minutes ago, War Eagle 1 said:

THIS IS STILL A THING?

Yup! In the words of Gabe Newell, "These things, they take time." :P

Incidentally, your Arkbird being submitted and accepted is one of the things that piqued my interest in the series before I'd even heard of it way back when.

Edited by ScriptKitt3h

12 minutes ago, ScriptKitt3h said:

Yup! In the words of Gabe Newell, "These things, they take time." :P

Incidentally, your Arkbird being submitted and accepted is one of the things that piqued my interest in the series before I'd even heard of it way back when.

Ive been with a Facebook group that does Military RP. Its filled my interest sense then

New video is up. Complete run through of the lore and story through season one (#1-#20). Episode 25 will be next though will take some time. 

This video hopefully clears up the lore and progression of the Kethane Station throughout season one (episodes 1-20). It also sets up the entire premise of the Kethane Station so I'd recommend you watch this before any other episode. 

Huge thanks to Vaos Human for providing narration for this video. If you enjoy the military action and craft in my videos then I wholeheartedly recommend you check out his channel. It's full of that kind of stuff. https://goo.gl/uGzOhe

I felt this needed to be made as not many viewers know the full backstory considering the majority of season one videos have been taken down over the years as they don't really reflect what the show has become. Hope you understand that a lot of this footage is several years old and doesn't look that great. I'm of course still working on cinematics and the Kethane Station and hopefully will be for a long time. Episode 25 will be next, followed by a couple cinematics, maybe even a film. Please understand that I am one guy and I'm not willing to sacrifice the quality that I'm able achieve with these video, so in the words of Gabe Newell, "These things, they take time".

Edited by HatBat

Ok first submission in this thread so I hope it is up to scratch.

Company Name: Cryo Engineering Corporation

Flag:

157SHps.png

Faction: HKA

Cryo Engineering Corp is a longstanding aerospace company based in Baskay which has been producing military corvettes almost since their very inception. Though not the first to build them, they can boast the oldest direct line of warships still being produced, starting at the Co-1, and now just beginning production of the Co-113. Though historically politically neutral, the recent blockade of Kerbin has caused them to declare for HKA and offer capital ships to the cause.

Ship Name: Co-113A Corvette

Category: Capital Ship

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/loajtlboj2ne0q5/Co-113A Submission.craft?dl=0

The Co-113 is a new multipurpose capital ship from Cryo Engineering Corp. Designed to function as both a mothership and a warship, the Co-113 packs an incredible range and a large number of hard points which allow it to fill any job it is tasked with. When fully armed it makes a good ship of the line, and though not heavily armoured is still difficult for smaller weapons to damage. Its high TWR means it is best employed in hit and run attacks on other large capital ships, firing its weapons before burning to a safer orbit.

This configuration is equipped with 2 fore/aft cargo adaptors (each with 2 Flea SRB rockets and a LF droptank), and 2 Jr weapon mounts (each with 2 I beam rockets)

0Y1qbd3.png

Stats in current configuration:

Mass: 128.85 tons

dV: 4987m/s

TWR: 0.31

Parts: 318

Cost: 350,228 kerbits 

Album

http://imgur.com/a/Ez62A

Edited by Frozen_Heart

On 7/27/2016 at 4:49 PM, HatBat said:

some people are kind've blacklisted because they ignored rules for too long and there's no hope of me finding all their info and craft. 

Can you provide a List of Blacklisted Users? I am terribly worried that I may be on that list and as I am in the process of cleaning my entry list, i thought i would ask for specifics.

If not, can you provide a reason for this discretion? Thank you.

Edited by Greymangames

3 hours ago, HatBat said:

New video is up. Complete run through of the lore and story through season one (#1-#20). Episode 25 will be next though will take some time. 

Video's showing up as Private for me all of a sudden, you take it down for some alterations?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.