Kethane Station Discussion

Halban

11 minutes ago, Spartwo said:

Kinda small for a dreadnought. Also didn't know you made cinematics for them. Will be checking the others out. EDIT: I likes one of the vids so I just forgot:/

Sorry. I wasnt done with the post yet. For some reason when i hit enter it just posted. :/

10 minutes ago, Greymangames said:

Can you remind me of what that was again?

This.

DtH86Ar.png

To put it simply, it has a modest range, has 12 powerful monopropellant-powered torpedoes and can carry two Thalia-class orbital fighters (or anything Raptor-sized). The making was a bit shaky at first since the first design had a fundamental flaw but now it is proven to fight.

Soon after I revealed the first design you posted the teaser video of a dreadnought you were making which I interpreted as some sort of competitor

When I asked about it you said....

On 11/2/2015 at 11:43 AM, Greymangames said:

Not just the Avacyn........

When I'm through with this super dreadnought.......

No one is safe.....

Hence my curiosity about this dreadnought you have released

While you're at it, someone take the Avacyn for a spin, I think the 1.1 update may have borked the craft a bit and I'm not able to edit it at this time, Link

9 minutes ago, Spearka said:

This.

DtH86Ar.png

To put it simply, it has a modest range, has 12 powerful monopropellant-powered torpedoes and can carry two Thalia-class orbital fighters (or anything Raptor-sized). The making was a bit shaky at first since the first design had a fundamental flaw but now it is proven to fight.

Soon after I revealed the first design you posted the teaser video of a dreadnought you were making which I interpreted as some sort of competitor

When I asked about it you said....

Hence my curiosity about this dreadnought you have released

While you're at it, someone take the Avacyn for a spin, I think the 1.1 update may have borked the craft a bit and I'm not able to edit it at this time, Link

To be completely honest, I forgot about the Avacyn lol.

After a while,I had started to shift into a stealth phase, prioritizing detect-ability higher than normal.

Guess time does wash everything away....

P.S. What's the part count on it?

Edited by Greymangames

On 8/4/2016 at 0:09 PM, Mycroft said:

Hehehehe! That last part strikes me as hilarious. I don't know why, but I love it. Anyway, yes you do have a point. But, keep in mind that lasers are extremely ineffective against structural panels, in fact I built a stock crew transport specifically designed to withstand any BDArmory weapons. It actually works extremely well. Still you have a very good point, which is why I have to use ships other than my dreadnaught. I did have an idea though that perhaps it could be like this series' Death Star, with an awesome explosion at the end. But even then the problem would be lag. Thank you for pointing that out.

And yes, I do plan to submit it. The crew transport. Not the dreadnaught.

Death star? Why not doomsday machine?

http://imgur.com/a/X3aqF

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. Feel free to Ridicule me for my insolence.

Also, this post is not part of anything I'm doing. As i'm typing this right now i honestly feel like i shouldn't be. However, I need to build up my confidence, and get used to these scenarios. So whatever.

So how far along is the current episode (the one being worked on)? The reason why I asked is because I can either make my submission now, with fewer ships, or I can wait to submit it till after the next episode comes out, and do it with more and better ships. Anyone have any suggestions?

Edited by Mycroft

9 hours ago, Greymangames said:

To be completely honest, I forgot about the Avacyn lol.

After a while,I had started to shift into a stealth phase, prioritizing detect-ability higher than normal.

Guess time does wash everything away....

P.S. What's the part count on it?

677 parts including the complex missiles, yes I know it's above the quota but not by that much

4 hours ago, Mycroft said:

So how far along is the current episode (the one being worked on)? The reason why I asked is because I can either make my submission now, with fewer ships, or I can wait to submit it till after the next episode comes out, and do it with more and better ships. Anyone have any suggestions?

I've been working on episode 25 quite a bit, however the game is always finding new ways to slow me down. Look at this. That is stock KSP and it's either that or no terrain scatter. I hope 1.2 is soon and able to fix this. The one episode set entirely on Kerbin and this happens. 

As to your submission, it really depends what you're submitting. If it's just spacecraft then it's probably best to wait. 

5 hours ago, Mycroft said:

So how far along is the current episode (the one being worked on)?

We've been waiting for it for quite a while now. Episode 24, the last one, was released 9 months ago, and some people are still sending in some last minute atmospheric submissions. Episode 25 is going to be atmospheric and Kerbin centered, so you should probably keep your spacecraft for the next episode.

3 hours ago, HatBat said:

I've been working on episode 25 quite a bit, however the game is always finding new ways to slow me down. Look at this. That is stock KSP and it's either that or no terrain scatter. I hope 1.2 is soon and able to fix this. The one episode set entirely on Kerbin and this happens.

Ouch. Shader/geometry bugs are no fun.

4 hours ago, HatBat said:

As to your submission, it really depends what you're submitting. If it's just spacecraft then it's probably best to wait. 

Looks bad, I wish I could provide advice on the matter but unfortunately I don't think I can, but I wish you the best of luck on fixing the matter

Edited by Spearka

5 hours ago, HatBat said:

My planned submission will include a ton of ground based, atmospheric, and space dreadnaughts. So I think I'll wait. Thank you very much for the hard work you are putting into the series! 

Keep up the awesome work!

If your problem is that the terrain scatter is too heavy, perhaps you could only have it on during some scenes? Oh, you should know that there are actually trees at Kerbin's North Pole. :0.0::huh:

You could. I would recommend that you do, but read the whole OP first, and I'm sure @HatBat will be happy to look it over, since the next episode is (apparently) primarily on Kerbin and in the atmosphere. I'm not sure if he has any helicopters. I think it's an excellent idea to submit them.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.