[0.16 ish] The Truss Pack - Rugged parts for any eventuality! *2.0 NEARING RELEASE!*

Sherbetlemons

kBMOY.jpg

ANphK.jpg

7M63Q.jpg

*NOTE* - I'm currently designing 'Truss 2.0', or a Beta release, or whatever I eventually feel like calling it. There are a few known issues with this pack's compatibility with the current version of KSP, issues which ARE being fixed in the new version but won't be retroactively fixed in this release, as it will be completely replaced by the new one. That new version has rectangular/square section beams, so won't be very visually compatible with parts release thus far. All parts made so far will be redone with the new beams, or replaced with a more adaptable alternative.

Again, a disclaimer: there are few bugs with this release, such as portraits not showing up with the pod part. It's not game breaking, and AFAIK it won't do anything unpleasant with your persistance file, but the effort to fix it would detract from the progress of 2.0. (Basically, if you're looking for a polished version, this isn't it).

.rar;

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/68475930/TrussPackALPHAv0.1.3.rar

.zip;

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/68475930/TrussPackALPHAv0.1.3.zip

If link doesn't work, please say so...

Shouldn't break KSP, but if it does, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

I proudly (read: tentatively) announce my first mod pack project - the Truss Pack (subject to name changes!)

Well, simply put, I saw that while there were plenty of \'structural\' parts in mod packs, there didn\'t seem to be any packs devoted to them. This pack may yet diverge, but it\'s main focus is going to be parts like this.

The stock parts and MechJeb both feature in the images above, so thanks again to Harv/Mrbrownce, and r4m0n/CardBoardBoxProcessor! (I presumed consent; notify me if otherwise, and I will modify/remove accordingly)

Oh, and if mods think the images should be spoilered, I'll do so :P

Ideas are more than welcome, they're wanted!

Edited by Sherbetlemons

The parts shown? perhaps a day or so. They\'re gonna be a little rough around the edges, and the textures... well, they\'re functional, like everything else :P

Yay! Must... Make... SPACE FACTORY!!!

In all honesty I am loving what I see! Good on ya!

These parts look epic! You should definitely work on some plugins for it aswell... Eg one that spawns it in space. I\'m sure that the modding community will help if you want to. ;)

Will definitely be using when you release the models!

ME GUSTA

Seriously , I love the look of these parts. They will be perfect for moon-base building and other orbital infrastructure. Also , not nearly enougth packs have radial tanks and engines in them , ive been dying for some small LFEs and RCS tanks.

I\'m planning on making a few different variants of the radial RCS tanks, mostly just for visual variety. I might do that with other radial modules. The first radial liquid tank I\'m planning on putting together will be 0.5 meter ones that stick out a bit, and have nodes up and down to attach stuff. In theory, it\'ll be great for cargo landers. Might work in a little radial decoupler later on. But the core parts of the pack are meant to look better with all sorts of stuff bolted to them ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.