[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

Some menus that need a "back" button to get out of a selection inside need to make use of the "back" button and thus blocks that from general navigation, but the top and bottom menus still work.

Yes, that should be the case, but the problem I have with VesselViewer is that it's not. The back button would be needed to get out of submenus inside VV, but instead it closes VV itself. And if I reopen it, I am back in the submenu.

Not sure why it doesn't work for you but after reading the documentation and looking at other examples of similar props (ASET ones) my .cfg was correct from the start. (well both methods work but my original one is less lines).

The state of the buttons are toggled by clicking the collider but they're also directly set by the pod persistence parameters, which is why if you apply a action group switch in one seat it's the same position in the other seat's switches.

Uh. Now that I think about it, I remember docking that ship to a space station during its mission and then undocking it again. That's probably what caused it...

Edited by Hurry, Starfish!

Whats the output_log say?

Nothing other than "Input is null". Taverius said earlier that these errors may be benign, though they seemed to contribute very slightly to the occasional pauses my game experienced after extended VABbing - brief freezes that occur closer and closer together the longer you play until things crash. No clue where they're from, nothing else in the logs (as far as my limited knowledge tells me).

Yes, that should be the case, but the problem I have with VesselViewer is that it's not. The back button would be needed to get out of submenus inside VV, but instead it closes VV itself. And if I reopen it, I am back in the submenu.

Ah, yeah, submitted fix for that and some similar snafus from rushing prior to release.

Uh. Now that I think about it, I remember docking that ship to a space station during its mission and then undocking it again. That's probably what caused it...

Yeah when you dock and then undock the game pretty much wipes the persistence files of both craft clean, does all kinds of havoc to some mods, can wipe your action groups and do a number on IR etc.

For nearlyevery parts mainly all the big new parts the textures are going crazy flickering and flashing (with and without activetexturemanagement) and it doesnt seem like the large cargo bays are working at all. and the parts that say they have variable configurations have no way of changing them, right click does nothing. the pistures look fantastic altho i do think most of the new parts are WAAAY too big but i cant even use it anyway. it would seem to me that all the new parts belong in a diffrent pack as the B9 is about planes but the new bits are for crazy massive spaceships (ive got no problem with this it just seems out of place in the pack). i havent had it crash when testing but its unusable anyway. complaining aside...

keep up the hard work love the look of the new parts just wish i could use them.

Sounds like you don't have Firespitter installed or it's the wrong version, make sure you transfer over everything from the gamedata folder, not just the B9_Aerospace folder, all of it is mandatory for it all to work, it's just a bunch of plugins that allow the various different functions to operate.

That said, I asked a few pages back but haven't gotten a response, when I installed the official release I of course deleted the B9 folder from the pre-release, but I noticed that most of the plugins (JSI, KineTeck, etc.) in the full release were older than the ones I had from the pre-release, would leaving the ones from the pre-release cause any problems or should I replace them with the older ones?

I'm trying to integrate B9 into my MKS-reliant universe, and the tanks aren't behaving. It looks like the tanks have some special characteristics that screw up fuel transmission.

You can find their comment on it here.

I have some videos showing the failure, it's very easy to reproduce. Here's one:

I'm hoping someone has some insight into this, because I can't use the B9 pack very well at all if I can't fit it into my infrustructure.

-Craig

Some of the parts are missing shielding, even if just cosmetically (haven't tried with DR yet, in no rush). I first noticed on the HL 6m body but I think I saw a few others.

The round versions of the Hl have no heat shielding texture by design. If you're talking about not having individually-drawn heat tiles, that's because they are individually drawn and take hours.

With TT on strike, I think the MK.4 adapter is out of place. Can B9 bring back the series (possibly as an S4 to keep it distinct and respectful)? Otherwise I request dropping the part out of the pack, as it works with nothing else.

I'll talk to bac9 about retiring the adapter, especially since TT is being a complete ***** to the community.

Heavy landing gear that attaches in-line would be a god-send. Perhaps as an HL side option, integrated into various series like the S2W, and a 1.25m version that could attach to the engine mount?

Nah. It takes a week to make a landing gear, we're not going to make single-usage versions integrated with fuselages.

I'm trying to integrate B9 into my MKS-reliant universe, and the tanks aren't behaving. It looks like the tanks have some special characteristics that screw up fuel transmission.

You can find their comment on it here.

I have some videos showing the failure, it's very easy to reproduce. Here's one: http://youtu.be/Ne24J9xV7aI

I'm hoping someone has some insight into this, because I can't use the B9 pack very well at all if I can't fit it into my infrustructure.

-Craig

Part tweakable -> disable crossfeed.

If still issue, report to CrossFeedEnabler thread.

Hey guys is there a way to join 2 mods without it crashing? I want to use KSP INTERSTELLAR and B9 aerospace together...if there is some coding i need to learn, please let me know what you know! I appreciate any answers, btw NICE MOD!

