The Grand 0.25 Discussion Thread

SQUAD

...I had quicksaved right before impact! ... but the parachutes were gone when I reloaded it.

I have seen the parachutes being gone after reloading in v23.5, so that is probably not a new bug. My policy is to quicksave before deorbiting, as the missing parachute issue only seems to show up when you restore from a deployed state (and you can always repack the parachutes in orbit).

KSP servers are giving errors, so I think I'll play 0.24.2 instead of pining for 0.25 tonight.

Downloaded it, waste of an update.

We are playing with parts that have been out for a VERY long time (spaceplaneone).

And now we have nice looking stock parts. That we've already been playing with them a long time means NOTHING.

I suppose I should be thankful you don't get to make decisions for Squad.

Tried to initiate another download to see if I'd get any better speeds:

Warning: session_start(): The session id is too long or contains illegal characters, valid characters are a-z, A-Z, 0-9 and '-,' in /host/www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/htdocs/lib/config.php on line 9

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /host/www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/htdocs/lib/config.php:9) in /host/www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/htdocs/lib/config.php on line 9

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /host/www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/htdocs/lib/config.php:9) in /host/www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/htdocs/lib/config.php on line 9

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /host/www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/htdocs/lib/config.php:9) in /host/www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/htdocs/lib/multiplayDwn.php on line 11

Invalid Token

Is this where we complain about this stupidly slow download on the website ?

After 30 minutes 38MB of 537... 6 hours left...

Sometimes dips to 4.

Right now 24kB/s... No i'm not on dialup.

Yea...looks like they need to launch an SRB into whoever hosts the game. Same here man.

We're aware of the some of the speed troubles happening right now. As far as we know, it's still due to the amount of people trying to download things at once, but we're looking into it and hope to have a solution to this in the morning.

On the other hand, I hate how they made the basic SAS really tiny. It just makes career even worse, because proper SAS modules are just further away, which means more time having to put up with the near-inexistent steering torque of the capsules.. Shame on you, Squad.

Uh really? The Mk1 pod has a 5 kNm of torque. Roughly half again the torque of the gas turbine in an M1 Abrams main battle tank. You can make an extremely fast rover just by rolling that pod along the ground. It's much faster and more energy efficient than the actual rover wheels. The only problem is that it tends to explode if it hits a bump :P

It's hard to find specific data (most of it is about saturation) about the maximum torque, but extrapolating from a smaller CMG suggests that 0.5kNm would be appropriate for a 200kg CMG.

An actual reaction wheel of that size would probably only produce 5Nm.

I've never needed KSP reaction wheels on anything but stations, and early probes. And the probes generally did not need the 1.25m wheel as it was way overpowered (the new 0.625m wheel looks like it's still overpowered in fact). Later on probes can leverage Precision Engineering (for light parts) and things like OCTO2s (twice the torque of the early cores) and not require any external turning bits at all.

New brief video of mine gives a brief overview of 0.25!

In a nutshell:

>The new planes in KSP don't work as well as they should.

>You can put VTOL engines in cargo bays and toggling the doors cuts the engines' thrust!

>Kerbals' heads look weird in the new cockpits' IVA mode, thanks to the way the camera works!

>Don't try to dive into the pool. Your head will hurt. If you do, don't blame me.

Anyways, off to bed now. I like this new update.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.