[V5.0 RC1 released] AeroKerbin Industries Modified IVAs

MasseFlieger

Version 6.0 for KSP 1.1 currently in progress... see development thread.

Modified IVA

AeroKerbin Industries

AeroKerbin Industries is proud to present its revamped edition of Modified IVAs!

• Cockpit interiors fully integrated with career
  • Experience full analog instrument flying
  • Command parts feature different specifications such as electrical capacity, heat resistance, and weight
  • Nearly every button and switch in the cockpit is functional
  • experience Kerbin in a whole new level!
  • each pit model is a separate part, in flight ships or unmodified ships will not "magically" gain new interiors!

Videos

MK1A:

MK1B:

MK1C:

v5.0 RC1:

Note: version 6.0 is current in progress

• Revamped interiors for mk1
  • MK1A IVA (full analog)
  • MK1B IVA (mid life update)
  • MK1C IVA (full glass)

Installation:

Download from Kerbalstuff: here

*CKAN support upcoming

** delete any previous versions prior to installing

Dependencies

• ASET Props
  • ASET Avionics

Suggestions:

• NavUtilities

License

Creative Commons (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/)

Edited by MasseFlieger
5.0rc1 update

Ever think about doing it too with the mk1 command pod?

And other pods?

Because i like the looks.

I'm focusing on spaceplanes and aircraft cockpits at the moment - but will likely get to pods as well.

I cant take credit for the look, that's all ALCOR assets. :P

- - - Updated - - -

WOW! :confused: Could you give me some pointers on my IVA creation?

Absolutely, PM me and I'll help in whatever I can.

I love the Alcor's pod attention to detail and always wished it was present in the other pods. Your work on the MK1 is incredible and can't wait to see what you do with the other ones.

Keep it up!

Oh that is .... as all hell.

I made my own version of an instrument panel for Sam Hall's mk2, but judging from the above screenshots yours will be superior.

Hi White Owl, I have been using your version of the mk2 for some time, so this means a lot coming from you.

Would appreciate you or anyone to post any issues/suggestions.

Hi White Owl, I have been using your version of the mk2 for some time, so this means a lot coming from you.

Would appreciate you or anyone to post any issues/suggestions.

Ha! If you've been using it for some time, then you've certainly used it more than I have. Immediately after (or during?) that project, I seriously burned out on KSP and had to stop playing for awhile.

I wish I'd known earlier about those excellent instruments from ALCOR. So much better than my kludged together solution.

Just got a few minutes to try this cockpit out. I love it! Placement of the primary flight instruments mostly makes good sense, and the MFDs are large enough to read easily. Clickable functions are intelligently placed. You're obviously better at placing these things than I am.

I do have a few criticisms, since you asked.

Top center, I see three separate heading indicators all crowded together: navball, heading tape, and the digital display. At least one of those is redundant. I'd keep the navball and the digital display.

I miss the stock Squad control position indicators. I use those often to see where my trim is set and/or what the ASAS is doing, and consider at least the pitch indicator essential. Maybe replace one of the heading indicators?

Most of the ten action group switches make sense... except for switches #1 and #2 on the left. Seems like they should swap places, so all ten switches proceed in order from left to right across the cockpit.

Not a criticism at you, just generally about IVA cockpits... I would love an analogue EAS gauge! That's gotta be do-able somehow, with all the brilliant modders around this place.

Ha! If you've been using it for some time, then you've certainly used it more than I have. Immediately after (or during?) that project, I seriously burned out on KSP and had to stop playing for awhile.

I wish I'd known earlier about those excellent instruments from ALCOR. So much better than my kludged together solution.

Just got a few minutes to try this cockpit out. I love it! Placement of the primary flight instruments mostly makes good sense, and the MFDs are large enough to read easily. Clickable functions are intelligently placed. You're obviously better at placing these things than I am.

I do have a few criticisms, since you asked.

Top center, I see three separate heading indicators all crowded together: navball, heading tape, and the digital display. At least one of those is redundant. I'd keep the navball and the digital display.

I miss the stock Squad control position indicators. I use those often to see where my trim is set and/or what the ASAS is doing, and consider at least the pitch indicator essential. Maybe replace one of the heading indicators?

Most of the ten action group switches make sense... except for switches #1 and #2 on the left. Seems like they should swap places, so all ten switches proceed in order from left to right across the cockpit.

Not a criticism at you, just generally about IVA cockpits... I would love an analogue EAS gauge! That's gotta be do-able somehow, with all the brilliant modders around this place.

Thanks for the comments, I kept the tape compass along with the navball in the event of battery and alternator failure when using malfunction/damage mods, after some tests when the battery is drained, and no alternator is present providing any sufficient charge it was pretty difficult for me to fly on course using just the navball (that is without zooming in too much). I am debating if I need the digital readout though, as you pointed out, one of them is redundant.

Good call on the control surface position indicators, I will look to place them in the IVA - not sure where yet. I would really hope there is some prop out there that could help trim the control surface from a rotary type control or something.

Ditto on the Analog EAS! I try to place the steam guage six pack as realistically as possible but I am missing the EAS. :)

I will have to see where to fit the other 2 CB buttons from the side, next update I should have a good layout.

Thanks again for the comments!

SO MANY BLINKY LIGHTS!!!!! I think i'm in love...

In my opinion, the 2 CB buttons on the left hand side are fine where they are, its just that they should swap around, so the one furthest to the left is 1 then 2, rather then trying to fit them all onto the front panel.

And with regards to analog guages, this mod by nli2work has some really good ones for reference

In my opinion, the 2 CB buttons on the left hand side are fine where they are, its just that they should swap around, so the one furthest to the left is 1 then 2, rather then trying to fit them all onto the front panel.

Yes! That's exactly what I was trying to say. Currently, if you start at the left and work to the right, the action group switches are numbered 2,1,3,4,5...etc. Just swap those two switches so they're numbered 1,2,3... etc.

And thanks for the link. I had glanced at that thread before, but didn't realize there were new instruments there. :)

And thanks for the link. I had glanced at that thread before, but didn't realize there were new instruments there. :)

I'm really fond of the new red-rimmed screen at the bottom right and the bubble-esk lights for the SAS, RCS etc. I think they look really cool. But the rotating analog gauges he has are truly gorgeous!

On a side note, what is the use of the red/green lights on the right-hand panel? From the picture it looks as though it shows which mods are enabled in the save file? Or do they have some other use that I am unable to decipher?

On a side note, what is the use of the red/green lights on the right-hand panel? From the picture it looks as though it shows which mods are enabled in the save file? Or do they have some other use that I am unable to decipher?

Hi erbmur,

Thanks for pointing me to that mod - I'll look into it, and see if there is an analog EAS, I do like the analog resource gauges for power loss situations.

The indicator panel on the right is exactly that - lists out all the installed mods. I tried to keep to a minimum the non-functional props as there is plenty of instruments now to take advantage of.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes! That's exactly what I was trying to say. Currently, if you start at the left and work to the right, the action group switches are numbered 2,1,3,4,5...etc. Just swap those two switches so they're numbered 1,2,3... etc.

AW! I hadn't noticed that :P I'll flip them today and release an update with the mk2 as well.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.