[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

2 hours ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

Just that I don't want to have to deal with as many different places to check for mod updates. Also, could you migrate to Interstellar Fuel Switch? FSFuelSwitch is kinda broken. Also, most of the parts arent showing up for some reason. Just cockpits, engines, a few bicouplers and a crew tank for mk2-b9. Mac, about 15 other mods installed : KER, Trajectories, MechJeb, Modular Rocket Systems, Firespitter, Gamedata-6 (?), BDArmory, Kerbal Historical Institute, maybe a few others, updated to major versions (not patches)

Logs would be helpful.  See the first link in my signature if you're unsure of how to get them.

Re: FSfuelSwitch - all of the non-legacy parts have already been moved to a custom switching module ModuleB9PartSwitch.  Only the legacy parts still use FSfuelSwitch.  I considered using IFS but (1) It doesn't provide all the functionality I want and (2) It, like FSfuelSwitch, is very painful to mod with.

Whaddya mean? The Mk2 Bicoupler and the other like 10 parts that show up all say FSFuelSwitch

Okay, what exactly did you install?  You seem to have the old Mk2 parts (part of the legacy pack) but not the new ones (part of the core pack).  And again, logs would probably reveal the issue immediately.

I installed what's on the GitHub...

As a side note, how do you get those things under your posts?

Could you be specific?  What files did you download and what did you install from them?

And for the third time, we wouldn't be having this back and forth if you would provide logs.  If I could see your logs I could identify the problem immediately.

Signature is under account settings.

8 hours ago, Synapt said:

Are all the nice/fancy/big parts from the old B9 Aerospace mod not included in the 6.0 github release?  I can see some of the B9 Aerospace parts in my game but not those ones, nothing seems out of place/error-related in the output_log either.

They were split into a separate pack.  Download the HX pack (it's in the same place).

And welcome to the forums :D

7 hours ago, blowfish said:

They were split into a separate pack.  Download the HX pack (it's in the same place).

And welcome to the forums :D

Thanks, and gotcha.  I saw that one, but it's size was small so I figured it was something minimal.  B9 and those fancy 'scifi' parts were pretty much the main reason I ever played KSP, I Just loved building giant looking space ships and launching them into deep space, lol.

Now though I want to try and actually create some kind of orbital mothership out of it, have it go into orbit of another planet and drop pods for building bases.  Probably going to regret trying this complex of a thing since I only just started playing again in nearly a year but meh :P

4 hours ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

I installed B9Aerospace_master. That's it. The one from Github

Logs.  I have no clue what you have installed.  But you should also probably use the downloads on the releases page unless you know what you're doing.

On 22. 2. 2016 at 7:39 PM, blowfish said:

It would not be bad, it would just be difficult.  It was on the roadmap at some point but everyone with the skill to do such a thing is AWOL right now.  Also, IVAs are a huge amount of work.

IVA isnt important , firstly make exterior and do it like OPT spaceplene :sticktongue:;)

38 minutes ago, Jebaluti Kerman said:

Im looking for the huge "blocky" things and i want the link for the separate download.

It's on Github with everything else.  Just download the HX pack.  It comes with all the dependencies it needs.

Well, I recently started adding mods to my game and I had this one installed and everything was working fine. I got a bit carried away and downloaded a bit too many mods and it was bogging the game down a bit so I decided to restart, delete all my mods and and start fresh. After getting a few core mods I wanted and setting everything up, I loaded up the game and everything seemed to be loading fine; that is until I get about 85% of the way done. When it gets to "B9_Aerospace/Parts/Adapter_M1/Adapter_SM1/B9_Adapter_SM1" it just stops loading entirely. I've left it running for a good thirty minutes and nothing seemed to change. I tried just removing to folder from the mod to see if that would do anything and instead it just moves on to the next folder, "Adapter_M2" and does the same thing. I really enjoy this mod and would love to not have to remove it to play, so any ideas on how to fix this would be appreciated.

Edit: Well, I decided; for the meantime, to remove the mod in order to play and it seems that I'm having a similar problem for a ton of mods. I think it's a problem with the module manager but I'm not sure.

Edited by Azrael the Sorrowful

40 minutes ago, blowfish said:

@Azrael the Sorrowful please post your output logs after loading KSP with B9 installed.  Instructions are in the first link in my signature.

The issue there is, the game isn't crashing. It just stops loading, and because it doesn't crash, I don't get a log for it.

Edit: I uninstalled all the mods, loaded the game, reinstalled them and it works fine now.

Edited by Azrael the Sorrowful

4 hours ago, Azrael the Sorrowful said:

The issue there is, the game isn't crashing. It just stops loading, and because it doesn't crash, I don't get a log for it.

Edit: I uninstalled all the mods, loaded the game, reinstalled them and it works fine now.

KSP always writes the log, it's just in a different location.  Just follow the first link in my signature, it explains how to get it.

I would like to thank the B9 team for all of their hard work. I also would like to report a bug.

