[WIP] Dreamer - SNC Dream Chaser - Download Available!

artwhaley

I'm considering moving the hatch to the very top... and possibly adding a cargo bay.

The top hatch is accurate to the original... the cargo bay isn't... but might be a fun item to have... and would give detail to the biggest, most boring part of the model.

Helix... I hope to get better at texturing as I go forward... and I'll keep updating it. It's way better than my last attempt, I promise. :)

oh i hope i didn't offend you, i meant it to be friendly constructive criticism in the hopes that you can improve :D

but still keep up the great work

mech_engr - I'd LOVE help with the texturing! I'll shoot you a PM to talk about details.

Helix - no offense taken at all! The whole reason for posting a WIP is to get feedback on what others see, because when you've been staring at a model for a few days the things that look good-enough to you may jump out at someone else as obviously in need of work.... and vice versa - the things you feel like you just can't get right may be the things others love. I definitely took it as constructive! :)

Art

I for one have no problem with Kerbal liberties. This is truly a wonderful looking ship. However I have to agree with the consensus thus far it does look a little too big. I don't know if its the pictures and the angles you have chosen but, from what I have seen it looks too big. The other thing I recommend is adding little things to the outside to make it pop. Some textures, logos, greeblys (little non useful things and pieces) to add accent and scale. The textures look a little too plain right now. I understand this is a WIP progress and I apologize if you have more planned. However like I said this looks wonderful and I can't wait to play with. I think what you do need to focus on is the scaling it does seem quite large. If thats what you are going for then leave it exactly the way it is. If you are truly going for a dream chaser idea then it needs be smaller.

Nothing of note yet, but I'm hoping for exciting updates soon! I did a bit of cleanup on the model - dealing with the cargo bay and moving the hatch to the top. Mech_engr is working on a completely new texture for it. As soon as he's done with that I'll get it split back up and put together in Unity and get a test version up here for people to play with!

Art

Nothing of note yet, but I'm hoping for exciting updates soon! I did a bit of cleanup on the model - dealing with the cargo bay and moving the hatch to the top. Mech_engr is working on a completely new texture for it. As soon as he's done with that I'll get it split back up and put together in Unity and get a test version up here for people to play with!

Art

Best update ever!

The exact fuel capacity is going to depend on how the weight gets tweaked to make the aerodynamics work. It will be based on the delta v for common missions. I don't want it to be unrealistically awesome, but I do want it to be newbie friendly. .. To me that mean it at least needs to be capable of something like a 500 m/s circularization, 100 m/s inclination adjustment, 150 m/s transfer, and 200 m/s deorbit. It seems that puts it pretty close to the deltaV required to capture, dock, then return from the Mun, if the launch vehicle made the initial transfer burn and you carefully planned the munar orbit's inclination.

Anyone have thoughts on what they'd want it to do?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.