Is there an HX sized SAS module (and I haven't spotted it)? I was like "oh, I'll copy fuselage and add sas module brb" but it turned out your parts are too damn awesome and I can't just duct tape a module :P

Or is it in plans, or maybe HX sized ships are supposed to be more difficult to hurl around and require RCS/dedicated engines?

BTW while I'm not totally into spaceplanes, HX is such a blast.... just amazing (KSP lego anyone?), I feel like I need bigger VAB.

Part tweakable -> disable crossfeed.

If still issue, report to CrossFeedEnabler thread.

I just checked, its not crossfeed. its firspitter, specifically FSfuelSwitch. It deletes the Resource node every time it loads a craft and puts a new one in from its own config:(

I just checked, its not crossfeed. its firspitter, specifically FSfuelSwitch. It deletes the Resource node every time it loads a craft and puts a new one in from its own config:(

That's kind of inevitable, given the way the tank switching in FSfuelSwitch works? Can you let RoverDude know?

Hey guys is there a way to join 2 mods without it crashing? I want to use KSP INTERSTELLAR and B9 aerospace together...if there is some coding i need to learn, please let me know what you know! I appreciate any answers, btw NICE MOD!

Yes! I'm using this mod plus many others including KW rocketry, Nova punch, Hangar extender, Editor extensions, Ferram Aerospace, and more and it works like this for me in 32 bit as well as 64 bit! Unless it specifically says so in the description that a certain mod is incompatible than you should be fine. Just don't install too many unless you really know what you're doing!

That's kind of inevitable, given the way the tank switching in FSfuelSwitch works? Can you let RoverDude know?

yes i already told him and posted to the firespitter thread. there´s nothing b9 can do. i haven´t studied the firespitter code in enough detail to check if its possible to fix, but i would bet it is. otherwise any mod using it is gonna have problems with on rails stuff, not just transfers. imagine a karbonite drill loading before the tank, writing the new resources to the tank and then when the tank loads it pretty much empties it again:/

Found a partial way around the teribad performance of x86 in addition to active texture management and force-opengl: put KSP on a RAM Disk! lol. Was already on a PCI-E SSD, but even that wasnt keeping up.

I love the new pack; so happy to see B9 finally back in action! Though it's dependency list has grown quite large, and I admit I have some reservations about a couple of them which are poorly maintained. At the end of the day though, I have no right to complain!

If I could make a small request though, it would be very nice to have some kind of door on the HX system. I know it's for space, but who doesnt want doors on their mothership? ;) Not to mention, you have to get it into space, and fairings/doors help a lot with lag when it comes to tons of parts in FAR.

Also, iirc, the guy who created Comic sans hates it. With a passion. xD

I have a HUGE request to the devs! You know those HX-S Auxiliary Modules for the edges. Well I noticed that some smaller ones would be perfect for the older S2 system!! Please! Oh man they look like they would fit perfect! and would help blend the 2 together better! :-) Same as the big ones with RCS thrusters too and the subsets for fuel and mono! It would be awesome would it not?

I have a HUGE request to the devs! You know those HX-S Auxiliary Modules for the edges. Well I noticed that some smaller ones would be perfect for the older S2 system!! Please! Oh man they look like they would fit perfect! and would help blend the 2 together better! :-) Same as the big ones with RCS thrusters too and the subsets for fuel and mono! It would be awesome would it not?

... no? i really don't think it would.

Is it hard to throw me some kind of config file to have a smaller version? Would Tweak Scale work? Can someone help me on this because I would like to have it? I think it's just a half scale if I'm not mistaken.

EDIT: Nvmd I guess. Maybe if you guys can throw them in 5.1 that would be cool but I see now on first page Tweakscale is No Go! GRR :huh: If anyone else thinks this was a dumb idea let me know because I really think this is needed in the mod. I would use them more than the HX ones, for spaceplanes!

Final Edit: After doing some investigating I see that this would not work without a lot of work because the shape of the s2 will not allow 4 way symmetry! If you try to put ANYTHING on the s2 corners in 4 way they will not line up neatly like the new HX does! Sorry guys but no small auxiliary modules unless S2 gets a reshape!;.; I give up on the idea.

Edited by Eddie Rod
Edit

The round versions of the Hl have no heat shielding texture by design. If you're talking about not having individually-drawn heat tiles, that's because they are individually drawn and take hours.

Okay, it just looked weird to me that some did and others didn't. If intentional then no issues from me.

I'll talk to bac9 about retiring the adapter, especially since TT is being a complete ***** to the community.

I only wish he left us with a permissive license.

Nah. It takes a week to make a landing gear, we're not going to make single-usage versions integrated with fuselages.

I can understand the fuselage ones, especially if it takes that much time. A 1.25m inline gear would be universally useful though, especially with the engine mount. Not a huge priority but I'd love to see it.