Technical Dynamics - Minotaur-C, PAGEOS WIP

gooddog15

• 2 weeks later...

I was bored today, so I started to model the Astris.

heres what I got currently:

SGinZSH.png

I still have to make the vernier engine mounts (which will be a nightmare) and fuel lines (also a nightmare) connecting to the engines

I also made a interstage connecting the coralie and bluestreak stages (although I don't have pics of it)

also, also, also, the RZ2 is going to wait, as it's texture looks horrible, and I like to the engine mount + the two engine combo. however, in the future, a fasa-type mount will be introduced.

edit: here be the ye interstage:

vLz50l9.png

nothing here be interestin'. Arr

Also, I'm going with a radius of 1.6m for the Coralie/astris. Don't know if I should make it 1.8m instead though.

Edited by gooddog15

So, today I got both the bluestreak engine mount and fuel tank working in game finally.

here's a test flight:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

It needs more work, such as the adjustment of the engine mounts top node, doing a bit of a overhaul of both of the parts textures, game balancing, getting potentially accurately scaled thrust values and all of that other jazz, along with creating a bluestreak missile probe core/nosecone part and a slightly modified fuel tank texture.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to say this, but work on this has been stopped.

The reason why this mod has been temporary discontinued, is due to my harddrive deciding to croak recently. I literally lost eveything, including models, textures, CFG's, the programs I used to create them with, ect. It will take some time to get a new hard drive, installing windows, and installing all the programs I need.

However, it wasn't a total loss, I didn't really work on it since October. I can easily remake everything at this point.

After all, it was the experience that counts. :)

What are my plans after this fiasco is over?

Well, I will be focusing mainly on the Europa-1. After thats complete, along with the Europa 2/TA/HE, i want to focus on something like the scout, thor, or minotaur launch vehicles.

Void

Edited by gooddog15
Errors

• 3 months later...

I'm back! :)

Javascript is disabled. View full album

2/7/2015
If you've stumbled into this thread in the past, you may have remembered that I was working on the Europa family of rockets (from real life and Eyes Turned Skywards). Well I'm not going to develop it for this mod anymore, and instead it will integrated into the Eyes Turned Skywards mod, If I will completely rebuilt it. As for the other things that I was making, they will still be apart of this mod, however the original assets (along with the Europas) were lost when my hard drive died. They are going to come back little bit later.

Also, unlike other modders out there, development will be off and on for the next few months due to IRL. Don't be surprised if there will be nothing for a few weeks.

Anyways, I'm back in action and I'm happy about it

Edited by gooddog15

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We haven't even got past 1 page before this happened again.

So, my computer, as sadistic as its become, has once again puked its lights out, not even 5 months after it was last fixed. I wasn't really surprised that this happened, as I've started to save up for a newer nicer computer.

So, as you may have guessed, this mod has been temporarily discontinued, and all the goodies I've started to make have been lost.

I'll try to get a new computer and get back to speed either this summer or a little bit after 1.0 drops (if thats going to happen within the timeframe).

That's a bit of a bugger and why I started putting my assets folder in dropbox, after the last HDD failure I just needed to resync the new install and everything was back

Good luck getting your computer issues sorted :\

That's a bit of a bugger and why I started putting my assets folder in dropbox, after the last HDD failure I just needed to resync the new install and everything was back

Good luck getting your computer issues sorted :\

Thanks.

In hindsight, I should have backed up everything on a flash drive. Could have saved me in the long run.

• 1 month later...
I'll try to get a new computer and get back to speed either this summer or a little bit after 1.0 drops (if thats going to happen within the timeframe).

I'm back!! and I'm here faster than I thought I would!

I've got a new slightly faster and more powerful laptop, and I've got everything set up for modding.

Also, I've nearly finished the model for the SR-19 (Minotaur-1/LGM-30 Minuteman 2nd stage)

WbsnvDe.png

XIu8Nsw.png

Also new secret evil plans:

Minotaur-I (in progress)

LGM-30 Minuteman I/II/III parts (?)

Minotaur-V

Modular Common Spacecraft Bus (aka LADEE/ PADME)

Sharks with laser eyes

Evil mountain base

Take over world (plan A)

Get rid of secret agent who keeps foiling my plans

escape pod (plan B)

Edited by gooddog15

Wow...stylish and impressive!

Future update possibilities: with an Orion-50S and these parts you can make Pegasus. Add a Castor-120, and you get Taurus/Minotaur-C! With Castor-120 under a new Castor-30, and you get Athena I, and with two Castor-120s under that Castor-30, you get Athena II! Castor-30 on top of a new kerosene-fuel core, gets you Antares, which could bee made more flexible by a new Star-48 kick stage. Castor-120 under two new stages and that Star-48 gets you Minotaur IV. Add a Star-37 you get Minotaur V!

Even further-er in the future: two or four Castor-120's surrounding a high-energy core, plus a high-energy upper stage, and you got HIIA, or HIIB!

So these Minuteman/Minotaur parts, are they proper solid fueled with thrust cutoff features, or are they liquid fueled lookalikes?

they will be the proper solid fueled SRB's with said cutoff features.

Wow...stylish and impressive!

Future update possibilities: with an Orion-50S and these parts you can make Pegasus. Add a Castor-120, and you get Taurus/Minotaur-C! With Castor-120 under a new Castor-30, and you get Athena I, and with two Castor-120s under that Castor-30, you get Athena II! Castor-30 on top of a new kerosene-fuel core, gets you Antares, which could bee made more flexible by a new Star-48 kick stage. Castor-120 under two new stages and that Star-48 gets you Minotaur IV. Add a Star-37 you get Minotaur V!

Even further-er in the future: two or four Castor-120's surrounding a high-energy core, plus a high-energy upper stage, and you got HIIA, or HIIB!

Thanks.

also, those future update possibilities are completely doable. Not including the HIIA/HIIB/Antares, this would come out to be at least a manageable 6-10 parts. I was already thinking about doing the pegasus, and the HIIA/HIIB would be a pretty interesting project. Thanks for suggesting!

Aww yiss.

Now we only need a silo to launch from

I swear there was one a loooong time ago for KerbTown (retro KSP mod! Kerbal Konstruct's predecessor, or thingy that came before it), we always could bring it back to life...

I have a question for some of you, how would it feel if the SR19/Orion50XL/Orion38 was 0.625m and the M55 was somewhere between that and 1.25m?

This would make the Pegasus (once I've made that) easier to deploy in flight at the expense of payload size.

Also I'm thinking of calling the Minotaur rocket family Ceres.

Oh, and to make this post somewhat more interesting:

vUVB8y4.png

also realized that the word "Launch" is misspelled.

Edit: how about I make the M55 1.25m and the rest .850m?

Edited by gooddog15

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.