[1.10.x]FuelWings: v4 - Fuel customization in Stock, B9, & B9 ProceduralWings! - 11/08/2020

Tortoise

That's not a partmodule, that's an intrinsic feature of those parts being fully generated by procedural parts; pwings are not. Potentially the same methodology can be applied within pwings to do the same thing, but it's not a cut and paste thing and it's certainly not a thing that anyone but DYJ can do.

So I accidentally copied Tortoise's work and made my own integral fuel tank mod. Revolution-420 brought this to my attention, and I think FuelWings is better than my mod, so I'm closing my thread. Sorry! In the meantime I found that there was some interest in fueled nose cones, so here's a quick addition for stock nose cones and nose cone adapters:

@PART[standardNoseCone]:FOR[FuelWings]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleCrossFeed
}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleFuelTanks
volume = 8.5
type = Fuselage
}
}

@PART[noseCone]:FOR[FuelWings]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleCrossFeed
}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleFuelTanks
volume = 67
type = Fuselage
}
}

@PART[rocketNoseCone]:FOR[FuelWings]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleCrossFeed
}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleFuelTanks
volume = 533
type = Fuselage
}
}

@PART[noseConeAdapter]:FOR[FuelWings]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleCrossFeed
}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleFuelTanks
volume = 16
type = Fuselage
}
}

@PART[adapterSmallMiniTall]:FOR[FuelWings]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleCrossFeed
}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleFuelTanks
volume = 30
type = Fuselage
}
}

@PART[largeAdapter]:FOR[FuelWings]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleCrossFeed
}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleFuelTanks
volume = 320
type = Fuselage
}
}

I calculated the values by comparing their geometric shapes. A frustum with diameters of 12.5 and 6.25 has about 60% of the volume of a cylinder of diameter 12.5 of the same height, for example.

It's actually wicked easy, just need to edit a text file. If you're running Windows, your FW.cfg is *probably* in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\FuelWings\ (or if you're not using the Steam version, you can skip those Steam parts). You want to right-click the FW.cfg file and use Open With... and find Notepad in the list in the new window. Then copy, paste, save, and you're done!

• 1 month later...

CrossfeedEnabler, ModularFuelTanks, TweakScale, and Module Manager (i.e. the dependencies that make it work) have all been updated since the last release (so don't use the ones from the download, get them from their sources), but if those are updated for 0.90, FuelWings itself should work just fine.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.