Component Space Shuttle V 5.0.1 (July 14, 2013)

Cepheus

Hey um... I encountered a problem. The IFE booster doesn't load for me. It's responding (the game), but it's not loading. Also, do I replace the default launch clamps with the CSS launch clamps, or do I rename the default clamps (same thing with the small gear bays)? Can someone please tell me?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Alright, everyone. Now that the forums are back up, we can get back to work.

First order of business, I don't remember who was on the testing team. If you were, shoot me a PM, and I'll give you an update.

Next up, I've done a considerable amount of work on the stack: the ET is 100% functional. It'll decouple now. I've also removed the bumpmaps. They were a bit crazy.

Last, the shuttle sort-of glides. All I've needed to do to make it fully functional as an airplane is add a couple jet engines, and add a two winglets to balance the CoL. I do not, however, know how to fix the wings completely.

As for other things, the ET now attaches properly, Struts now fix wobbliness. You can add that node part to the cargo bay. The cargo bay does not open in the VAB. The landing gear wheels still don't work.

Alright, that's about it for now.

First order of business, I don't remember who was on the testing team. If you were, shoot me a PM, and I'll give you an update.

Next up, I've done a considerable amount of work on the stack: the ET is 100% functional. It'll decouple now. I've also removed the bumpmaps. They were a bit crazy.

Last, the shuttle sort-of glides. All I've needed to do to make it fully functional as an airplane is add a couple jet engines, and add a two winglets to balance the CoL. I do not, however, know how to fix the wings completely.

As for other things, the ET now attaches properly, Struts now fix wobbliness. You can add that node part to the cargo bay. The cargo bay does not open in the VAB. The landing gear wheels still don't work.

Awesome!! I'm excited for this :sticktongue:

you should try asking ferram4 he knows a lot about aerodynamics and could maybe help you fix them if he has the time

Oh god I remember that Bebop, I saw it on Adult Swim not long ago. I definitely was thinking of KSP watching that, all the orbital talk made me smile. The JATO rocket takeoff was cool too.

http://youtu.be/USCDuijW6j4?t=7m40s

That's essentially how i'm testing the flight of this guy. (skip to 7:40)

I have never seen this cartoon but after watching this, well, at first it seemed childish but then the realism just made me fall in love with it. The additional frontal engines to stabilize lift, the external tank inside the cargo bay, orbits-amazing for a cartoon I think.

There's a small chance that I'll be working with a modeler on a Dream Chaser.

The guy was working on it for Orbiter, and offered me the chance to be part of it. Also DON'T ASK ABOUT RELEASE.

Really? It seems pretty cool, and I'm all for working on things- and that's something I'd like to work on.

I need to learn how this game works, now that my semester's over. I have TONS of free time now. I'm going to try and get these wings working on the CSS. I want to release this sucker already.