[1.2 - 1.4] Modular Rocket Systems v1.13.2 (2018-03-12) - Stock-alike Parts Pack

NecroBones

MRS Nose Cone, 1.25m Rounded (NBnoseRounded) has a node in the wrong direction:

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.5, 0.0, 0.0, 1, 0.0, 1

Shut be:

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.5, 0.0, 0.0, -1, 0.0, 1

Which version of the mod do you have? It's correct on my side.

EDIT: I was looking at the wrong one. Fixed for the next update. Thanks!

Edited by NecroBones

Updated for 1.0.1 & 1.0.2:

1.6.2 (2015-05-01) - More 1.0 tweaks + 1.0.1 compatibility
- Adjusted max-temps on engines to be more stock-like.
- Fixed the "Hound" engine's description to no longer say "Terrier".
- Adjusted the Guidance Nose Cone to have slightly less torque, and increased electrical usage.
- Improved gimbal on several engines.
- Adjusted heat generation on rocket engines to correspond to KSP 1.0.1 changes.
- Adjusted all engine thrust numbers to correspond to KSP 1.0.1 changes.
- Fixed the attachment node on the 1.25m "rounded" nose cone.
- Added "drag box" settings for cargo bays.
- Converted textures to DDS format.

Hi

I want to report, that the Reaction Wheel modules get not attachted in the VAB instead the node vanishes and you need to remove the part to see a new one. There are other parts effectd as well but cant remeber.

Thanks

there is a typo in "ModRocketSys\Parts\StructuralAero\NBflatAdapter2m\part.cfg"

mmaxTemp = 2200

shut be

maxTemp = 2200

Cool, thanks! I have it fixed for the next update.

Hi

I want to report, that the Reaction Wheel modules get not attachted in the VAB instead the node vanishes and you need to remove the part to see a new one. There are other parts effectd as well but cant remeber.

Thanks

I'm not quite sure what you mean. I haven't seen anything with nodes vanishing. Though I have seen that some combinations of parts, such as taking the same reaction wheel and stacking multiple copies of it, sometimes gets a little picky about the placement, and you just have to lower the mouse cursor a little before it'll light up green and will "stick". I haven't found a pattern to those yet, other than maybe the VAB might be getting picky about collision meshes perfectly touching at the ends.

It's possible you're seeing a bad mod interaction or something. Unless what you're seeing is what I described above, which still works if you play with it a bit. :)

Hi

I mean when you select the part the node is there, then you want to attacht it to the other part, so it gets greenish, then instead of getting attached, the node on the RW disapears.

Hope this helps

There is some issue with "dragCoeff" and "deflectionLiftCoeff" in NBpylonAero0, NBpylonAero1 and NBpylonAero2!

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'ModRocketSys/Parts/StructuralAero/NBpylonAero/part0/NBpylonAero0'

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

PartLoader Warning: Variable dragCoeff not found in Part

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

PartLoader Warning: Variable deflectionLiftCoeff not found in Part

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'ModRocketSys/Parts/StructuralAero/NBpylonAero/part1/NBpylonAero1'

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'ModRocketSys/Parts/StructuralAero/NBpylonAero/part2/NBpylonAero2'

I mean when you select the part the node is there, then you want to attacht it to the other part, so it gets greenish, then instead of getting attached, the node on the RW disapears.

It's possible we're talking about the same thing. Though if the node is going away altogether, that might be a KSP bug. KSP 1.0 changed a lot with how attachment nodes work, and what it enforces, particularly with regard to bottom nodes.

However, have you seen the same behavior on other "thin" parts, like the docking helpers, stack decouplers, or flat adapters? It turns out that the attachment priority can make the nodes interfere with each other if they overlap. In stock parts, they "solved" this by reversing their definition order in the configs. I never did that, so my thinner parts are sometimes not wanting to stick on nicely.

I'm fixing this for a bunch of parts for the next update, by reversing the node order. I'm hoping this solves your problem too. :)

There is some issue with "dragCoeff" and "deflectionLiftCoeff" in NBpylonAero0, NBpylonAero1 and NBpylonAero2!

Yeah, I think I'm going to take those settings out. Most of those settings are obsolete now under the new aerodynamics, especially since they're not control surfaces.

Edited by NecroBones

The quad nuke engine is putting out 55kn at vacuum. The 1.25 meter stock version does 60kn at vacuum. Is this intended behavior? I figured the 2.5m version would be 4x the power.

You're just a version behind. :) For 1.0, the "Max Thrust" values were all switched around to use the sea-level thrust, instead of vacuum thrust, which is the 55 you're seeing. For 1.0.1 and 1.0.2, they re-scaled it back, so I restored the thrust to 240 in MRS 1.6.2, so you'll just want to make sure you're using that version.

You're just a version behind. :) For 1.0, the "Max Thrust" values were all switched around to use the sea-level thrust, instead of vacuum thrust, which is the 55 you're seeing. For 1.0.1 and 1.0.2, they re-scaled it back, so I restored the thrust to 240 in MRS 1.6.2, so you'll just want to make sure you're using that version.

Similar question about the Quad: It no longer consumes Oxidizer? As I type this i realise i need to get v1.6.2, but is this "normal"? =P

There is an error in "NBlandingLeg1":

model = NBlandingLeg1

shut be

mesh = NBlandingLeg1.mu

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'ModRocketSys/Parts/LandingLegs/NBlandingLeg1/NBlandingLeg1/NBlandingLeg1'
PartLoader Warning: Variable model not found in Part
PartLoader Warning: Variable animationName not found in Part

Just wondering. This mod isn't in the Mods for v1 list. Are there plans for an update soon so you'd wait to have it there, or is it an oversight? I'd give the list updater a headsup but if there's a reason this mod isn't there yet, then I'd rather you did.

Just wondering. This mod isn't in the Mods for v1 list. Are there plans for an update soon so you'd wait to have it there, or is it an oversight? I'd give the list updater a headsup but if there's a reason this mod isn't there yet, then I'd rather you did.

Nope, must be an oversight. I wasn't aware of the list even existing. :)

Thank you for this very good mod.

It is the backbone of my program.

Are there any plans to release a Modular Fuel Tanks config for MRS?

The additional functionality would be very useful.

Thank you for your time.

Awesome, thanks :)

Thank you for this very good mod.

It is the backbone of my program.

Are there any plans to release a Modular Fuel Tanks config for MRS?

The additional functionality would be very useful.

Thank you for your time.

Thanks, glad you like it! :) I haven't looked at MFT yet, no, but it's certainly possible. I'll have to see what it does.

Update available:

1.6.3 (2015-05-08) - Fixes & 1.0.2 tweaks
- Fixed a configuration typo for the 2.5m flat adapter.
- Fixed a configuration typo for the long landing leg.
- Reversed the attachment node priority order for extremely thin parts (docking helpers, decouplers, reaction wheels, flat adapters) so that they attach more easily.
- Updated "Community Tech Tree" support for compatibility with CTT's new design.
- Minor tweaks to the "drag cubes" for the cargo bays.
- Reduced mass of 2.5m dome nose cone.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.