[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

Well with 0.24.2 you need to have FAR installed to use the B9 mod pack :) Today was the first time I used FAR so I didn't know about the changes to parts, I just relied on the info panel of the parts to tell me if they generate lift or not.

No, it's optional to have NEAR or FAR, just strongly recommended. B9 works fine with stock aero (but the example craft are not guaranteed to be flightworthy with stock aero). It's also unsupported on stock aero, but that's not the same as NEAR/FAR being required before it can be used.

Love the scale of the new mod! Space Battleships without massive part count have been a much desired thing in my neck of the woods.

Only request I've got is: HX series hangar doors, I don't like my spaceships hanging out in the stream when I aerobrake.

Top notch you guys!

(also, I _haven't_ had any incompatibility with tweak scale)

--Jak

No, it's optional to have NEAR or FAR, just strongly recommended. B9 works fine with stock aero (but the example craft are not guaranteed to be flightworthy with stock aero). It's also unsupported on stock aero, but that's not the same as NEAR/FAR being required before it can be used.

The description states this:

"• The stock drag model is no longer supported. FAR or NEAR are now required. While the parts will function in the stock drag model and are balanced, we won't accept bug reports relating to performance under simulated soup conditions. :^)"

I haven't tried the latest version without FAR so I don't know if it works without the mod, I feel like running it without FAR would make dragless planes or something.

Am really wanting a structure piece that can terminate the MK2 fuselage cleanly, either a shorter tail piece or something else :(

Edited by DanTheGamer11

By the way, Chris. Seems like BD Armory's working like a charm on the final release, unlike the last play-test that lead to the Dry Mass Bug. No bugs whatsoever.

Good news! I'll update the wiki.

Excellent. What about ResGen, Klockheed Martian, CrossFeedEnabler SmokeScreen, and KineTechAnimation?

ResGen: the R1A AirCS ports right now, the SABRE PreCoolers and the SABREs themselves in R5.1 (planned feature)

KLockheed_Martian: Engine gimballing for all engines

CrossFeedEnabler: feeding fuel into root part so you don't need fuel lines, on all the HL extensions, the MK1 juntion, and the HX side adapter

SmokeScreen: Engine FX

KineTechAnimation: Intakes animating with airspeed and/or open/close state

I just wanted to point out that in your faq section section of the opening post, it looks like that link for the display manual broke somewhere along the line, try it out.

I believe this is the full link: https://bitbucket.org/Taverius/b9-aerospace/wiki/Multi%20Function%20Display%20Manual

Not a huge deal, just trying to help.

Thanks, fixed!

The description states this:

"• The stock drag model is no longer supported. FAR or NEAR are now required. While the parts will function in the stock drag model and are balanced, we won't accept bug reports relating to performance under simulated soup conditions. :^)"

I haven't tried the latest version without FAR so I don't know if it works without the mod, I feel like running it without FAR would make dragless planes or something.

Am really wanting a structure piece that can terminate the MK2 fuselage cleanly, either a shorter tail piece or something else :(

I have parts appearing in the tech tree, but not in the hangars. None of the aerodynamic parts appear, and none of the custom engines show up either. The cockpits and structural elements mostly seem to be there, though.

Did I install wrong or something? I am using the 64-bit version, of course, but if I've screwed up something basic I'd like to know. If not, feel free to disregard.

I have parts appearing in the tech tree, but not in the hangars. None of the aerodynamic parts appear, and none of the custom engines show up either. The cockpits and structural elements mostly seem to be there, though.

Did I install wrong or something? I am using the 64-bit version, of course, but if I've screwed up something basic I'd like to know. If not, feel free to disregard.

Did you unzip the archive into gamedata without looking inside and seeing that it contains a gamedata folder?

I just unlocked the Mk2 cockpit in my career game and was eager to try out the new IVA, but ran into a couple problems/bugs.

Number 1:

KCWIoVJl.png

There are so many things wrong here:

1. Why is it SRF. SPEED but ORB. VELOCITY?
  2. ORB. VELOCITY should be in units of km/s as well
  3. Accel should be in units of m/s² (or maybe g's)
  4. It doesn't tell me anywhere how to switch from surface to orbital mode (figured it out, middle button in left column)

Number 2:

5fqhC4kl.jpg

I'm having some problems reaching the throttle controls from the front seat... And the guy in the back can't help, because he doesn't have throttle controls at all!

Number 3:

Awir2ODl.png

Guy in the back is getting all confuzzled by the buttons right over the stage fuel bar.

Edited by Alvin853
fixed image links

I just unlocked the Mk2 cockpit in my career game and was eager to try out the new IVA, but ran into a couple problems/bugs.

