[WIP] Basic Resource V1 Karbon Edition

lowaltitude

Description

Basic Resource adds new resources and gameplay changing features including life support and waste collection

Current Features

New resources

New parts (using Squad models)

Life Support

Planned Features

Download Options

Download links coming soon guys!

FAQ and other Questions

Q: When will you update the mod?

A: The mod is being developed by a small team led by me and we will attempt to update the mod on a weekly basis if nothing new is ready we are not going to push it through the development process, developing mods takes time

Changelog

Spoiler

Credits

*Lowaltitude Resources, Parts

*Okbillybunnyface Plugin

*Squad

Installation Instructions

Uninstall older versions as they clash with the new version

Download Basic Resource from one of the links provided

Extract the Basic Resource folder to your GameData directory

Close all folders and run KSP

Feedback and Suggestions

feel free to post any feedback or suggestions below

Edited by lowaltitude
Revived

Hi, don't want to sounds rough but except "a mod that will change how the gameplay feels in Kerbal space program" (is there something more ?) , your mod doesn't bring nothing new from already existing resource(s) mod like Kethane and Karbonite.

So, instead of adding a new mod that's do the exact same thing (scanning, map of resources, mining, converting, storing, using) the exact same way as these mods, why not better contributing to them in a way or another ?

I understand when i started making this mod i originally thought of contributing to Kethane and Karbonite.However Kethane is not very modder friendly and i am not thinking of ading scanning or other features like Karbonite this mod is designed to add resources and contribute to enhancing the gameplay not just changing it for example a new propellant for Jet Engines which makes them perform better,A new form of Science Experiment and other small but very noticable changes but thank you for the feedback it is much apprieciated also you were very kind in your reply and i will admit this is my first mod so it might not become as well known as Kethane and Karbonite

ok sorry about that I haven't touched Kethane since its first release

EDIT: what I meant was that when I had seen all of the plugins involved in Both Karbonite and Kethane I decided I wanted to make a mod with less plugins that would be an alternative to Kethane and Karbonite

Edited by lowaltitude

Kethane is not modder friendly? Right now it has an even more open license than Karbonite...

Well, except that you can't use any art/fx (as I understand it) or make any modifications to the grid code. Karbonite or ORS are much better candidates for modding unless you're really attached to the scanning grid Kethane uses

Sorry, don't want to drag this off topic, so I'll end my dragging here, and just point to this blog post explaining it; there is an open, derivable version of the grid code, it's just not the latest one Majiir wrote; as for the assets, yes, you can't reuse Kethane assets, but that shouldn't be a big deal if what you're making is a resource mining *plugin* (you can use various open assets).

lowaltitude: good luck! (And I mean that not the least bit facetiously either!) :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys as some people who check out my mod page you will know that a couple things have changed on the page some more things will change soon and I would like to say there will soon be more people helping me work on the Basic Resource Mod (they haven't got forum accounts yet but they will soon

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everybody, I am working with lowaltitude on this mod, as i am one of the devs/testers/his friends irl. if you have any suggestions, feel free to ask him or myself. I also have a Youtube channel, just type in the name you see on google of bing or something else and you will see me! Stay Frosty

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all, Several things have happened over the last two months i would like to state that this mod is not dead it is being worked on by the team currently, Second of all i would like to welcome Fire Striker our newest member of the team and, Finally a small status update on the mod we are going to begin work on the new version soon and are going to be focusing on fully implementing the life support feature, however we need your help with providing feedback to us.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.