The KSP Game

Zipmafia, the last line says "go to the south pole, land with 4 more kerbals(not in mine) and plant a flag"

I'm not sure what he means by "not in mine", but I understand all you have to do to win the challenge is land four kerbals at the south pole and plant a flag.

Zipmafia, the last line says "go to the south pole, land with 4 more kerbals(not in mine) and plant a flag"

I'm not sure what he means by "not in mine", but I understand all you have to do to win the challenge is land four kerbals at the south pole and plant a flag.

This was an edit. The original challenge was...

The Grinch snuck abord, hijacked it, and has hidden Christmas in the south pole! Get Him!!

He only changed it after I asked him to clarify. Thank you for your diligence, but I know how to read and post on threads.

First off, sorry if I came across as kinda rude. Words aren't that good at expressing emotions, people tend to put their own spin on what they read.

Second, I had to take a break from my extremely modded hardcore career mode to make this challenge happen (sorry for the run on). It has been much too long since I have seen any new entries.

Third, I give you my south pole Grinch run, complete with a Chinese fire drill in orbit.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Next challenge, reach space using only sepratrons for thrust! Extra points if you can bring a kerbal and keep him alive.

~Edit: Grrrrrrr, forgot to get a pick of the flag!!

Dammit. Beat me out...here was my run at the pole.

Space using sepratrons, eh? Okay...

EDIT: WAIT A MINUTE....SHENANIGANS!!!!!

The Grinch snuck abord, hijacked it, and has hidden Christmas in the south pole! Get Him!!

go to the south pole,land with 4 more kerbals(not in mine) and plant a flag

I see no flag in Zipmafia's entry as of this post...so what's the call, Mrbobmcwilly? Does his run count, or mine?

If mine - next challenge is to land a craft hauling no fewer than ten Kerbals to the top of the VAB. Brownie points for more Kerbals. Even more brownie points if - after you've landed the craft on top of the VAB, you land it on top of the Admin building and Launch Pad as well.

Edited by capi3101

EDIT: WAIT A MINUTE....SHENANIGANS!!!!!

I see no flag in Zipmafia's entry as of this post...so what's the call, Mrbobmcwilly? Does his run count, or mine?

If mine - next challenge is to land a craft hauling no fewer than ten Kerbals to the top of the VAB. Brownie points for more Kerbals. Even more brownie points if - after you've landed the craft on top of the VAB, you land it on top of the Admin building and Launch Pad as well.

I think we should go with yours. I just tried my own challenge, and it is a lot harder than it sounds.

TA DA!

bW6InqB.jpg

Kerbals 13.

The next challenge, send a mission to the Mun, that is unmanned, and all the parts from the science tab, then destroy the evidence.(not by terminating the mission in the tracking station)

BUT: the ship has to be under 70 total parts.

Under the 72 parachutes there is, in fact, a third hitchhiker.

Edited by TheBigFish
Miscommunication

Naw, I believe him when he says there's a third hitchhiker under there. The size is right and so is the mass...a Mainsail, 4 LT-2s, an S3-7200, 3 Hitchhikers, a Cupola and 72 Radial chutes comes out to 67.5 tonnes on the pad with 2390 m/s of delta-V.

I am trying to figure out the discrepancies that the KER display is showing, though...a mass of 65.595 tonnes with a 31.5 tonne deadmass comes out to 2300.29 m/s of delta-V. Conversely, if you've got 2044 m/s of delta-V with a 31.5 tonne dead mass and an engine with a 320 s Isp, the current mass comes out to 60.447 tonnes. I suppose there may be more parts there that I haven't spotted. Either way, challenge fulfilled.

70 parts to the Mun with no evidence...that could be interesting. Especially since no fewer than eleven of those MUST be sci parts if I'm counting correctly...

Edited by capi3101

Challenge completed - it is 73 parts, but that's only because of 3 extra dishes so I could communicate with kerbin (Remote Tech! Yeah!), so it does work with 70 parts exactly. It was launched directly to the mun so I wouldn't have to bother with communication networks or anything. It was speaking to kerbin during its last moments, sending back data on shadows... the kerbals have a lot of free time.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

EDIT: When you forget to post a new challenge :P

Edited by TJPrime

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.