Devnote Tuesdays: The "Walt Doesn't Make Blue Keth" Edition

SQUAD

Yep. Internal Space is a separate coordinate system, where the vessel is static both in translation and rotation. That means for anything inside IVA space, the coordinates of things from the outside world have to be converted to the IVA coordinate frame. The navball and its vectors are by far the most complicated objects in there, as you can imagine.

Vector math is fun, but it can be a major headache sometimes.

Cheers

Woah, it never occured to me how much you have to get your head around of some Tools to make them functional.

Never thought the Navball could be that complicated.

Yupp! The engines I named in the following manner "liquidEngine[modelnumber]" so the LV-T30 is "liquidEngineLV-T30". The bonus of this is that they are also ordered pretty sensibly now in the in-game part menu as well as that orders them as they're loaded alphabetically folder-by-folder.

Please clarify here: you've renamed only folders and .cfgs, or you also edited "name" string in .cfg? Because former would affect only mods that use stock assets (like KSPX or SXT), but the latter would mean total wipeout of all saves and crafts.

Please clarify here: you've renamed only folders and .cfgs, or you also edited "name" string in .cfg? Because former would affect only mods that use stock assets (like KSPX or SXT), but the latter would mean total wipeout of all saves and crafts.

Oh not at all, only renamed the files and directories themselves, not touched the name fields.

Yupp! The engines I named in the following manner "liquidEngine[modelnumber]" so the LV-T30 is "liquidEngineLV-T30". The bonus of this is that they are also ordered pretty sensibly now in the in-game part menu as well as that orders them as they're loaded alphabetically folder-by-folder.

Y U NO USE "subcategory" field for the sorting?!

5510_256.jpg

Awesome, there needs to be a Donate Pizza button

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.