custom engine producing no thrust

tychodin

so this is my first custom part. i'm creating a radially attached engine, and i just used the Rockomax Mark 55 cfg file as a template. and while the tooltip in game says the part is producing 80kN of thrust, the craft doesn't go anywhere, and it's acting like there's no actual thrust. here's a link to the cfg file:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1091702/part.cfg

what am i missing here?

You can change it in the cfg file itself here, right?

thrustVectorTransformName = thrustTransform

Anyways, you should add empty gameobject in unity, position it so the Z axis (i think) would be a direction of the exhaust, name it as specified in the .cfg file, and you are done!

Thrust transform is where the exhaust FX come out and the directions the Engine pushes. I make thrustTransform empty (pointing in the right direction) in unity to be free of blender-unity import problems. I think the blue one is the correct direction (was it z?). Anything under the thrustTransform node in the hierarchy will be moved when the engine is gimballed. Gimbal angle is set on config.

"thrustTransform" can be of any name BUT it should be set on the config with the name you used as stated above a couple posts back.

ok so i tried making an empty single arrow pointing in the correct direction, but it's still not picking it up. the .dae file has the transform node

<node id="thrustTransform" name="thrustTransform" type="NODE">

<matrix sid="transform">1 4.15965e-16 0 0 0 0.4871138 -0.8733385 0 -4.15965e-16 0.8733385 0.4871138 0 0 0 0 1</matrix>

</node>

so i'm not sure what the issue is. i don't have unity installed, so i'll keep looking for a blender solution for now.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.