[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

Great looking mod, these stock parts finally look as they're supposed to be :)

But I don't get something about solar panels - why 4 or 5 of them have same weight (0.0175 and 0.025 for light/cased version), but totally different power output? That's kinda strange.

Edited by Mystique

That's a hack, not a solution. The most reasonable solution is a shroud like this pod does.
the shroud would be ascetically unpleasing when smaller diameter parts are attached underneath the only way to avoid that is to have multiple bottom nodes for attaching to different diameters which come with their own set of problems when you try to attach parts of certain heights to the inner most node

the shroud would be ascetically unpleasing when smaller diameter parts are attached underneath the only way to avoid that is to have multiple bottom nodes for attaching to different diameters which come with their own set of problems when you try to attach parts of certain heights to the inner most node

Multiple nodes also creates problems with FAR. I think that the shroud could work, perhaps provided that it could be disabled when needed.

I don't know, I think Porkjet made a nuclear engine a ways back that had multicolored emissives.

Ah, here it is.

What I see there can be made with multiple meshes, which makes my statement still accurate.

the shroud would be ascetically unpleasing when smaller diameter parts are attached underneath

Not to me, but even if, it would be less displeasing than a huge gap. At any rate attaching small parts to the bottom of a pod doesn't happen often. I've never done it to my recollection.

Here's a better pic of that shroud in action.

eS0PZvQ.jpg

Edited by Cpt. Kipard

Not to me, but even if, it would be less displeasing than a huge gap. At any rate attaching small parts to the bottom of a pod doesn't happen often. I've never done it to my recollection.

Here's a better pic of that shroud in action.

http://i.imgur.com/eS0PZvQ.jpg

But the thing is there isn't a huge gap anymore thanks to offset. What you gain is a small aesthetic polish for people to lazy to hit one of the first 4 buttons on the top of their key board who are attaching the pod without a decoupler (the stock decoupler covers the gap) all at the cost of making an eye sore for anyone attaching anything smaller underneath for whatever reason. just because you don't build like that doesn't mean its not a big deal to someone else. If you ask me adding a shroud to the pod isn't worth all this trouble and drama.

But the thing is there isn't a huge gap anymore thanks to offset. What you gain is a small aesthetic polish for people to lazy to hit one of the first 4 buttons on the top of their key board who are attaching the pod without a decoupler (the stock decoupler covers the gap) all at the cost of making an eye sore for anyone attaching anything smaller underneath for whatever reason. just because you don't build like that doesn't mean its not a big deal to someone else. If you ask me adding a shroud to the pod isn't worth all this trouble and drama.

Only one of those is a reason not to do it. The other one is an excuse. Guess which is which.

considering how little you gain from making a shroud now that its completely redundant you really should only need one reason not to.

What are you gaining by not having it?

And "little" is your word not mine.

Also, having the decoupler extend like that is hacky. It's much neater to have the shroud.

Edited by Cpt. Kipard

What are you gaining by not having it?

aesthetically pleasing part use versatility. basically mounting small parts underneath won't look ugly if there is no shroud, and yes I build craft like that with disturbing regularity.

And "little" is your word not mine.

take all the times a mk1 pod is used in a typical 0.90 play through, then remove all the times they used the stock decoupler, then remove all the times they used offset to fill the gap, then remove all the times they didn't use offset because the part was a small diameter, then remove all the times they didn't use offset cause they didn't care how it looked. The number of times a mk1 pod is used that are left would be a small(synonymous with little) number unless they are ignorant about gizmos or are deliberately being lazy. So they may be my words but you can't say my words are nonsense.

Also, having the decoupler extend like that is hacky. It's much neater to have the shroud.

how is something the stock game does hacky? how is a visible open fairing when you place a smaller diameter part neater?

aesthetically pleasing part use versatility. basically mounting small parts underneath won't look ugly if there is no shroud, and yes I build craft like that with disturbing regularity.

