[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

51 minutes ago, UnCroissant said:

Well, I just did it myself pretty much...

My private pack contains the infodrive, the ladders and rails, the lights (oh god, the lights <3 ), the shielded docking port and of course the HX parts.

The only thing I'm aware of that the HX parts depend on in the core pack are a couple of effects and sounds for the HPD (HX engine).

SO, after a long absence from B9, i thought I'd give it another try--unfortunately, my game crashes on loading the F119 engines. Installing FAR as well led to the same thing. Does this sound familiar to anyone? I don't imagine I have any mods that might cause the same, maybe something to do with the fuel switch system? 

EDIT: Ah, none of the engines work. Weird. Not sure what might have caused it, back to the drawing board. 

Edited by Synthesis

35 minutes ago, Synthesis said:

SO, after a long absence from B9, i thought I'd give it another try--unfortunately, my game crashes on loading the F119 engines. Installing FAR as well led to the same thing. Does this sound familiar to anyone? I don't imagine I have any mods that might cause the same, maybe something to do with the fuel switch system? 

EDIT: Ah, none of the engines work. Weird. Not sure what might have caused it, back to the drawing board. 

We can try to troubleshoot.  First step would be to make sure all the dependencies are installed correctly.  Second step would be to provide logs, instructions are in the first link in my signature.

Edited by blowfish

41 minutes ago, blowfish said:

We can try to troubleshoot.  First step would be to make sure all the dependencies are installed correctly.  Second step would be to provide logs, instructions are in the first link in my signature.

Ah, thanks, I do appreciate it--as I understand, all the dependencies are included with the mod (and I've installed them in their separate folders, as the norm). 

What I'm getting is the loading hanging bug, with after the small pylon engines (when it loads the F119). The part of log that would be of interest I think is this:

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'B9_Aerospace/Parts/Engine_Jet_Turbofan_F119/Engine_Jet_Turbofan_F119/B9_Engine_Jet_Turbofan_F119'

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

PartLoader Warning: Variable temperatureRatio not found in Part

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

ArgumentException: The requested value 'STAGE_STACK_FLOW_BALANCE' was not found.
  at System.Enum.Parse (System.Type enumType, System.String value, Boolean ignoreCase) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Enum.Parse (System.Type enumType, System.String value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Propellant.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ModuleEngines.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at PartModule.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Part.AddModule (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at PartLoader+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Failed to find primary and secondary engine, check engine IDs and module definitions

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at PartLoader.GetDatabaseConfig (.Part p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at PartLoader.GetDatabaseConfig (.Part p, System.String nodeName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at DragCubeSystem.LoadDragCubes (.Part p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Part+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Here's the link for the whole thing if you need it, thank! 
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0pmncr525c63y7t/output_log.txt?dl=0

Edited by Synthesis

2 minutes ago, Synthesis said:

Ah, thanks, I do appreciate it--as I understand, all the dependencies are included with the mod (and I've installed them in their separate folders, as the norm). 

What I'm getting is the loading hanging bug, with after the small pylon engines (when it loads the F119). The part of log that would be of interest I think is this:

What version of KSP are you on?  That shouldn't be happening in 1.0.5.

Also, in the future, it's probably easier to just put the entire log on dropbox or something.  It's usually easier to find the problem if I can see everything that KSP is doing, not just the exception.

4 minutes ago, blowfish said:

What version of KSP are you on?  That shouldn't be happening in 1.0.5.

Also, in the future, it's probably easier to just put the entire log on dropbox or something.  It's usually easier to find the problem if I can see everything that KSP is doing, not just the exception.

It's 1.0.5. I had a dropbox link at the bottom, let me know if that isn't working, since I don't use dropbox for much myself. 

I suspect it's a mod from something else breaking it--thanks for your patience, but I'll understand if it's beyond your area of support. 

4 minutes ago, Synthesis said:

It's 1.0.5. I had a dropbox link at the bottom, let me know if that isn't working, since I don't use dropbox for much myself. 

I suspect it's a mod from something else breaking it--thanks for your patience, but I'll understand if it's beyond your area of support. 

