[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

Oh you made the aerocap, thank you!

But unfortunately it doesn't fit with the docking port=(

It doesn't really clip into things, so you can use gizmos to make it fit perfectly. Even if you have a battery and a docking port.

- - - Updated - - -

You should really make VSR edit/prune stockalike mods such as RLA, KSPX, and AtomicAge.

And are you planning to modify NASAmission?

Some parts are replacements for RLA parts, specifically the high-performance Rockomax probe engine and the new 0.625 fuel tanks, and the Shiba Nuke. NASAmission is planned for 1.8, and I REALLY want a Venalike AtomicAge pack.

You should really make VSR edit/prune stockalike mods such as RLA, KSPX, and AtomicAge.

And are you planning to modify NASAmission?

Mods modifying other mods directly, what a fantastic idea. That would kill my interest fast.

For some reason my Gigantor solar panels lose their colliders every now and then, not a clue why they're doing that - nothing in the log either.

For some reason my Gigantor solar panels lose their colliders every now and then, not a clue why they're doing that - nothing in the log either.

Remove TR reflections from Ven's mod (rename TR reflections config to .bak) and see if it helps.

The latest beta version of Deadly Reentry (6.5.3) results in Module Manager reporting an error in the "DeadlyReentry-Patches.cfg" file from Ven's Stock Part Revamp.

I did a bit of digging, and it appears to be from the section where Ven's adds a heatshield to the Mark1-2 pod. It references a "conductivity" line from the Deadly Reentry 2.5m heatshield which has been commented out in the latest version of Deadly Reentry.

Commenting out line 13 in Ven's "DeadlyReentry-Patches.cfg" resolves the error.

EDIT--

Apparently the error doesn't matter at all, and according to Starwaster the .cfg file is best left unedited.

Edited by UnanimousCoward

Already removed, it was causing much bigger issues than colliders disappearing.

Well it did work for me... Have you tried reverting just the Gigantors to stock by editing MM config?

So I used to use Ven's Stock Revamp with no problems but I did a fresh install of KSP and now when I try to use Ven's every time I try to launch anything the screen just goes black and the ui stays there. Does anyone know how to fix this?

So I used to use Ven's Stock Revamp with no problems but I did a fresh install of KSP and now when I try to use Ven's every time I try to launch anything the screen just goes black and the ui stays there. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Blackscreen Kranken. Delete TR reflections config.

What is TR reflections config?

/GameData/VenStockRevamp/PartRevamp_TextureReplacer.cfg

just rename it to PartRevamp_TextureReplacer.cfg.bak or try to update Texture Replacer - there were some hotfixes

Any plans on integrating this with realism overhaul?

This mod has a really weird parts structure inside it's configs. My personal edits are similar anyways... But due to this I can't make the RO config myself.

Edited by sashan

Just a small issue. The ascent shroud you made doesn't fit on the capsule properly when there is a docking port on top of it. I assume there should be a docking port on top?

You can just use the part move gadget to move the shroud to cover, it covers a standard docking port and the capsule.

Believe it or not, I only found this mod today!

I don't think I'll have enough RAM for it in its full glory. How could I install only parts of it?

In order of importance (to me):

1. Iluminated pods and science lab (must-have);

2. Docking ports with lights;

3. Structural Panels (angled panel included);

4. I-beams;

5. More Cubic Struts;

6. New Station Hub;

7. New batteries;

8. Retexturized science instruments;

9. New lights.

Can you help me?

--- EDIT ---

Nevermind my first question, I hadn't finished downloading the package: it doesn't overwrite anything.

But I have ANOTHER question: when select some of these parts in the VAB, I can't select (neither click on) them anymore... How can I fix this?

Edited by jlcarneiro

Believe it or not, I only found this mod today!

I don't think I'll have enough RAM for it in its full glory. How could I install only parts of it?

In order of importance (to me):

1. Iluminated pods and science lab (must-have);

2. Docking ports with lights;

3. Structural Panels (angled panel included);

4. I-beams;

5. More Cubic Struts;

6. New Station Hub;

7. New batteries;

8. Retexturized science instruments;

9. New lights.

Can you help me?

I have 30+ mods alongside Ven's, including B9 and Astronomer's pack and I still have around 1gig Ram limit available. Have you tried running KSP in OpenGL mode?

I have 30+ mods alongside Ven's, including B9 and Astronomer's pack and I still have around 1gig Ram limit available. Have you tried running KSP in OpenGL mode?

I think I'm already (I'm on Linux), specially because my video card is a GeForce...

But thanks, anyway! :)

BTW, do you know something about the issue I mentioned:

Nevermind my first question, I hadn't finished downloading the package: it doesn't overwrite anything.

But I have ANOTHER question: when select some of these parts in the VAB, I can't select (neither click on) them anymore... How can I fix this?

That's a problem with the model lacking a collider.

What a shame... I tested the parts and I think they are AWESOME!

But I have a doubt: I noticed a thougher RCS module (there are two outputs on each direction). But the common one has been doubled, each with an unique name but sharing the SAME specs?

I thought I could just delete the folders of the parts I wasn't interested in. But is it possible? In many cases, different parts share the same .cfg. How do I circumvent this? Only by editing each of the .cfg files?

Edited by jlcarneiro
Clarify question

What a shame... I tested the parts and I think they are AWESOME!

But I have a doubt: I noticed a thougher RCS module (there are two outputs on each direction). But the common one has been doubled, each with an unique name but sharing the SAME specs?

I thought I could just delete the folders of the parts I wasn't interested in. But is it possible? In many cases, different parts share the same .cfg. How do I circumvent this? Only by editing each of the .cfg files?

What part's are having problems?

The RCS thruster issue could be caused by the load order of the cfg's, but they shouldn't be doing that... I'll look into it.

Unfortunately, It isn't possible to remove any specific part because the parts share from several large texture maps, and removing that map removes it for all the parts that use it. However, in the next update, I'll be putting the extra parts cfg files in a separate folder for easy removal. Hopefully that will help with that problem.

For now, you'll need to edit the cfg's manually (deleting whole entries as necessary).

And to those who wonder about my absence, here's what I've been working on :

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I think the size (mb) of the mod is getting smaller...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.