[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

Great work, Ven! I love your mod.

Although I'm not particularly fond of the new parachutes in 1.8.0. They don't look necessarily bad on their own, but when paired with a capsule, they just don't look right to me. This is what I mean:

lcRfZaa.png

The bigger version looks better, but still looks weird to me, as if it's just sort of tacked on:

fNxJmFm.png

How can I go about reverting them to the older version in my installation?

what is the last capsule? also, I am now encountering a bug in 1.8.0 where some engines come with the fairings atached and they cannot be detached.

That's from one of the mods I have. Not Ven's parts. Unfortunately I picked that one instead of Ven's stock capsule by accident. I think that one is either from Near Future Spacecraft parts or Stock Station Part Expansion. I think.

My only complaint is that the service bays don't have a top and bottom to them. I don't really see the point because its not like we could get a probe out of there once it got in.

I'm having difficulty finding the service bays in the configs. Help.

Edited by BoomShroom

PLease tell me if this bug happens at you people! THe LV-45, LV-40, Poodle, Aerospike, Skipper and LV-909 engines come with fairings atached in the editors and they react as if they were part of the engine's model!

You sure, checked the debug logs?

Also, anyone else have notice huge performance drops, specially in the VAB. I think they're mostly related to solar panels, refractions, etc. Not GPU related.

nope i don't im not lagging

Edited by tkw

Hey good news! I fixed the LVs and Poodle! I still need to mess with the Skipper and Poodle's MM configs...

What did you do?

Anyways, if you haven't already fixed the fairings, I'd suggest deleting the entire Ven Stock Revamp folder and do a fresh install, fairing issues like that can be caused by multiple cfgs modifying the same part (and the new cfgs don't overwrite the old ones because they were moved).

My only complaint is that the service bays don't have a top and bottom to them. I don't really see the point because its not like we could get a probe out of there once it got in.

I'm having difficulty finding the service bays in the configs. Help.

I agree with you there, I'd like a top and bottom, things look weird attached to nothing. GameData\VenStockRevamp\Squad\Parts\Structural.cfg, search for ServiceBay.

You sure, checked the debug logs?

Also, anyone else have notice huge performance drops, specially in the VAB. I think they're mostly related to solar panels, refractions, etc. Not GPU related.

I was fine in the VAB, but I had some of the retractable solar panels throw a note saying they could not be deployed because they were stowed. I put 2 crafts with these within a few km of each other, and had to force-quit KSP, and my FR dropped to 10s of seconds per frame (I've had the game crash before now and again, but have never had FR issues). These were small vessels, too. an Apollo-like CSM, and a small tug.

Ok, I've updated VSR to 1.8.1, I've finally fixed the solar panels so that they'll work properly when you go from stock to VSR and vice versa. But to those who have been using this mod, you'll need to close all of your solar panels before you install 1.8.1. I've included a .txt file (SolarPanelRetractFix.txt), you need to change the suffix it .cfg, then drag and drop it into your KSP GameData folder. Then load KSP and close all of your solar panels.

Once all of your solar panels are closed, delete the old Stock revamp folder and install 1.8.1+ and you should no longer have to deal with any solar panel wackiness.

This is only a one time inconvenience, so it is hopefully better in the long term.

I have a problem with Realchute and Stock part revamp.

Mk-16 looks like on the picture, and patch for Realchute does not loading correctly.

http://i.imgur.com/NnpEmAI.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/PpKqLFP.jpg

KSP.log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s3ear0p74hoa478/KSP.log?dl=0

I have only realchute, and Stock part revamp installed.

Same problem here, despite that it doesn't even show up in the staging. The other parachutes work fine though.

I was wondering, are the new orange parts more resistant to reentry heat? If not, I would think they ought to be.
There might be a simple problem. On Github when you download 1.8.1 what you actually download is 1.8.0. So Ven you might just have to upload the right file.

It's the right file, I didn't bother to change the name.

It's the right file, I didn't bother to change the name.

Ahhhh ok. Idk if it's a bug but I can't radially attach anything to the processing lab or hab container I.e solar panels, batteries, etc.

I agree with you there, I'd like a top and bottom, things look weird attached to nothing. GameData\VenStockRevamp\Squad\Parts\Structural.cfg, search for ServiceBay.

Thanks. Honestly though my worry is more about things attached the the neighboring parts (rather the the service bay itself) exploding because of the way heat travels through the entire ship on a less then favorable entry.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.