I spent a lot of time building a nice Mk2 (the B9 Mk2 with the black bottom) shuttle to ferry tourists into space. When I circularized my orbit, I looked for the notification that I had completed the mission, and received my funds.. surprisingly there was no such notification. I checked my active contracts to make sure it was still active, and that I had indeed completed the requirements, all good there. I checked the crew lists and made sure the tourists were on-board, all good there.. for some reason the four kerbals in my B9 Mk2 crew tank did not want to pay for services rendered. 

I was reading another mod thread yesterday, and someone was talking about parts (cabins, pods, so on) that did not allow these types of missions to be completed among other problems. If I understand correctly, the part has to be labeled a certain way in the files in order for them to function properly. I don't remember the exact label, and I assume the B9 team is probably familiar with this and can fix it. If I am wrong, let me know and I can do the leg work and search for the discussion I am referencing. 

Thanks for your time

Update, I completed the mission by swapping the stock cabin into the same craft, just to support the idea that it is the B9 cabin causing the problem. I hope it gets fixed, I really like the Mk2 parts, and the stock cabin doesn't fit it well at all.

Edited by Mr_Breeze

1 hour ago, Mr_Breeze said:

I would like to thank the B9 team for all of their hard work. I also would like to report a bug.

I spent a lot of time building a nice Mk2 (the B9 Mk2 with the black bottom) shuttle to ferry tourists into space. When I circularized my orbit, I looked for the notification that I had completed the mission, and received my funds.. surprisingly there was no such notification. I checked my active contracts to make sure it was still active, and that I had indeed completed the requirements, all good there. I checked the crew lists and made sure the tourists were on-board, all good there.. for some reason the four kerbals in my B9 Mk2 crew tank did not want to pay for services rendered. 

I was reading another mod thread yesterday, and someone was talking about parts (cabins, pods, so on) that did not allow these types of missions to be completed among other problems. If I understand correctly, the part has to be labeled a certain way in the files in order for them to function properly. I don't remember the exact label, and I assume the B9 team is probably familiar with this and can fix it. If I am wrong, let me know and I can do the leg work and search for the discussion I am referencing. 

Thanks for your time

Update, I completed the mission by swapping the stock cabin into the same craft, just to support the idea that it is the B9 cabin causing the problem. I hope it gets fixed, I really like the Mk2 parts, and the stock cabin doesn't fit it well at all.

I was actually not aware of this or exactly how it happens, nor do I know how it could be happening.  If you could find that discussion I would definitely be willing to take a look at it.  But keep in mind that the Mk2 crew cabin is now legacy so I will be devoting limited time and energy to maintaining it (however, it sounds like this affects other parts too).  Also, if it requires changes in Unity, we may be out of luck until someone can get a hold of bac9, since I don't have access to any of the original source files.

1 hour ago, Kerbal Kobain said:

@blowfish is the signature available on mobile devices? I can't see it on my phone, maybe it's somewhere else but is it near your name on replies or do I have to check on your profile? Thanks

I don't think they show, but it's this thread (How to get Support in the Modded Support forum).

9 hours ago, blowfish said:

I was actually not aware of this or exactly how it happens, nor do I know how it could be happening.  If you could find that discussion I would definitely be willing to take a look at it.  But keep in mind that the Mk2 crew cabin is now legacy so I will be devoting limited time and energy to maintaining it (however, it sounds like this affects other parts too).  Also, if it requires changes in Unity, we may be out of luck until someone can get a hold of bac9, since I don't have access to any of the original source files.

Okay, I'll get right on it. I don't understand how the Mk2 parts are legacy, when the Mk2 b series doesn't have fuel tanks or crew cabins.. it seems the Mk2 series is more complete, and I wouldn't call the older series legacy until the new series is complete. Maybe I overlooked something though. I just like the look of the Mk2 and the B9 procedural wings ( over the procedural wings mod, who wants all of their wings to use one texture and look identical?!?!).

I will report back when my research is complete. Please let me know if it is not something you will not have time for, since it was legacy. If needed I may update them myself for personal use, or share them with the team if you'd like. I would hope to get credit as a contributor though :cool:

Here is what I was referring to. Pages 21 and 22. There is likely also some discussion on this subject around other places. I wouldn't know where to look though, not being a KSP modder.

Quotes from that discussion.

"I just had that annoying thing happen again with the Kerbals getting no experience. In this case, I took four tourists out to look at the sun in the 2.5m observation dome, but they apparently didn't like the flight because they received no experience and I didn't get paid for the contract.

Have we figured out how to fix this yet?"

"OK, I just confirmed that if I added that vesselType=Ship line to the observation dome, it now works to accrue experience and tourist contracts.

I also noticed that the vesselType  for the stock Squad cupola is Lander. I have no idea why it would be Lander, but it is.

Does anybody know what the vesselType parameter is for (other than to trigger that Kerbals inside it gain experience)?"

Edited by Mr_Breeze