Found this in your log:

[KSP Version]: 1.0.4.861 (WindowsPlayer) ====================================

So you are using KSP 1.0.4.  If that's not the version you thought you were on, you might want to reinstall KSP to make sure everything is in order.  Probably explains all the other issues you were having too.

7 hours ago, blowfish said:

Found this in your log:

[KSP Version]: 1.0.4.861 (WindowsPlayer) ====================================

So you are using KSP 1.0.4.  If that's not the version you thought you were on, you might want to reinstall KSP to make sure everything is in order.  Probably explains all the other issues you were having too.

Damn, that's super weird! I honestly thought I'd updated, I must've botched the process up a while back!

Thanks for pointing out the obvious. I'm more than a little embarrassed...

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but how do I use the non-raised variants of the Mk2 parts?

I have been avoiding the B9 pack since I started playing KSP because I had a lot of other mods installed and feared this one would over-tax the system. However, over the weekend I figured out a way to get Linux running on my gaming rig without altering the Windows side any, so now I have 64 bit and felt safe loading B9. A little overwhelming trying to dig through all the additions. I very much like the look of the Mk2 parts, but when I place them, they are all misaligned with the stock and other Mk2 mod parts. At first, I thought the parts in question were from another Mk2 pack and that it was a bug, but then I found they were part of B9 and found the "Raised" and "Normal" cfg files in the part folder. Now I'm thinking this has something to do with the part description saying there are 4 sub-types (which I originally thought referred to the different fuel tank setups). The problem is I am finding no way to change the "sub-type" of the part. Figured there was a button on one of the toolbars to access a new menu, but I'm not finding such a button anywhere.

EDIT: I thought I had seen a B9 button and finally found it in the KSC view toolbar, but it doesn't seem to do anything when I click it.

If the answer is somewhere in this thread, please forgive me. I can't find a way to search within the thread in this forum software, and I am not going to sift through 130 pages of posts for this. I'll sooner just remove B9 or not use the mk2 parts as I am content with the other spaceplane parts packs that I have now.

Edited by kananesgi
more info

@kananesgi B9's Mk2 parts still use the old cross section.  bac9 created a bunch of new ones using the new cross section which I'm working on integrating now, but it's quite a lot of work.  The "subtypes" usually do refer to tank setups.

Edited by blowfish

Ah, ok, so the current B9 mk2 parts are usable only with themselves. What are the "raised" and "normal" config files for then?

EDIT: those cfg files are for the bi-coupler. I didn't look in other parts to see if they were there too, which they are not.

Edited by kananesgi

12 minutes ago, kananesgi said:

Ah, ok, so the current B9 mk2 parts are usable only with themselves. What are the "raised" and "normal" config files for then?

EDIT: those cfg files are for the bi-coupler. I didn't look in other parts to see if they were there too, which they are not.

For some the adapters and tail-pieces, there is a variant where one end is centered, and another where it is raised.

Edited by blowfish

On 1/18/2016 at 11:06 PM, blowfish said:

For some the adapters and tail-pieces, there is a variant where one end is centered, and another where it is raised.

Speaking of adapters, are there any plans for the S2 plane parts?

The octagonal shape looks really cool, but it's hard to use with other parts because of that shape. Don't get me wrong, the S2->2.5m adapter looks fine on space stations, but it's awkward on spaceplanes(increase in cros-section right before the engine)
I have always wondered about a S2->1.25m adapter.

Edited by Blaarkies

2 minutes ago, Blaarkies said:

Speaking of adapters, are there any plans for the S2 plane parts?

The octagonal shape looks really cool, but it's hard to use with other parts because of parts. Don't get me wrong, the S2->2.5m adapter looks fine on space stations, but it's awkward on spaceplanes(increase in cros-section right before the engine)
I have always wondered about a S2->1.25m adapter.

Not really my department, sorry.  bac9 makes all the parts, I just work on integrating and maintaining (and some code).

Hello! Thanks again for updating this mod! I am having a problem though in that the MK2 crew cabins don't seem to register having people in them in respect to contracts. Tourists etc. will be in the cab will complete thier flight but the contract wont complete... Works fine with the stock cabins... Will do some more testing when i get home but was wondering if this is a known bug?

