That Moment When...

mythic_fci

That moment when you decide to watch flying your spaceplane through Kerbins clouds from the cockpit and click on EVA instead of IVA

noooooo.......come back!!!!

Yep. So terribly many Kerbals have plummeted to their deaths under my control due to the proximity of those two buttons...

Ahh, yes. That moment when you open the "Open Craft" window to check how many parts are on such-and-such ship, click "cancel", and apparently also click through the window on a random part of the ship that was almost impossible to get lined up the first time, ruining the whole thing.

Theres CTRL-Z in the VAB/SPH right? ;)

It sometimes even works properly!

Yeah.. :D

(It works, but it re-arranges the parts on your craft, not physically, but the "build order", so it ruins some stuff, like air intakes, and some fuel trickery.. And any struts that were clipping something are "wrong" after ctrl-z.)

That moment when you're taking a commercial flight and during the captain's preflight announcement he casually mentions his name is Jebediah.

That's somewhere between "Oh .... let me off this plane now!" and, "This is gonna be awesome!"

That moment when you're taking a commercial flight and during the captain's preflight announcement he casually mentions his name is Jebediah.

Hey, that's a great way to identify fellow KSP players: quickly look around the plane at your fellow passengers as this is mentioned. Anyone who suddenly looks shocked and/or afraid is very likely also a KSP-er :P

Hey, that's a great way to identify fellow KSP players: quickly look around the plane at your fellow passengers as this is mentioned. Anyone who suddenly looks shocked and/or afraid is very likely also a KSP-er :P

And anyone who is smiling like a lunatic is definitely a KSP-er.

When your Mun lander is going to impact the ground at 100m/s so you stage and ditch all your excess gear and clear the ground by a few meters only to realize you didn't connect the fuel lines properly and are now only on a suborbital arc with an empty tank and need to switch to the command module to make an emergency intercept to collect Jeb before his second brush with death and then after you get back into orbit and make the transfer to Kerbin with the last of your fuel you see you forgot parachutes... again, so you launch a parachute pod that makes it in time to dock with the command module... during re-entry, just in time to deploy them and save the trio. :confused:

When you forget to put landing gear on a space shuttle. And then you forget the payload. Then the lifter decides to fail. Then you realize that this shuttle is not a good one. Then you install KSO and still manage to forget the landing gear. hashtag... genrarityisbadatshuttles?

When you get your biggest ever ship into a suborbital trajectory in one piece fully fuelled, in the biggest lag fest of a launch you've ever endured, and then you realise it's got too few reaction wheels and is thus almost uncontrollable and you can't line it up for circularisation.

(I made it in the end by throttling the engines up so their gimballing could turn the ship. It still handles like the Titanic in molasses even after the launcher was dropped.)

That moment when you prepare for running the test that will net you several gazillion moneys plus enough science to science all the scientists in the scientific world . . .

. . . And realise that you left the part you're testing back on Kerbin.

GOSH DARN IT TO HECK. FUDGE!

That moment when you prepare for running the test that will net you several gazillion moneys plus enough science to science all the scientists in the scientific world . . .

. . . And realise that you left the part you're testing back on Kerbin.

GOSH DARN IT TO HECK. FUDGE!

I am so able to relate to that...

And by the way... [bStotchMode]Oh Hamburgers! I forgot my dang engines again![/bStotchMode]

(I'm a South Park fan. DEAL WITH IT.)

I'm not censoring what I said, by the way. I'm a teacher AND a parent, so I have very finely tuned automatic bowdlerisation routines built into my speech processing unit. :)

"Gosh darn it to heck" is what I really say, much to the amusement of the kids at school . . .

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.