KScale64 v1.2.2 16th April 2017

Paul Kingtiger

Version 1.0.90.4 released

The main part of this update is the high res textures for Kerbin, which now looks a whole lot prettier! More textures for other bodies will follow as and when I get time to produce them.

Download information in first post.

• Added DDS loader to download
  • Reactivated Mitiya's high res textures for Kerbin
  • Fixed Max distance value for Scansat

Um, since you're including DDSLoader, why not include the textures as DDS? As it stands, KSP will load them as PNG (and that loader has bugs), taking up memory, and *then* RSS will load them, doubling the memory. :(

Suggestion:

1. Export as dds (I can do that for you if you want)

2. Change the lines from

SSColor = GameData/64k/Textures/Kerbin_64k.png

SSBump = GameData/64k/Textures/Kerbin_64k_NRM.png

to

SSColor = 64k/Textures/Kerbin_64k

SSBump = 64k/Textures/Kerbin_64k_NRM

Um, since you're including DDSLoader, why not include the textures as DDS? As it stands, KSP will load them as PNG (and that loader has bugs), taking up memory, and *then* RSS will load them, doubling the memory. :(

Suggestion:

1. Export as dds (I can do that for you if you want)

2. Change the lines from

SSColor = GameData/64k/Textures/Kerbin_64k.png

SSBump = GameData/64k/Textures/Kerbin_64k_NRM.png

to

SSColor = 64k/Textures/Kerbin_64k

SSBump = 64k/Textures/Kerbin_64k_NRM

I tried using the Nvidia plugin for Photoshop to save the images as dds but was getting artifacts on the images. These were in the forms of white rectangles across the image.

Do you have any advice on avoiding this or another process to save the files as dds?

If you could export them as dds or tell me how to do it, that would be great!

The latest version makes my game not load past 64k/textures/kerbin_64k and I have to ctrl-alt-del out every time. Have tried both with and without a MM cfg for ATM basic for the 64k folder. Memory in the 2.3 gb range when crashing.

KSP.log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5qtyxq48z66xs54/KSP.log?dl=0

output_log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/eogir10q15gz8ly/output_log.txt?dl=0

Well, I created a new install to try this out on a whim, and I think this mod is here to stay for me. Thank you for this.

Can I ask, though: Do you have plans to change the secondary launch sites visually? Someone has infact made a Baikonour Cosmodrome in KerbalKonstructs is all. :)

I've done some troubleshooting, removing and adding in mods one by one. Seems like whenever Active Texture Management is installed (applies to both versions) the game wont load past 64k/textures/kerbin_64k.

A game full of mods without ATM works fine, but a minimal install with only 64k, RSS, DDSloader and ATM crashes at startup. Can't figure out why.

Edit: Converting to DDS and using DDSloader works like charm ofcourse :)

Edited by ThorBeorn

I've done some troubleshooting, removing and adding in mods one by one. Seems like whenever Active Texture Management is installed (applies to both versions) the game wont load past 64k/textures/kerbin_64k.

A game full of mods without ATM works fine, but a minimal install with only 64k, RSS, DDSloader and ATM crashes at startup. Can't figure out why.

I'll get a dds texture version out to you, if you can test that and it works we'll roll it out as an update.

- - - Updated - - -

I just used the DDS4KSP tool available in the tools forum, and the texture looks fine (I didn't use the resize option)

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/98672-WIN-KSP-to-DDS-texture-converter

That's worked perfectly, thanks!

ThorBeorn,

I've uploaded 1.0.90.5 which uses dds textures instead of png, the textures are smaller as well. Can you give it a go and let me know if you're still getting the crash on loading.

Thanks! I already converted the textures from the previous release though. They work just fine toghether with ATM in GameData folder. So does 1.0.90.5 if you delete the backup .pngs in 64k/textures.

What altitude do I want for Keosync orbit now?

30,130.12Km for a 24Hr rotation period

15,144.37Km for a 12Hr rotation.

Ofcourse that is if you want it circular, you can achieve 12/24hr orbits where the Ap and Pe are wildly different and it is still Keosynchronous.

What altitude do I want for Keosync orbit now?

Check out the spreadsheet I made for this.

For the 24 hour day, Kerbin has a Sync orbit altitude of 26,296 km (from ground level). I haven't used the 12 hour day for anything yet.

On the "Useful Orbits" tab I included some common orbits (including sync), as well as some highly eccentric ones. Also, if you download the sheet (or open it up in your own onedrive and edit it), you can compute orbital elements given a specific ap/pe, period, or SMA.

I also have a hohmann transfer calculator and a remotetech cone calculator (to figure out how far away a given dish must be in order to fully cover a specific body (or a orbit around that body).

Check out the spreadsheet I made for this.

For the 24 hour day, Kerbin has a Sync orbit altitude of 26,296 km (from ground level). I haven't used the 12 hour day for anything yet.

On the "Useful Orbits" tab I included some common orbits (including sync), as well as some highly eccentric ones. Also, if you download the sheet (or open it up in your own onedrive and edit it), you can compute orbital elements given a specific ap/pe, period, or SMA.

I also have a hohmann transfer calculator and a remotetech cone calculator (to figure out how far away a given dish must be in order to fully cover a specific body (or a orbit around that body).

That's brilliant! I've added a link to the first post.

That's brilliant! I've added a link to the first post.

Thanks. I also ran the MapSatAltitude script from technogeeky and posted the results to onedrive as well. I'm converting the text files over to Excel for ease of parsing the data.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=1731C32CC90F1274!190&authkey=!ABnJIBZRcdc1DVA&ithint=folder%2cpng

I have 64k running on Linux 64-bit. When I added the outer planets mod and the 64k+opm files, I lost my clouds on Kerbin. Any thoughts?

That could be my bad, lemme check :)

In the meantime: Did you follow the install instructions for installing 64K and OPM alongside each other?

Edit: Checked on a clean install, everything worked as expected. Do note that if you used the configs I wrote, the contents of the BoulderCo folder are for AVP: Interstellar and will most likely not work with anything else. Also, 64K comes with clouds configs for AVP: Oblivion, so you will want to leave out those while installing.

Edited by Tellion

That could be my bad, lemme check :)

In the meantime: Did you follow the install instructions for installing 64K and OPM alongside each other?

Yes. After I installed the first time and lost the clouds, I saw your instructions regarding not installing the BoulderCo folder from 64k. So I started over with a clean install. Installed AVP first, then OPM, then 64k (no BoulderCo), then your mod. I think that was all correct.

Thanks for checking on your end.

So everything is working now?

My pleasure :)

No. That was my process before posting here. No clouds on Kerbin. Either way, I'm glad to be able to merge these two mods.

Edit: I'll try again with clean install when I have a chance. If it's working for you, it must be on my end somewhere.

Edited by Homebrew
followup

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.