What's the funniest thing you've ever built in KSP?

Clockwork13

Using novapunch 5m parts I made a spacestation/kethane refinery/fuel depot for beyond kerbin orbit. A huge beast with 4 large docking arms and I didn't want to bother with docking so I launched it in one piece. Oh,did I say that it was mobile with 4 nerva novapunch engines.

The Street Sweeper, a large boat/car that would manually clear the KSC of debris.

How 2 manually terminate debris:

1) Launch the Street Sweeper

2) Drive to the debris

3) Park directly over the target

4) Decouple a fuel tank (it holds 2)

5) Sepratrons will ignite

6) Fuel tank slams into the debris

Mission accomplished!

http://imgur.com/a/5taUY#0

In terms of sheer absurdity, my Duna return mission.

It became a fine example of mission creep. I literally could not get enough fuel out there to get a lander back, so ended up putting two fuel storage stations, three landers, and a kethane refinery system to create the fuel on-site to get them back home.

Currently building a 156-tonne 241-Kerbal FAR spaceliner in B9 and procedural wings that:

A: Is supermaneuverable in the technical definition of the term. It can do Kulbits and Pugachev's Cobra easily without using cockpit torque. This may cause severe nausea for Jeb's 240 unlucky victims.

B: Becomes more stable with speed. Yes, below mach 1, it is neutrally stable for a wide range of angles, but above mach 1, it's center of lift actually moves BACKWARD.

WOW. Without even adding a nuclear engine, the thing would be easily capable of a 1-way trip to Laythe with many tonnes of extra jet fuel to fly around on Laythe with (although it wouldn't need it to land, it is an amazing glider and can turn on a dime).

Edited by Pds314

I don't have pics, but once I made a land-based aircraft carrier using B9 5 and some mod with monster wheels. It was the length of the width of the runway, but I never landed anything on it...

Completely off topic but that gif in your signature is hilarious. I now want someone to make a mod that gives Kerbals balloon javelins :D

Belphegor: What is the thing with the orange tank and the lots of wheels, and how did you make the racing car's front wheels float ahead like that?

hi cantab, the thing with the orange tank is a slightly over-engineered refueler for my kerbin vehicles.. but it took forever to get somewhere so i strapped a jet to it..

2wp585l.jpg

i'm not sure what you mean with the 'front wheels floating ahead'... here is the .craft file maybe it helps

http://filebin.ca/1ZW35ebosYAl/fueltruck.craft

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.