• Duna
    • Moho
    • Eeloo
    • Dres
    • Tylo
    • Laythe
    • Vall

Kerbin.

A place Kerbals will always call home even if they travel to the edge of the Kerbol System.

The Earth is the only world known, so far, to harbor life. There is nowhere else, at least in the near future, to which our species could migrate. Visit, yes. Settle, not yet. Like it or not, for the moment, the Earth is where we make our stand. It has been said that astronomy is a humbling and character-building experience. There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.

â€â€Carl Sagan, Pale Blue Dot: A Vision of the Human Future in Space

Same for Kerbals. Kerbin is their true home. Even if the universe is their home, they were all born in Kerbin.

Edited by deepspacecreeper

I'm having a tough time choosing which one, so I quess i'll just make a list instead.

Minmus - Great for low gravity shenanigans, and is just around the corner

Gilly - Even lower gravity shenanigans, in addition to awesome views. Also, its the first thing outside of the kerbin system that I've landed on

Laythe - I've never been there, it looks pretty awesome, plus and oxygenated atmosphere is cool

Bop - Although I've only been able to get there because of Alternis Kerbol, I absolutely love how creepy it is!

Duna, because of the mid game fun and challenge. Also, in anticipation of an art pass and more biomes, it will be a near future possibility like Mars. It provides all the challenges of light atmosphere as well as the time it takes to get there. Also, a good chance to enjoy some different sorts of Easter Eggs.

Peace.

• 2 weeks later...
Say again please I don't understand

lol, the poll option for Vall, is listed as Vall

Vall

Vall

that *obviously* is why Vall isn't in first, because its harder to see than the other normally typed options....

Twas but a joke my good sir.

Tylo is my favorite planet because it's such a challenge to land on. I enjoy challenges, and for my YouTube channel I actually built a base on the surface of Tylo! I've also made an SSTO that can go to Tylo and back, but it uses a detachable lander for the actual descent to the surface.

I'm surprised nobody else chose Tylo yet! It's even more lonely than Dres, it seems! It's also fun driving rovers around on Tylo because of its high gravity.

I chose Tylo! I wonder who the third person that voted Tylo is. It's such an awesome planet with it's hellish 8m/s^2 gravity and 2km/s orbital velocity.

lol, the poll option for Vall, is listed as Vall

Vall

Vall

that *obviously* is why Vall isn't in first, because its harder to see than the other normally typed options....

Twas but a joke my good sir.

ok sorry i dint realize it was a joke sorry

• 4 months later...

Duna, because:

- Atmosphere, not just another suicide burn to land

- A very thin one at that, so not just a matter of using chutes for easy mode

- Semi-close to kerbin so it's easy to get to

- A large moon close by

Whenever i start a new save, it's one of the first places i work on other than the standard sample-return-trip, as i often work on colonizing it.

Dres comes a sa close second, as it's large and far enough away to be a challenge while still being fun. Also, i see it as a gateway to jool and eeloo, and GP2 whenever that comes along.

I'm not much for regular jet flying, so laythe doesn't score that many points with me.

Jool for all it's moons and lots to do there. The infamous Jool-5 is the perfect example.

(I hope GP2 will have anything from 3-7 moons, assuming we ever get a GP2)

Other than that DUNA. I wish for the terrain to be a bit more... challenging, but it's still interesting (just enough gravity, an atmosphere and the odd mountain/canyon.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.