[1.4.1] Kerbal Construction Time 1.4.0.69 (2018-03-24) - Unrapid Planned Assembly

magico13

I'd rather not to. But if I must, what can I do? :wink:

If your KSP is in Steam, you can do what I am doing: In the Steam Library, go to the Kerbal Space Program properties, select the BETAS tab. In the "Select the beta you would like to opt into:" dropdown, choose "previous - Previous Stable Release" and keep rolling with 0.25 until KCT updates.

You can also copy the contents to a different folder and create a shortcut to the exe. That way you can have both .25 and .90 installed at the same time. :)

I've started doing this with each update. Unfortunately I didn't think to save my copies of 0.20, 0.21, or 0.22, so I only have 0.23 and on.

I've started doing this with each update. Unfortunately I didn't think to save my copies of 0.20, 0.21, or 0.22, so I only have 0.23 and on.

Stop living in the past guys.

Personally, I have already created folders for 0.91, 0.92, 0.93, ...

:D

If your KSP is in Steam, you can do what I am doing: In the Steam Library, go to the Kerbal Space Program properties, select the BETAS tab. In the "Select the beta you would like to opt into:" dropdown, choose "previous - Previous Stable Release" and keep rolling with 0.25 until KCT updates.

i agree.

as painfull as it is to not have the new functions, KSP without KCT is like playing an arcade game. that's kinda hard hard to swallow so 0.25 is still going strong for me.

For those of you who are feeling somewhat adventurous and don't want to wait any longer for an update, I'm releasing a "Release Candidate" version of the next update. I think it's working properly, but the primary tester JeffreyCor is having some issues that I can't replicate. This version will certainly have bugs, but I don't expect anything game breaking.

So, feel free to test it out and let me know how it goes. I will be away from my computer for a few hours but will try to address anything that's reported as soon as I can. While the changelog may not appear very exciting, there was a lot of work done behind the scenes.

The major changes are for RSS support, and I'll probably have more info about that after the full release once I talk to the RSS guys a bit more. Additionally, vessel rollout times are added along with maximums for the reconditioning times. I tried to implement recovery straight to the inventory, but ran into issues (and then 0.90 broke what I had) and so that isn't in this release at all.

It is HIGHLY recommended that you delete your old KerbalConstructionTime folder if you have one. At the very least, you MUST delete the Kerbal_Construction_Time.dll file! Configs should still be mostly compatible.

This link should always point to the latest release client or full release: http://magico13.net:8080/job/Kerbal%20Construction%20Time/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/KerbalConstructionTime.zip

Changelog:

v1.1.0.0 (12/22/14)

- Update for KSP 0.90

- Build List got a redesign

- Added vessel rollout

- Added support for RSS

- Added basic support for Procedural Parts

- Small change to file structure (added plugins folder, renamed .dll to remove underscores)

- Fixed several bugs

- Check the GitHub commit log for more. This took a long time.

Edited by magico13

Did a real quick check of the RC and don't see anything that broke. Just thought I'd make sure since that happened once before :)

Note to everyone that uses RSS and/or procedural parts. Please leave a note if either you have no problems with the RC or, if you do encounter problems, what the problem is and your output_log.txt file. Most of the work since .90 release was to fix what .90 broke and we had been having issues with those aspects prior to the update so there has been minimal testing with these so your feedback on this is very greatly appreciated. :)

Edited by JeffreyCor

Well, well. Very nice. I like what you've done with the SPH and VAB tabs especially, it looks quite a bit nicer and much cleaner than it did before. With the new additions on 0.90, and I looked through your git so I know you've considered this, you might be able to find more interesting ways to tie KCT in. I'm sure you've already questioned whether building upgrades can take time, but even tying in your own upgrades into the stock ones could be possible. Personally I'm still in the camp that you should really shy away from the flat upgrades of your current system. Nothing appeared immediately broken, so I can't report on any bugs or anything for you except if you revert a craft on the pad back to the hangar it will return to rollout in the list.

Personally I'm still in the camp that you should really shy away from the flat upgrades of your current system.

That's the main focus of 1.2 actually. I'm moving entirely away from using upgrade points and relying on the tech tree, instead (likely) developing a new upgrade "web" system. The way I've got planned still could be considered "flat", but much less so I think. Firstly, I plan on tying into the stock upgrades somewhat by having them as requirements for certain upgrades (ie, can't unlock a second build rate without a tier 2 VAB). I haven't fully decided if some upgrades will be unlocked automatically with stock upgrades (ie, build rates are solely a function of editor levels), or if they'll need to be purchased separately. Secondly, I'm going to try to provide more options for upgrades, so that if someone wants to always use new parts and doesn't care to reuse old ones then they can do that, but if someone else tries to recover every single part then they'll be able to do that. Both ways will be considered valid, and there will be upgrades to make that playstyle better.

I haven't finalized any of my plans for upgrades though. I like the freedom of a custom upgrade system (face it, the stock upgrade system is very limited and upgrades are few and far between. I can tie into it 100%, but that reduces the freedom of playstyle and alienates Science and Sandbox game modes), but that's also a lot of work and may end up being as bad as the current one. But it sounds like fun for me to do, and hopefully would be fun to play with :D

Also, the editor GUI (and corresponding GUIs) is/are the next to get a facelift. It's far bigger than it needs to be and I don't think anyone actually cares about the total BP value.

Edit: made a github issue for the rollout status being lost. I thought I had seen that before but forgot about it when trying to sort out other issues.

Edited by magico13

My tech tree doesn't show nodes past the one I just selected - this is a change from before. Is this configurable?

What I mean is, when I pay to research Basic Rocketry, the other techs beyond it flash on screen for a second then disappear.

Note, I am using TechManager and Community Tech Tree.

Thanks for the fast response JeffreyCor. Time to think about restarting w/o CTT.

I just found out the same issue, and immediately guessed it was Tech Manager, but thanks for the verification JeffreyCor. In my opinion it's not worth restarting over for. You just don't get to chain research. Not an issue for most of the time, and not a real issue even if you did have enough RP to spend on multiple subsequent techs in a chain.

FYI: for me the subsequent tech nodes flash visible for a couple frames when I begin research on something, then disappear. No log entries are triggered whatsoever.

Edited by Paranox

In testing it did work without issue with the stock integration of the Fine Print missions. Did a sat launch placement without a hitch a couple builds back. Was not tested with MCE, out of the million mods I have crammed in that wasn't one of them ;)

Uploaded a new Release Candidate with improved rollout/rollback mechanics and potentially fixed issues with TechManager tech trees. Here's the link again:

http://magico13.net:8080/job/Kerbal%20Construction%20Time/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/KerbalConstructionTime.zip

I haven't gotten a chance to test everything thoroughly, so let me know if you find any issues!

Just when getting a chance to test the dev build you sneak in with a new RC :P Looks like I'll do the testing with this one instead ;)

EDIT: It does indeed appear you have squashed the TechManager issue! Whoo hoo! :)

Edited by JeffreyCor