Devnote Tuesdays: The "Walt Doesn't Make Blue Keth" Edition

SQUAD

We have a butler handling finances, a junior accountant in a lab suit, and a guy in a hazmat suit handling public relations? Kinda dumb, guys. :/

Mortimer and Linus make sense. Mortimer looks like a wealthy accountant, Linus is obviously a member of the science department. Walt is the only one that doesn't make much sense, but hey, HAZMAT suits

.26 update

I demand kerpaint!!!!

I'm sorry Squad.

I know your doing the best you can.

Really this is just my personal opinion but kerbpaint being made stock is really all I could ask for (that and some new planets).

I was upset at first but I have found a way to see the silver lining in .25

He's being facetious.

Actually he's being pedantic...

Yupp! The engines I named in the following manner "liquidEngine[modelnumber]" so the LV-T30 is "liquidEngineLV-T30". The bonus of this is that they are also ordered pretty sensibly now in the in-game part menu as well as that orders them as they're loaded alphabetically folder-by-folder.

Nice! That's useful for all my little engine tweaks, and will make it much easier to change them to fit my balance sheet when 0.25 hits... Thanks Ted!!

A lot of people are suggesting that this project that the art team are working on for 0.26 is going to be part of destructible buildings... I really hope it isn't; I'd hope it's a rework of the planet's surfaces, which would add more interesting features... Some of the large planets like Tylo or Eve are such a PITA to work with, and once you get there, they are really kinda boring... Just a really plain surface with no features... Better ground scatter, more anomalies and terrain features, and a nicer/more varied surface texture for planets please!

Edited by Random Tank

Hmmm...I wonder if they caught variants of this bug like how in the space-center you click through to the various buildings when using the debug menu.

That one is almost as annoying as the VAB thing :)

He is actually working on this one :) Can't confirm as to whether a fix is in or not, but it's decent news, nonetheless.

It's great that development is going well!!! But I believe squad is breaking their own rule with that title?

2.2 Forbidden content

Messages which contain, discuss or link to the following are explicitly forbidden:

C. Adult content, such as nudity, sexually suggestive or explicit images, gore and drugs;

Is Keth not a reference to drugs???

Anyways thank you for the progress update.

I don't know, do you?

As for me, not really - they could argue it's short for Kethane. Or that referencing a popular TV show is hardly containing, discussing or linking to drugs.

The description for Breaking bad? A Teacher who cooks and sells *Censored* for money to pay for his cancer treatment? Not linking to drugs at all when that's all the show's about... Now want to keep arguing and get this thread locked? They broke their own rules no matter how you want to argue otherwise.

Or that referencing a popular TV show is hardly containing, discussing or linking to drugs.

This. It's 100% a reference to a popular tv show which our new Kerbal, Walt, also references. Personal merits, stories, endorsements, debate or any other issues pertaining to 2.2 are not intended with the title. It is an indirect reference to a somewhat major and unavoidable plot device when talking about Breaking Bad. Good looking out, though Fleet Master.

Samssonart's note broke my brain though. The vectors are different on the IVA navball somehow?

Yep. Internal Space is a separate coordinate system, where the vessel is static both in translation and rotation. That means for anything inside IVA space, the coordinates of things from the outside world have to be converted to the IVA coordinate frame. The navball and its vectors are by far the most complicated objects in there, as you can imagine.

Vector math is fun, but it can be a major headache sometimes.

Cheers

Yep. Internal Space is a separate coordinate system, where the vessel is static both in translation and rotation. That means for anything inside IVA space, the coordinates of things from the outside world have to be converted to the IVA coordinate frame.

You're goddamn right.

(thought I'd continue the BB references)

Yep. Internal Space is a separate coordinate system, where the vessel is static both in translation and rotation. That means for anything inside IVA space, the coordinates of things from the outside world have to be converted to the IVA coordinate frame. The navball and its vectors are by far the most complicated objects in there, as you can imagine.

Vector math is fun, but it can be a major headache sometimes.

Cheers

That must be why NavyFish said he was having trouble implementing DPAI on RPM. He said he couldn't control from the docking port while in IVA.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.