Changing tech costs

Starstrider42

I'm playing a career save with Custom Biomes, and that means there's a HUGE amount of science available once you leave Kerbin+Mun+Minmus. To keep things reasonably difficult, I've been using TreeLoader to progressively ramp up tech costs at higher tech levels while keeping the starting tech costs almost the same (many thanks to Vim Razz for the idea, though their original post seems to have been eaten by the reorganization of the Add-Ons forum).

But now TreeLoader is reported to be completely broken with 0.25 (not surprising, since I'm pretty sure it used EZGui), and the linear research scaling offered by the new difficulty sliders doesn't do the same thing (I'd have to choose between impossible research goals in the early game and free tech in the late game). Does anybody know of any other mods that let you edit tech costs?

That would meet my minimum needs, but I'm hoping for something more flexible so I can keep the Near Future tech nodes (ATC doesn't allow creation of new tech nodes). Any better offers out there?

Well I used this: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/80220-Celestial-Body-Science-Multiplier-Editor

Combined with ATC you could balance science out a lot better.

That would meet my minimum needs, but I'm hoping for something more flexible so I can keep the Near Future tech nodes (ATC doesn't allow creation of new tech nodes). Any better offers out there?

I don't think there's anything better out there.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.