[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

Yes, since the shroud toggling sets a persistent field you can just apply the disabled version to the original cfg. Look for what changed in that MODULE's section of the .craft file before and after toggling to see what change to make.

FAR is totally sane about this stuff, it'll use whatever you throw at it.

However, the drag cube system in stock KSP can accept only one PartModule that changes the part's model before it throws up its hands and says "proceduural drag cube for you!" -- which is slower and not tunable and has a few bugs we spotted in 1.1 testing. Heck, I don't even know if that model switcher even tells the drag cube system that the model is changing!

Oh, and did I mention that even with FAR installed, the stock drag cube system is used for thermodynamics / thermo occlusion? FAR changes the final areas, but it doesn't mess with occlusion and taper coefficients.

16 hours ago, NathanKell said:

FAR is totally sane about this stuff, it'll use whatever you throw at it.

However, the drag cube system in stock KSP can accept only one PartModule that changes the part's model before it throws up its hands and says "proceduural drag cube for you!" -- which is slower and not tunable and has a few bugs we spotted in 1.1 testing. Heck, I don't even know if that model switcher even tells the drag cube system that the model is changing!

Oh, and did I mention that even with FAR installed, the stock drag cube system is used for thermodynamics / thermo occlusion? FAR changes the final areas, but it doesn't mess with occlusion and taper coefficients.

Nice information to know, thanks for the explanation!

Hi @Ven I seem to experiencing some NRE spam with the new SpaceX style landing gear, this is the spam from the log 

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ModuleLandingLeg.StateUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at ModuleLandingLeg.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Hope this helps :)

On 3/14/2016 at 6:05 PM, benjee10 said:

New update is just glorious. Love the new science parts, much nicer than the stock cartoony thermometers and such. SpaceX style landing gear are pure awesome. 

What new update is this?

Also, I love the pack, but I have one complaint. Why does the Communotron 88 fold up so big? In stock, it folds into a little tiny nub, but in Ven, it folds into this huge thing, making it very difficult to launch except in a fer very specific configurations.

Hey @Ven, just stopping by to let you know that @Enceos made a procedural parts texture pack similar to this pack (if you didn't already know). It can be found here on SpaceDock.

VensProcedural

Looks really good, you should link it on the page!
Also a quick question (I know how little of these you get). Are the 1.0.5 plane parts going to be redone? The new parts and the MK2/MK3 parts don't really fit the aesthetic of the revamped parts. Sorry if it's been asked before or you're working on it!

@Ven Here's an example of a part that needs a bit of change. The MK3 to 3.75m adapter doesn't match the stripes of the (amazing looking) 3.75m fuel tank. I don't think an entire revamp of the aero parts is due, though. The replacement CR-7 engine matches the newly established 1.0.5 style really well, for example, as shown in the screenshot. I think what needs to be changed is the window colors, adding some pipes, and redoing the wings, small nosecone, and landing gear. :D

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

Also, I've been following the 1.1 developments, and here is what needs to be changed for compatibility.

• Very likely the ModuleManager configs that replace the parts themselves.
  • The search system means that stuff like the Rockomax tank, which isn't orange in your mod, might need some changed tags. You wouldn't want a white part to appear orange, for example.
  • Not much in new parts, besides the expandable heat-shield and new landing gear.
  • Wheels, if you do change them, will have to be ported over to the new format. I think Roverdude showed how to do that in the latest stream.

Thanks for making such a cool mod :D

I'm using Vens stock revamp (and a few others, but this seems to be the most likely cause) and if a vessel is crewed, the game stutters constantly (not sound lag), but if I build an unmanned/probe vessel it's entirely smooth. A friend said that he remembered this issue, but does not know how to fix

37 minutes ago, The Destroyer said:

I'm using Vens stock revamp (and a few others, but this seems to be the most likely cause) and if a vessel is crewed, the game stutters constantly (not sound lag), but if I build an unmanned/probe vessel it's entirely smooth. A friend said that he remembered this issue, but does not know how to fix

I doubt Stock Revamp is the cause.  Most likely something with a plugin, that affects many if not all parts, and is computation heavy.

1 hour ago, blowfish said:

I doubt Stock Revamp is the cause.  Most likely something with a plugin, that affects many if not all parts, and is computation heavy.