Dude seriously you have to stop this. Removing the shroud is as easy as editing the config. You're still not gaining anything. Can I have a nice thing too? Is that ok with you?

take all the times a mk1 pod is used in a typical 0.90 play through, then remove all the times they used the stock decoupler, then remove all the times they used offset to fill the gap, then remove all the times they didn't use offset because the part was a small diameter, then remove all the times they didn't use offset cause they didn't care how it looked. The number of times a mk1 pod is used that are left would be a small(synonymous with little) number unless they are ignorant about gizmos or are deliberately being lazy. So they may be my words but you can't say my words are nonsense.

I hate it when people argue against someone else enjoying something when it makes no difference to them. It would make a large difference to me though.

how is something the stock game does hacky? how is a visible open fairing when you place a smaller diameter part neater?

Because every other part fits perfectly by simply stacking it. That's how. You know this. You're just being disingenuous now.

Hello, yes, I'd like a shroud and an optional MM config to remove it as well - that way, people who want the shroud can delete the config and people who don't want it can keep it. I love Ledenko's Apollo pod's shroud, I think it works beautifully. And if we're complaining about stacking smaller diameter parts underneath the pod, well.. adapters exist for a reason, that's all. I don't mind using one for the very few times I stack smaller parts underneath it (which really isn't often.. There really isn't much choice in the "0.625m parts that are useful in a 1.25m stack right below the pod" category.. unless you're planning a miniature Orion or something, I dunno).

requimrar: odd, I was very careful when I originally wrote it to avoid line ending issues, but perhaps I forgot when I edited it later and that screwed the whole file. As to some of the target files not existing? Definitely aware of it. It's an artifact of how the script was generated, and causes no issues. That said, thankully a kind contributer has been writing a script to regenerate these, so the pruners should be more solid in future.

Found a typo in Part Revamp-MM.cfg at the triangular structural panel in the @mass line it should read, I think :

+PART[structuralPanel1] {

!mesh = DELETE

@name = Angledpanel

@mass /= 2

%scale = 1

%rescaleFactor = 1

!MODEL {}

MODEL {

model = VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Structural/StructuralParts/PanelAngled1x1

}

}

The mass should be 0.0375 not 2.0 tons...

Fantastic mod, keep the good work...

Found a typo in Part Revamp-MM.cfg at the triangular structural panel in the @mass line it should read, I think :

The mass should be 0.0375 not 2.0 tons...

Fantastic mod, keep the good work...

Actually that looks correct to me. +PART clones the stock structuralPanel1, @mass /=2 halves its mass.

about solar panels - why 4 or 5 of them have same weight (0.0175 and 0.025 for light/cased version), but totally different power output? That's kinda strange.

Don't want to be annoying, but am I the only one having different solar panels (by power output) with the same mass?

@PART[Mark1Cockpit] {

@author = Ven

!mesh = DELETE

!MODEL {}

MODEL {

model = VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Command/mk1Cockpit/model

}

MODULE

{

name = ModuleAnimateGeneric

animationName = MK1Light

startEventGUIName = Lights On

endEventGUIName = Lights Off

}

MODULE

{

name = ModuleResourceIntake

resourceName = IntakeAir

checkForOxygen = true

area = 0.006

intakeSpeed = 10

intakeTransformName = Intake

}

RESOURCE

{

name = IntakeAir

amount = 0.5

maxAmount = 1.0

}

}

About this, when an inlet is added to a cockpit, you must add a FARBasicDragModel as well, or FAR will be broken.

Since there is no Realchute support for the Mk26 and the Mk5-R droguechutes, I took the liberty to fix that.

I have no idea if this is properly done, but it works for me.

And I just have to tell how much I love this mod :-)

Edit: Go to this post

Edited by Johnny2000

Since there is no Realchute support for the Mk26 and the Mk5-R droguechutes, I took the liberty to fix that HERE.

I have no idea if this is properly done, but it works for me.

And I just have to tell how much I love this mod :-)

Now it only remains to fix weight of solar panels according to their EC production :) I'm really looking forward to this, because mod was found out to be so cool that I even deleted whole lot of parts from other mods to free up some memory and keep Krash Kraken at bay :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.