[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

I'm probably being blind but how do I restore the stock parts other than getting Steam to reinstall them?

You can delete the VenStockRevamp folder if you don't want it.

EDIT- In the folder there is 2 cfg's that just point the parts to the VenStockRevamp re-textures folder.

Edited by Mecripp2

That's about it. There's no rename to stock batch file included. You CAN make a copy of the of the .bat file and rename all the files therein (notepad++ helps a ton here) to their stock name.

Or maybe just make a copy of Squad folder =)

LOL you guys have me lost where are you getting this .bat file with the 1 out right now there is 2 cfg that point the too the re-texture folder if you delete them 2 cfg your back to stock you don't have to backup your stock folder.

EDIT- Not that it isn't good to have a backup but your not copy over anything or you installing it wrong.

Now I have made Stockalike RF Engines configs for the three variants of engines (909B, SkipperB and SnubOtron).

I have also fixed the Realchute configs for the Mk26 and Mk5-R parachutes. (I think the values should be ok for a Mk26 on the Mk1 pod and three Mk5-R on a Mk1-2 pod)

Download it from my Dropboxfolder

There seems to be a collision between Realism Overhaul and Stock Part Revamp regarding the Mk1-2 Pod and RCS Build Aid.

RCS Build Aid doesn't recognize the Pods RCS thrusters anymore. I also have SXT installed (if that changes anything).

Did anyone experience Trajectories mod not working with revamp?

RCS Build Aid doesn't recognize the Pods RCS thrusters anymore. I also have SXT installed (if that changes anything).

RCS BA seems to be working fine with stock RCS ports. No SXT installed.

Edited by Mystique

I found the original download file. http://partsbyemc.com/pub/uploads_2013_10_kommitstockalike_struts_v0.1.zip which has this single line license.

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

So there shouldn't be a reason it can't be added to this mod, bug-fixed of course.

Did anyone experience Trajectories mod not working with revamp?

RCS BA seems to be working fine with stock RCS ports. No SXT installed.

No issues with Trajectories.

RCS BA seems to work fine but I only have a couple of the smaller SXT packs (Airbrakes, Trucks!, and the rotating Hab)

hmm does anyone have a fix for some of the weird bugs that came with the new version such as purple windows, fairings not appearing properly, and some weird part duplication in the in-game part directory?

sounds like you used the upgrader on your ksp install to get to .90 .

Alright so I love what you've done with the parts, my only problem is with the Poodle engine. I quite liked having a 2.5m engine which was short enough that you could use it for a lander. Now it's just yet another little engine for day to day use, and I just really miss the wide but short Poodle.

Alright so I love what you've done with the parts, my only problem is with the Poodle engine. I quite liked having a 2.5m engine which was short enough that you could use it for a lander. Now it's just yet another little engine for day to day use, and I just really miss the wide but short Poodle.

You can edit the Part Revamp-MM.cfg fine

@PART[liquidEngine2-2] { 

@author = Ven
!mesh = DELETE
MODEL {
model = VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Engine/Poodle
}
@title = Rockomax Service Engine

@MODULE[ModuleGimbal] {
@gimbalTransformName = Obj_Gimbal
useGimbalResponseSpeed = true
gimbalResponseSpeed = 6
@gimbalRange = 3
}
MODULE
{
name = FXModuleLookAtConstraint
CONSTRAINLOOKFX
{
targetName = Piston1
rotatorsName = PistonBase1
}

CONSTRAINLOOKFX
{
targetName = PistonBase1
rotatorsName = Piston1
}

CONSTRAINLOOKFX
{
targetName = Piston2
rotatorsName = PistonBase2
}

CONSTRAINLOOKFX
{
targetName = PistonBase2
rotatorsName = Piston2
}
CONSTRAINLOOKFX
{
targetName = Piston3
rotatorsName = PistonBase3
}

CONSTRAINLOOKFX
{
targetName = PistonBase3
rotatorsName = Piston3
}

CONSTRAINLOOKFX
{
targetName = Piston4
rotatorsName = PistonBase4
}

CONSTRAINLOOKFX
{
targetName = PistonBase4
rotatorsName = Piston4
}
}
@MODULE[ModuleAnimateHeat] {
%ThermalAnim = overheatService
}
}

and delete it out.

Is there any way I can just have this mod over write all the squad stuff? Cause it doesnt seem like the batch file actually works for me...

You need to place batch file to GameData directory & run it from there. NOT within this mod directory. Works like a charm.

It's worth noting that the Service Engine (The Poodle) has the exact same dimensions, it just removes the tank butt because the engine itself is rather small. Remember that the Nuclear Poodle is NOT the orginal Poodle. The Service Engine is.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.