Do you have any idea? I've tried removing ALL my visual mods, different part packs, etc (currently using kw) but its only effecting crewed vessels... hmm, maybe it's final frontier... nope not it. Not my suit mods, not VNG EVA parachutes, not SSTU... I still have no idea ;_;

Edited by The Destroyer

3 hours ago, The Destroyer said:

Do you have any idea? I've tried removing ALL my visual mods, different part packs, etc (currently using kw) but its only effecting crewed vessels... hmm, maybe it's final frontier... nope not it. Not my suit mods, not VNG EVA parachutes, not SSTU... I still have no idea ;_;

You could try a binary search through your mods - remove half, see if it fixes it, if not try the other half, keep narrowing down by half until you figure out which one is doing it.  These performance issues are not easy to isolate.

10 hours ago, blowfish said:

You could try a binary search through your mods - remove half, see if it fixes it, if not try the other half, keep narrowing down by half until you figure out which one is doing it.  These performance issues are not easy to isolate.

I practically went through my entire mod list until I removed Vens, corrupted my save and so far it's smooth performance (it seems it was the starting pod that causes it?), I'm not sure why. I'll do more testing to see if indeed it is ven

Idk if it have been already reported but the aileron of the DDWinglet doesn't move the right way, it rotate around the X axis of the DDwinget (though the origin is right) instead of the X axis of the obj_ctrlsurf

Since I run ksp 1.05 in x64, it could be due to that, though I don't find it probable since all the other control surfaces work right, the stock, the remodeled and the one from B9PWM

I hope this is useful and if not, sorry for disturbing, have a nice day

4 minutes ago, Billy_Is_Dead said:

1.1 is out @Ven! Take all the time you need updating, thanks for the mod! :cool:

Since when has 1.1 been out??? It's still unreleased as of 9:33pm 3/29/2016!!! The only people who have it are the test group, and those working with Squad in media, namely Youtube channels that squad has arrangements with....

Edited by Railgunner2160

1 hour ago, Railgunner2160 said:

Since when has 1.1 been out??? It's still unreleased as of 9:33pm 3/29/2016!!! The only people who have it are the test group, and those working with Squad in media, namely Youtube channels that squad has arrangements with....

It's in the steam beta tab, go to ksp in your library, properties, betas, switch to prerelease, and you're golden.

30 minutes ago, Railgunner2160 said:

It's out on Steam now, check the Betas tab in the game properties. The 1.1 public beta came out about an hour ago.

Hi Mr @Ven  Kudos on what is, in my opinion, one of the handful of mods that keep me playing KSP.  I'm looking forward to seeing your awesome models in the (pre-release) KSP 1.1.  Since I assume you're busy updating things to work on Unity 5, can I just draw your attention to a bug persistent in 1.0.5 I've seen regarding the cover designed for the 3 kerbal pod?  It seems like the door on it doesn't match the pod's door so when you open the door on the cover, it isn't properly aligned with the pod's hatch.  I'm 99.9% sure this is your mod I'm thinking of :-p

I'm rooting for you!  Keep up the amazing work.  Squad, give this guy a job!

Sincerely,

A Fanboy

Huh! This mod is actually working mostly fine for me in 1.1, or at least I haven't noticed anything outside of the landing gear being broken. There is some temporary weirdness when pods are in the editor pages, the windows are bright blue or black, but that goes away when you actually select them. Just delete the landing legs from the pathpatches cfg and the squad cfg and you should be golden.

@Bored971 that isn't a bug, you need a docking port on top of the pod and it fits just fine. I think thats the way it was designed.

I have noticed something strange in 1.1 with this mod, in that the gimbals don't seem to work correctly for the majority of the engines. I noticed when one of my crafts using the LVT-45 seemed unreasonably uncontrollable, but I thought I had made a mistake and stuck an LVT-30 on instead. However on further testing I noticed that the LVT-45 only has pitch and roll control (all toggles on) but no yaw control. This also affects a few other engines, but some engines perform yaw when given a roll command. Some engines work fine, some have pitch and roll but no yaw and other oddities. 

Now I understand that this mod hasn't been updated officially to 1.1 and I will take it as incompatible until that time, but I just find this strange. As far as I'm aware the only change to gimballing was the pitch/yaw/roll toggles.

Edited by Chimer4

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.