[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

Get the firespitter.dll from the firespitter dowload not the one packed with B9(I think you can get just the dll from the github repository). I think I had that problem at some point when reinstalling without firespitter's part and it fixed it

I don't know if it will help.... but there is a version difference between the two files ( well according to window B9 is v7.05398.27328 and FS is v7.0.5356.35478 )

Get the firespitter.dll from the firespitter dowload not the one packed with B9(I think you can get just the dll from the github repository). I think I had that problem at some point when reinstalling without firespitter's part and it fixed it

I don't know if it will help.... but there is a version difference between the two files ( well according to window B9 is v7.05398.27328 and FS is v7.0.5356.35478 )

YES thank you so much stan... it worked! I love you no homo.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a designed element but whenever I'm flying a plane with the turbojet engine it's speed maxes out at ~1080 m/s (just under mach 3.5). In the stock game I can easily get the plane up to 1600+ m/s. Is this a known issue?

so i started to create large mostrosities as you do in ksp, however after a while i encountered the placing of 'ghost parts' with the b9 hx series. This used to be a non issue as after a while of effort i could get past it, however, nothing i do so far, no amount of shaking and replacing can fix this. I cannot place more things onto them, but i cannot continue to construct from that point as well. Please note that all other parts function perfectly.

http://imgur.com/7v1K6VR

The exact part in subject is the HX1-S-H3 Structural Hub, and yes i have a lot of them all over the ship.

help?

They will only attach in certain orientations. Rotate them until they attach properly.

Any tutorial on how to build a basic plane? I just added this mod and i'm in the middle of my career (didn't find stock parts enough to build a decent plane) and now i'm overwhelmed by parts. I wanted to make a basic atmospheric plane with the Mk2 cockpit

EDIT: how is it possible that i find only videos featuring the VTOL engine?!

Edited by Fieel

It's known, but it's not an issue. The thrust curve was deliberately nerfed to be slightly more realistic.

Thanks. I knew they adjusted the jet engines but I had no idea what their new limitations were. :)

Any tutorial on how to build a basic plane? I just added this mod and i'm in the middle of my career (didn't find stock parts enough to build a decent plane) and now i'm overwhelmed by parts. I wanted to make a basic atmospheric plane with the Mk2 cockpit

EDIT: how is it possible that i find only videos featuring the VTOL engine?!

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/52080-Basic-Aircraft-Design-Explained-Simply-With-Pictures

And you have to install ferram aerospace research as well to make b9 spaceplane behave properly

They will only attach in certain orientations. Rotate them until they attach properly.

http://imgur.com/bHKkSle

Sadly no, that is not the problem, same orientation, same placement, no result. Even if you spin it 180 degrees and chuck it on 'the other way' then it still places as a 'ghost part'. Know any other things i could try?

Did you try attaching it with the other node ?

Also try to enable part clipping momentaneously.

Maybe you an come around it with subassemblies until you figure it out

Yes all nodes were teste4d, both side nodes do not work, however the top one does. I always use part clipping in building these sorts of things :P Otherwise more intricate designs could not be done :P I did have a look into the part file itself, following the part pattern, i could manually attach parts via editing the craft file, just adding the correct values to the position, and linking nodes. Sub-assemblies are a good idea, however there is the problem that i kinda need to attach them via the side, which i have been able to do before, but alas no longer. The whole size ratios between the structural hubs and the structural modules are wierd -.-

i don't know if it is exactly related to the issue, but i was able to place down 63 of the structural hubs before they stopped attaching via the sides.

Regarding the post linked earlier, yes that is probably the problem, which means no direct fix, damn.

Hey I just thought of something you could check.

Maybe you're over the sizes the vab can handle. I know there's a hangar extension somewhere and I'm wondering if it's the kind of issue it's fixing. I'm not building anything that big ever so I don't have any idea if this could be an issue.

I had trouble with the last version of tweakscale though and therefore im using 1.44

Otherwise, you guys should probably post the logs if you want help from more modwise people (since you both have the same problem comparing your two log would probably highlight the problem)

Edited by Saint-Stanislas

Hey I just thought of something you could check.

Maybe you're over the sizes the vab can handle. I know there's a hangar extension somewhere and I'm wondering if it's the kind of issue it's fixing. I'm not building anything that big ever so I don't have any idea if this could be an issue.

I had trouble with the last version of tweakscale though and therefore im using 1.44

Otherwise, you should probably post the log if you want help from more modwise people.

you mean this hangar extension? http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/65747-0-24-2-Hangar-Extender-v2-0

Sadly no this does not fix the issue. I can still place other parts on the end of my crafts, however just not this part in particular, when i place it it just stays transparent as if it were a temporary part.

This is the best i could find as a 'log' of sorts. This problem does not make a crash log as the game does not really 'crash'

http://imgur.com/kGQ74VI

this one damn part is the only thing stopping my craft being vtol capable -.-

Edited by seekjet_

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/52080-Basic-Aircraft-Design-Explained-Simply-With-Pictures

And you have to install ferram aerospace research as well to make b9 spaceplane behave properly

I used far and thank you for the link.

Anyone, by the ways, knows a youtube tutorial/series featuring how to use RES (all those simulate windows and so on!) or better, how to build a basic B9 plane?

I used far and thank you for the link.

Anyone, by the ways, knows a youtube tutorial/series featuring how to use RES (all those simulate windows and so on!) or better, how to build a basic B9 plane?

B9 planes are simple in FAR.

Same principles for regular planes using stock parts. Except for some parts are heavier and a bit more expensive. The same rules of placing your CoL just behind your CoM and your CoT inline with the CoM still holds true with the B9 parts.

B9 planes are simple in FAR.

Same principles for regular planes using stock parts. Except for some parts are heavier and a bit more expensive. The same rules of placing your CoL just behind your CoM and your CoT inline with the CoM still holds true with the B9 parts.

I think the design process is slightly different. In stock aero more or less anything with enough thrust and wing will fly, whereas in FAR you actually have to worry about things like dynamic stability. But it's often not too hard - real world designs often make a very good starting point for FAR designs. And you need less thrust because stock aero has a huge about of drag.

I think the design process is slightly different. In stock aero more or less anything with enough thrust and wing will fly, whereas in FAR you actually have to worry about things like dynamic stability. But it's often not too hard - real world designs often make a very good starting point for FAR designs. And you need less thrust because stock aero has a huge about of drag.

The same is true in FAR, if you put enough thrust behind something it will fly. Or I think the statement is, "If you get anything going fast enough it will fly."-Ferram4.

The same is true in FAR, if you put enough thrust behind something it will fly. Or I think the statement is, "If you get anything going fast enough it will fly."-Ferram4.

Well yes but you don't need huge amounts of thrust, and you're not guaranteed that it will stay in the air.

So I did a quick search but didn't see anything jump out at me, but has this been addressed and I just missed it?

f741aa4acf.jpg

Looks like the MK2 cockpit doesn't line up with the MK2 parts. Tested all of them I have unlocked so far, and they all line up with eachother, just not the cockpit. Looks like the nodes on the cockpit are off a bit. Any ideas?

EDIT: Just realized my mistake. The MK2 Cockpit isn't the same design as the MK2 stock equipment. :(

Edited by Dreadp1r4te