[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

I can also confirm the Materials Bay attach bug. Thought I'd add another confirmation, also, once I pinpoint where it's flubbed I'll submit a pull request to fix it if there already isn't one.

DaBPuk7.png (1600×900)

Edited by FiiZzioN

Ok, @Ven, there should be a pull request that'll fix the Science Junior / Materials Bay radial attach point + the top and bottom node to make the spacing a bit more even. 

As a temporary fix, I've gone ahead and uploaded a patch that will fix the Science Junior's radial attach anomaly. I'm just putting it here so people can use it until there's a new, official release of VenStockRevamp. The file that needs to and will be fixed through this download is the "Utility.cfg" file located at: "GameData\VenStockRevamp\Squad\Parts". 

Simply install this like any other mod. It should ask if you want to replace one file - "Utility.cfg".

Here's the download link!

This little fix is being hosted Google Drive. Since it isn't used as much, as say, Dropbox, people aren't as familiar with it. So, if you can't find the download button, it's at the top of the page - dead center. 

I hope this small fix will help someone!

Edited by FiiZzioN

Just out of curiosity when will you (if at all) implement an IVA for the MK2 'VA' Command Pod? And why do some of the engines not have any engine effects like the "Bollard" engine? And if you have already stated why please link it to me! Plus I'm not using 64-bit

Edited by RYU AZUKU99

On 1/3/2016 at 5:04 AM, Krux said:

I've been using this mod for a long time, and each update is better than the previous one. This one has some bugs, but the quality of the textures is just amazing. I love the black solar pannels, and also look more realistic. Keep doing what you are doing, Ven! :D

Black solar panels most definitely do NOT look realistic. They are usually either orange or blue.

1 hour ago, Laythe Dweller said:

Black solar panels most definitely do NOT look realistic. They are usually either orange or blue.

Check out this Reddit thread as to the color of solar cells. Many of the top level posts, and those from tagged experts/engineers are particularly good and explain the blue, black, and copper coloring of photo-voltaic cells :) General rule seems to be that the darker the panel, the more efficient it is. 

12 hours ago, Laythe Dweller said:

I'm using an old blue textures from one of the pre1.8.0 release because of this :)

12 minutes ago, Mods_o_joy said:

Again, Bull, i have retracted the Light panels on Duna probes 10 times over before in Pure Stock

Are you playing a pre-1.0 version or something? That was a change made in 1.0. See: http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/OX-4W_3x2_Photovoltaic_Panels and http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/OX-4L_1x6_Photovoltaic_Panels

4 hours ago, Laythe Dweller said:

But don't they look blue when the sunlight reflects off of it? In any case, IMO the blue ones look better.

Yeah, they do, but not in space, it's a reflection of the blue sky on Earth. But it's totally fine if you like the blue ones :)

16 hours ago, SessoSaidSo said:

Why is this mod not just stock? I mean it is just my opinion, but the actual detail is just far superior. Like why hasn't Squad, I mean, c'mon...

Because it appears after 1.1 porkjet will be tackling that task. It was in one of the last few devnotes....

11 hours ago, Railgunner2160 said:

Because it appears after 1.1 porkjet will be tackling that task. It was in one of the last few devnotes....

Even then, there is no possible way that he'll (porkjet) be able to rework everything that has been updated in this pack in one release. The parts here have been of high quality from the start, unlike SQUAD's, which, as you can tell since they are all having to be redone, has not always been the greatest. Most people that make mods either excel in one of two areas; you're either good at making models and ok at texturing, or it's the other way around. The thing with this pack is that I find that not just the textures, but the models as well far succeed almost all of the parts that have officially been released to date.

Please know that this is just my personal opinion and doesn't represent what anyone else thinks. Everyone has their preferences; this mod here is mine.

Edited by FiiZzioN

I was merely pointing out the fact that SQUAD seems to have made the decision to remodel the parts themselves rather than adopt Ven's.....

I agree that Ven's are quite high quality, infact I find it hard to play without his atm.

Edited by Railgunner2160

Hey Ven, I was wondering if you'd be interested in adding a Gemini-like Capsule into the game? KSP doesn't really have any 2 man pod (besides your new pod), but the Gemini has the special front facing windows that most parts don't usually have. 

Also, do you ever plan on adding any new aircraft command pods? 

Been playing with this for a few hours- I like the extra parts, and look forward to progressing to get more goodies :)

Some questions: The Kerbcan- does the hatch not work on purpose? All I get when right clicking on the hatch is transfer crew and crew report.

Also, I'm noticing some "damping" when flying through the atmosphere- rockets have a tendency to do a bit of a pendulum type movement. Are there changes to the physics as well?

On 12/19/2014 at 6:14 PM, falken said:

Ven, I just installed this pack for the first time, and can I just say... wow! This is amazing. I really really like how you implemented working RCS into the Mk1-2 pod!

...is there *any* chance you are going to do the same for the new Mk3 cockpit, giving it RCS ports just like the real shuttle? Please say yes. Oh please.

I would like to add my support for a MK3 pod with built in RCS similar to the Venned MK1-2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.