Hello, im posting here because i recently reinstalled kerbal and added a lot of the mods i used to have before, however right now b9 , at least the only one im aware of is missing a lot of parts,  dunno if maybe they are no longer on the mod anymore or is it just me .  Im missing the whole set of landing gears from b9, all the wings and control surfaces. I dont remember how to check if maybe module manager is hiding the parts or anything .  Can someone help me here with this issue? 

26 minutes ago, Mytrenet said:

Hello, im posting here because i recently reinstalled kerbal and added a lot of the mods i used to have before, however right now b9 , at least the only one im aware of is missing a lot of parts,  dunno if maybe they are no longer on the mod anymore or is it just me .  Im missing the whole set of landing gears from b9, all the wings and control surfaces. I dont remember how to check if maybe module manager is hiding the parts or anything .  Can someone help me here with this issue? 

They've been moved to the legacy pack.  You can download it on Bitbucket or Kerbalstuff (it's also available on CKAN).

E: Reason for moving them is that there are better alternatives around now.  For wings, there's B9 Procedural Wings, and for landing gear, there's Adjustable Landing Gear.  If you really want the old ones, they're available, but I recommend checking out the more flexible, better looking new stuff first :D

Edited by blowfish

So I'm looking for some help here. I downloaded B9 and started playing. I noticed that it's missing many pieces:huh:. I know that the wing pieces aren't in the mod anymore, but when you only have 71 (or so) parts, something is clearly wrong here. On top of that IVA view doesn't work for any of the cockpits, and my crew won't appear in the lower left-hand corner of the screen. I've checked and checked but no one else seems to have this specific problem. If you know what my problem is, please help, and thanks ahead of time.

Edited by Captain Cowboy Rabalais

18 minutes ago, Captain Cowboy Rabalais said:

So I'm looking for some help here. I downloaded B9 and started playing. I noticed that it's missing many pieces:huh:. I know that the wing pieces aren't in the mod anymore, but when you only have 71 (or so) parts, something is clearly wrong here. On top of that IVA view doesn't work for any of the cockpits, and my crew won't appear in the lower left-hand corner of the screen. I've checked and checked but no one else seems to have this specific problem. If you know what my problem is, please help, and thanks ahead of time.

1. Welcome to the forums :D
  2. Try reinstalling B9 and its dependencies.  If that doesn't fix the problem, post your output log for us to look at - instructions on how to do that are in the first link in my signature.

On 1/24/2016 at 3:17 PM, blowfish said:

They've been moved to the legacy pack.  You can download it on Bitbucket or Kerbalstuff (it's also available on CKAN).

E: Reason for moving them is that there are better alternatives around now.  For wings, there's B9 Procedural Wings, and for landing gear, there's Adjustable Landing Gear.  If you really want the old ones, they're available, but I recommend checking out the more flexible, better looking new stuff first :D

Oh nice, didnt see this , thanks!

4 hours ago, EPICNINJA2 said:

I am looking for the "boxy" parts 

does anyone know what the file name in bitbucket is?

Thanks!

It's the HX part pack (go to downloads).

3 hours ago, EPICNINJA2 said:

I noticed that too I wanted to do an eva at 40,000m and I coudn't see the people inside so I crashed because I kept clicking where the eva button would be so

Were you clicking on the hatch or pressing the EVA button in the kerbal portrait?  As far as I know, both work, so you're going to have to be very specific about how to reproduce your issue.

Oh, and welcome to the forums :D

On 1/26/2016 at 8:44 PM, blowfish said:

It's the HX part pack (go to downloads).

Were you clicking on the hatch or pressing the EVA button in the kerbal portrait?  As far as I know, both work, so you're going to have to be very specific about how to reproduce your issue.

Oh, and welcome to the forums :D

The portrait wasn't there and the hatch was coverd anyway but I also sorta wanted to see the kebals screm right before I tried to land the plane.

P.S. I suck and making anything come down in one peice never mind keeping the kerbals alive. :)