The Grand 0.25 Discussion Thread

SQUAD

Again on the speeds in the KSP store, it's confirmed to be caused by the server load. There's unfortunately nothing we can do about it from our end, but our host has been notified and we hope that things can lighten up a bit by the morning. Thanks.

What difficulty settings are you using in your new Careers?

HtNQ8ab.png?1

Let us know Easy, Normal, Moderate, or Hard. Of if "Custom", post your response in this format:

• Allow Revert Flights:
  • Allow Quick Load:
  • Missing Crews Respawn:
  • Auto-Hire Crewmembers before Flight:
  • No Entry Purchase Required on Research:
  • Indestructible Facilities:
  • Allow Stock Vessels:
  • Starting Funds:
  • Starting Science:
  • Starting Reputation:
  • Science Rewards: %
  • Funds Rewards: %
  • Reputation Rewards: %
  • Funds Penalties: %
  • Reputation Penalties: %

Edited by JedTech

Here's what I've decided to use for my first 0.25 Career:

Allow Revert Flights: ON I like to test and quickly get back to the VAB.

Allow Quick Load: ON Mostly so that the Kracken does not ruin my flight after many hours of play. I'll try not to use it for other reasons :)

Missing Crews Respawn: OFF Once dead, always dead.

Auto-Hire Crewmembers before Flight: OFF I want to hire them myself.

No Entry Purchase Required on Research: OFF I'm excited for the difficulty added by having ave to purchase these!

Indestructible Facilities: OFF Boom!

Allow Stock Vessels: OFF

Starting Funds: 10,000 (Hard)

Starting Science: 0 (Hard)

Starting Reputation: -100 Might be fun to role play that I am starting a space program with a bad reputation.

Science Rewards: 40% I want to work hard to get through the tech tree.

Funds Rewards: 40% Funds have been generally easy in the past. I want it to be Hard but not impossible to proceed. (I don't do part testing)

Reputation Rewards: 60% (Hard)

Funds Penalties: 200% (Hard)

Reputation Penalties: 200% (Hard)

So, I've played a couple of hours on the new career mode. FAR and Mechjeb (for flight data) and not much else. Settings are on hard mode with revert and quickload re-enabled; I don't revert design and normal piloting disasters, but I do revert "oops, didn't mean to bump the spacebar just then" and similar.

Money is tight; an early launch failure nearly wiped me out. I had enough for another mission, but a foolish expenditure of funds on R&D left me so tight that I had to cut the mission back to bare-bones and cross my fingers.

The Kerman brothers are all alive, but I did lose one of the expendable orbital floaters when an improvised two-seater rescue capsule broke in half after parachute deployment. This didn't help my rep any.

I looked into the assorted management strategies, but the startup costs of the ones I wanted were prohibitive. However, I've finally managed to scrape enough rep out of part testing contracts to set up a low-level unpaid internship program in the research labs. Now I just have to get my battery and solar tech going, then it's off to the Mun...

And now we have nice looking stock parts. That we've already been playing with them a long time means NOTHING.

I suppose I should be thankful you don't get to make decisions for Squad.

If I was running squad we'd have proper reentry heating, and aerodynamics by now. And a sfx overhaul with: no sound passed the shock cone of your craft, no sound in space except through IVA, RCS sfx when firing (in IVA only), chatterer in stock, awesome launch rocket sounds that sound exactly like real rockets do and sound different in close vs from afar.

Oh and kerbal can move around in IVA and actually have to do things like: repair craft when random malfunctions occur, build things in orbit, actually have a life support system of some kind...

I can keep going...

How about proper staging recovery for dropped boosters?

IVA's for stock parts that are missing!!!!!!!!!!!

Tweakscale made stock.

More PARTS that we actually need like a quintux engine mounting? How about multiengine stacking?

Should I continue? Destructible buildings are the LEAST things I am concerned about if I was running squad at this moment... we don't even have proper MK3 parts yet...

