Kethane Station Discussion

Halban

Well, the RIE Corp engineering teams have finally completed the two commisioned corvettes, the RIE Siren-Class Minelayer Corvette, it's capable of deploying six RIE Mk 82 EDNM (Exoatmospheric Directional Naval Mines), and is protected generally by fighters. Then we have the RIE Kerbashev Type II Exploration and Relay Corvette, as well as the Type I. The Kerbashevs are two different ways of doing the same thing. Both are nearly identical, though the Type II is recommended. Due to the tedious and boring nature of relaying interplanetary communications, we thought it best to give it to either a): Those two unlucky sods over ther, or B): A totally stable AI named HAL we found floating in space. Both can deploy twin relay boosters to give a relay station to the corvettes. Have some logistical fun boys.

Edited by Red, the Engineer

Well, the RIE Corp engineering teams have finally completed the two commisioned corvettes, the RIE Siren-Class Minelayer Corvette, it's capable of deploying six RIE Mk 82 EDNM (Exoatmospheric Directional Naval Mines), and is protected generally by fighters. Then we have the RIE Kerbashev Type II Exploration and Relay Corvette, as well as the Type I. The Kerbashevs are two different ways of doing the same thing. Both are nearly identical, though the Type II is recommended. Due to the tedious and boring nature of relaying interplanetary communications, we thought it best to give it to either a): Those two unlucky sods over ther, or B): A totally stable AI named HAL we found floating in space. Both can deploy twin relay boosters to give a relay station to the corvettes. Have some logistical fun boys.

Looks cool, six RIE Mk82 EDNM's ? mines are useless in a 3 dimensional area of operation even moving homing mines. But I like the logistics idea, it opens up a new train of thought. Credit to you.

Looks cool, six RIE Mk82 EDNM's ? mines are useless in a 3 dimensional area of operation even moving homing mines. But I like the logistics idea, it opens up a new train of thought. Credit to you.

Ah, but my idea is is that when you get close to the mines, the mine shifts position to target your craft and deploys twin mk82 bombs. I may update them to fire the new space missiles in BDArmory. Like a sentry turret.

Its official

The Dorchester Class is now finished.

Front view

RMaz6XH.png

Angled View

9mJs0hE.png

Side View

ArO2tX2.png

Hanger Bay

MQHDaQM.png

For the most part my craft are fixed and ready to go for .25 but Im going to run some more test, show off a few new things and make my craft as user friendly before I repost everything

Alright, can anyone tell me how to post pictures?

Set up an Imgur.com account

then after uploading the pictures copy the picture, then click on the picture icon on the tool bar just about where you type your comment on the KSP forums, paste the pic and you should be good.

Another Craft I have been working one lately is a stealth bomber.

J8vRhtB.png

I have found the most affective weapon for it is 8 cluster bombs from BD armory

NP4FANL.png

Bombing Run Pics

vP41f5G.png

4yu4ovq.png

A2Ow5d5.png

vM3FbTY.png

01yOIc3.png

I still haven't thought of a name for it so I ll let y'all help me out

Rules are it has to be biblical, spiritual, or inspiring (think Merica for inspiring)

Edited by War Eagle 1

'Right, I still have some touch ups to do (RCS Blocks, extra batteries, rockets that fire without destroying my own craft) but here's the RIE Kerbashev Type III ICI (Indirect Combat Intervention) Corvette. As usual, the ICI series of the Kerbashev will have a manned and unmanned version.y6SKAvm.png

Edited by Red, the Engineer

Just wondering if a "Dreadnaught Class" could be added for Capital ships (With use of BD armory) and if we can use B-9 V5

Capital ship describes any large military space-going ship, including dreadnaughts (I'm afraid you can't use BD Armoury with them). B9 is not allowed - please check the guidelines in future.

Most of them will, when parts are removed in .26 we could start having problems.

Which parts? I only see the wings being swapped for the new SP+ ones, and those aren't out of place on my warships (thank goodness).

The only parts that I've heard might be getting swapped in 0.26 is the MK3 ones, and those aren't used in any of my stuff.

The single seater

Multirole or Attacker?

The single-seater is sort of multi-role in that it does have plenty of room for warheads on the wings, as well as the small bomb bay in the center fuselage. The fighter is STOL due to great balancing, and it does have a cool ejection system as well.

However, I'm still not sure if I want to convert that VTOL into a fighter...

The single-seater is sort of multi-role in that it does have plenty of room for warheads on the wings, as well as the small bomb bay in the center fuselage. The fighter is STOL due to great balancing, and it does have a cool ejection system as well.

However, I'm still not sure if I want to convert that VTOL into a fighter...

Id make it a fighter/bomber like the Su-34

The Su-34 is a two seater, in fact there are very little single seat fighter bombers. (cant think of any off the top of my head).

J-10, F/A-18E, Rafale, F-2, JAS-39, AV-8B, F-35 (How could you forget this one?).

Edited by War Eagle 1

1. J-10: that is not classified as a fighter-bomber, it is a multirole fighter design much like the F-16.

2.F/A-18: twin-engined carrier aircraft, again multirole supersonic aircraft, not a fighter-bomber.

3. AV-8B: single-engined VTOL operated from small to mini aircraft carriers or helicarriers, again multirole without focus on ground attack

4. F-35: single-engined multirole 5th generation supersonic overpriced trash(no wonder I forgot it).

Fighter-bombers have the following characteristics: twin-engines for added weight carrying capability, a pilot and WSO(weapons station operator), inbuilt terrain following radar function, inbuilt laser designating unit with electro-optical devices, also has added provisions for jammers and EW suites, such as the wing-tip pylons on the Su-34 being able to carry massive SAP-518, and SAP-14 jammers.

Edit:

1. Rafale: multirole supersonic single seat fighter, again not meant specifically for air to ground.

2. F-2 : multirole fighter, not meant for ground attack.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.