Number 1:

http://i.imgur.com/KCWIoVJl.png

4. It doesn't tell me anywhere how to switch from surface to orbital mode (figured it out, middle button in left column)

I much preferred the secondary PFD, which can be accessed by pressing the PFD button again, and it does not have most of those issues, although it is more minimalistic. It was originally the default PFD, but it was changed in favor of the secondary one which had more info.

EDIT: The mode switching is a genuine bug though, probably left over from the original button layout.

Number 2:

http://i.imgur.com/5fqhC4kl.jpg

I'm having some problems reaching the throttle controls from the front seat... And the guy in the back can't help, because he doesn't have throttle controls at all!

Number 3:

http://i.imgur.com/Awir2ODl.png

Guy in the back is getting all confuzzled by the buttons right over the stage fuel bar.

If you want that changed, you'll need to talk to Chris, he does the IVAs, I'm just a random guy who did a little bit of the MFD stuff.

Number 1:

http://i.imgur.com/KCWIoVJl.png

Number 2:

http://i.imgur.com/5fqhC4kl.jpg

Number 3:

http://i.imgur.com/Awir2ODl.png

Errm, ok lets go down these.

1: That's a stock RPM display, I might modify it at some point but for now, don't yell at me. ;) (What toggle, I'm pushing all the buttons and nothing is happening?)

2: Sadly kerbals don't hold controls and can't be made to, but yes your correct, I forgot to add a throttle in the rear, though arguably speaking, you'd only need one per cockpit, but yeah one can go o the left. And yes that's a hard to see/reach throttle, though strictly speaking you don't need it, shift and ctrl on the keyboard lets you increase/decrease the throttle, and x to cut it, I honestly can't find a better place for it, there is very little room in the front of the Mk2 for now, will get a bit better post upgrade.

3: Yeah that's a bit of a limitation of that specific model, I can fix it but I didn't have the workflow right to cut up polyons and flip their UVs without breaking all normals, now I do, so I can fix that, and yes I know that's a thing in the S2 as well.

Edited by K3|Chris

Errm, ok lets go down these.

1: That's a stock RPM display, I might modify it at some point but for now, don't yell at me. ;) (What toggle, I'm pushing all the buttons and nothing is happening?)

2: Sadly kerbals don't hold controls and can't be made to, but yes your correct, I forgot to add a throttle in the rear, though arguably speaking, you'd only need one per cockpit, but yeah one can go o the left. And yes that's a hard to see/reach throttle, though strictly speaking you don't need it, shift and ctrl on the keyboard lets you increase/decrease the throttle, and x to cut it, I honestly can't find a better place for it, there is very little room in the front of the Mk2 for now, will get a bit better post upgrade.

3: Yeah that's a bit of a limitation of that specific model, I can fix it but I didn't have the workflow right to cut up polyons and flip their UVs without breaking all normals, now I do, so I can fix that, and yes I know that's a thing in the S2 as well.

Thanks man. I pretty much fixed #1 myself for now, except the button thing (speedModeButton is set twice for the same MFD page, and I don't know enough about RPM configs to not break anything).

As far as #2 goes, I just like to actually push the lever to full throttle at launch, after that I'm using the keys, but I can't even click the lever because the pilot's arm and the chair are blocking the controls. And #3 was just a thing I noticed... I tried to read them and couldn't make out what they were supposed to mean, until I realized they were mirrored.

Oh found it, that's 2 different pages, set it to 2 to make it enter, yeah that's a legitimate problem, it's set to home which goes back to the main menu atm, whops.

UqMpvEH.png

Rear kerbal given a handle, also a sneak-peak at 5.1 MFD improvements. (WIP, text bottom and top are untouched for now, only done the vertical speed and altitude ladders and heading bar in the center)

Edited by K3|Chris

works fine with x64, pushes the memory up to bleeding edge when it loads before receding down at the title screen. The parts are a lot more stable too

oh and thank you for making this backward compatible with earlier versions, two thumbs up! Unlike some other modders here who change their part names for asinine reasons and break your save files... smh

I've been unable to connect things on the side nodes, hard to explain here is my problem:

Is anyone else having this issue? It may be a 64 bit issue?

EDIT: Ok messing around with it if I turn them around a certain way they connect so I guess it's ok. Just curious if this was my fault for using 64 bit and if anyone else having the issue.

g4Ay8Ru.jpg

Edited by Eddie Rod

This may be a stupid question, but can you rename Action Groups with the B9 iva parts? I know that it can be done on the Alcor pod, and i was wondering if the same can be done here.

Labels don't fit on the switches, I'll mull over alternatives, might have to put a label next to the switch