I've started in the medium difficulty setting. The Outsource R&D strategy boosts science so much it almost feels like cheating - which is probably a good thing for players who want to race through the science tree fast and play in a sandbox with contracts and funds sort of game

Hahahahahahah! Just got a 10:30 PM call from work. Apparently, they can't do without me tomorrow, and could I PLEASE be there in 12 hours, on my day off....

I love it when a plan comes together. Hopefully my essential mods will be updated by FRIDAY when I finally get a day off. :huh:

I'm trying the 64 bits version. The first time, it crashed on entering the VAB, after displaying some spark animations on the BACC boosters. The second one seems to be working without a hitch.

Also, is building damage persistent (ie, the buildings have hp points) or is it a "break it or nothing"? It seems to be the later. I've fired several of the RT-10 SRBs (or whatever they're called, the smallest that aren't separatrons) and the VAB continued unscathed. I've fired two S1 SRBs to the SPH and it blew up at once.

If I was running squad we'd have proper reentry heating, and aerodynamics by now. And a sfx overhaul with: no sound passed the shock cone of your craft, no sound in space except through IVA, RCS sfx when firing (in IVA only), chatterer in stock, awesome launch rocket sounds that sound exactly like real rockets do and sound different in close vs from afar.

Oh and kerbal can move around in IVA and actually have to do things like: repair craft when random malfunctions occur, build things in orbit, actually have a life support system of some kind...

I can keep going...

Hot damn! Sounds like you should start your own space game company and out-compete Squad! Go get 'em, tiger! :D

I can keep going...

How about proper staging recovery for dropped boosters?

IVA's for stock parts that are missing!!!!!!!!!!!

Tweakscale made stock.

More PARTS that we actually need like a quintux engine mounting? How about multiengine stacking?

Should I continue? Destructible buildings are the LEAST things I am concerned about if I was running squad at this moment... we don't even have proper MK3 parts yet...

If you have a problem with it, then why do you play it?!? Like vanamonde said, go make your own game if you fancy.

I think the building damage is a neat feature, but I cannot help but feel it is a little unpolished. Not only do the animations seem to be fully static, the dirty textures on the buildings could use another art pass. They have really obvious tiling and are quite clearly not of the same quality as the buildings themselves.

I am not too fond of the look of the pool/pond either, but that might just be a matter of taste. The H texture on the room seems to be clipping, that is just a minor technical issue though.

I can keep going...

All that in a procedural universe with better-than-SpaceEngine graphics!

I sometimes approach a planet very slowly and in a ballistic trajectory in SpaceEngine to imagine what KSPEngine would look like.

If you have a problem with it, then why do you play it?!? Like vanamonde said, go make your own game if you fancy.

(Emphasis is my own.) Before this particular chain of discussion goes on any further, I'd like to point out that just because someone disagrees with a particular decision the developers have made doesn't mean they necessarily "have a problem with" the game that automatically causes them to hate it. Don't read too much into things :)

So, I've played a couple of hours on the new career mode. FAR and Mechjeb (for flight data) and not much else. Settings are on hard mode with revert and quickload re-enabled; I don't revert design and normal piloting disasters, but I do revert "oops, didn't mean to bump the spacebar just then" and similar.

Money is tight; an early launch failure nearly wiped me out. I had enough for another mission, but a foolish expenditure of funds on R&D left me so tight that I had to cut the mission back to bare-bones and cross my fingers.

The Kerman brothers are all alive, but I did lose one of the expendable orbital floaters when an improvised two-seater rescue capsule broke in half after parachute deployment. This didn't help my rep any.

I looked into the assorted management strategies, but the startup costs of the ones I wanted were prohibitive. However, I've finally managed to scrape enough rep out of part testing contracts to set up a low-level unpaid internship program in the research labs. Now I just have to get my battery and solar tech going, then it's off to the Mun...

Just a quick heads-up to let you know that I've merged this thread into our main Grand 0.25 Discussion thread. Carry on :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.