[KSP v1.1.3] Stock Bug Fix Modules (Release v1.1.3b.1 - 10 Jul 16)

Claw

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3ypZS-MeAsRakZldDBLSlJlTUE/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3ypZS-MeAsRODIyX2x5WXpURUk/view?usp=sharing

Hopefully this works.

I don't want to sign up for some other service but I do, of course, have a google account, so.

I played around with Jumpo Spaceplane 4 for a bit. And it exploded for me, too, initially.

But after I strutted the Ore tanks to the cargo bay walls it became a lot easier to land it.

I moved the wings a little using the offset gizmo to be less nose heavy, and that made it even easier to land it.

And offset the landing gear closer to CoM to make it easier to take off.

I'm not a great pilot, so I'm pretty proud that I made 3 successful landings in a row. 1 in the KSC area, 1 in the hills further inland, and finally one at KSC again, before I blew up... because reasons...

[TABLE=width: 640]

[TR]

[TD]GcfwKJU.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Craft file

Edited by Val

I played around with Jumpo Spaceplane 4 for a bit. And it exploded for me, too, initially.

I did get a chance to fly it briefly as well, though I didn't get to trouble shoot in depth. My first thought was similar, that it looked like the payload needed a strut or two.

It looks like the payload bay is simply breaking out from the rest of the ship, but only when maneuvering significantly. The plane is actually pretty maneuverable for it's weight, and it might be that you're simply ripping the cargo bay out from the wings (ISRU stuff can be heavy). I will still try to poke around a little more though to see if there's anything else going on, or if the other ship has something different.

Cheers,

~Claw

But after I strutted the Ore tanks to the cargo bay walls it became a lot easier to land it.

I did get a chance to fly it briefly as well, though I didn't get to trouble shoot in depth. My first thought was similar, that it looked like the payload needed a strut or two.

It looks like the payload bay is simply breaking out from the rest of the ship, but only when maneuvering significantly. The plane is actually pretty maneuverable for it's weight, and it might be that you're simply ripping the cargo bay out from the wings (ISRU stuff can be heavy). I will still try to poke around a little more though to see if there's anything else going on, or if the other ship has something different.

I also tested the Jumpo 4. Nice plane. Have to completely agree with the comments above. Without struts, the ISRU (being that heavy and far away from the connecting port) moves within the cargobay. A slight pitch control applied was enough to cause instaboom (first message shown in log, ISRU detaching from the large RW aft, certainly the RW touches the bay frame while the ISRU mass * lateral acceleration is more than what the joint can stand). After strutting the cargo, I could easily perform some aerobatic, the plane is quite maneuverable; see a 14+ g turn here:

xIZ9HR0.png

Hey, guys,

Alright, I see. Thanks for everyone testing it for me. Does that also explain why it explodes on landing at the merest, tiniest touch? I guess I'll strut the cargo and play with it myself. Thanks again!

Dunder

EDIT: Wow, lands perfectly! Thanks guys.

Edited by Dunder

Stock Plus's spread out parachutes is one of my favorite little features of modded KSP. Unfortunately, with a default install, it doesn't seem to affect games with RealChute active.

Is there anything that could be done to allow comparability?

I believe RealChute replaces the stock modules with it's own. My mods plug directly into the stock modules. Since RealChute replaces them, the two mods are, unfortunately, not compatible.

It's something I could possibly look into after 1.0.5 is out, but I can't make any promises that it'll work. I try not to replicate or interfere with other modder's works.

Cheers,

~Claw

I would like to report another bug! The Comms DTS-M1 Antenna ignores action groups. It refuses to extend when placed in an action group and repeatedly pressed. Almost similar to the Aerobrake?

Sorry, guess we skipped over this one with the airplane stuff.

I tried this in 1.0.4 and didn't have any problems with the action groups. It was a simple case with a Mk1 capsule and the antenna. Maybe there was more to it?

Cheers,

~Claw

Sorry, guess we skipped over this one with the airplane stuff.

I tried this in 1.0.4 and didn't have any problems with the action groups. It was a simple case with a Mk1 capsule and the antenna. Maybe there was more to it?

Cheers,

~Claw

I revoke this!!! I'm not exactly sure what was going on from my end but it appears as though they are behaving properly to action groups. I redact my previous claim :P

I'm using EditorExtensions, and for some reason "V" for centering parts vertically doesn't work. Could this has something to do with any of the fixes in this pack?

EDIT: Nvm Red Iron Crown gave me the answer I needed :)

Edited by Sokar408

Hey, Claw!

I guess you already know whats up with the wheels, so this probably doesn't matter. But, i disabled Plus for the wheels, and the super-wheelies persist.

Second, i have a suggestion/request: Engine gimbals point the same direction regardless of being in front or behind CoM, which makes gimballing engines useless for towing (engines in front).

Is it possible to

1) fix it, so they know where they are and point accordingly (like canards do).

OR

2) add an "invert control" option like wheels have, so players can decide how their engines steer. (which could be useful in unorthodox asteroid wrangling operations.) obviously, such an option would need to ignore roll commands, as those work regardless of CoM (assuming your rocket looks like a rocket).

Thanks!

2) add an "invert control" option like wheels have, so players can decide how their engines steer. (which could be useful in unorthodox asteroid wrangling operations.) obviously, such an option would need to ignore roll commands, as those work regardless of CoM (assuming your rocket looks like a rocket).

Thanks!

That would be super cool! I'm not sure how easy it would be to code that.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

I guess you already know whats up with the wheels, so this probably doesn't matter. But, i disabled Plus for the wheels, and the super-wheelies persist.

Did you disable Plus or uninstall the whole fix? I suppose the grip multiplier might be overzealous.

Second, i have a suggestion/request: Engine gimbals point the same direction regardless of being in front or behind CoM, which makes gimballing engines useless for towing (engines in front).

Is it possible to

Actually, that was fixed in 1.0. So if your engines aren't gimbaling the right way, then there's something else going on. (Fixed as in they invert gimbal properly, not fixed as in there's an "invert" button.)

Have you tried it recently? Or are you going off old data?

Cheers,

~Claw

Edited by Claw

I have an example of the

and associated .craft file. You'll actually note that the decoupler in question (and other parts) are heating up/flickering right from the very start, not just after it's in space.

Any chance this could get fixed in your stock fixes?

(It might not be worth the effort?)

Edited by Moleculor

Any chance this could get fixed in your stock fixes?

Hopefully my fixes will no longer be needed very soon. But I do appreciate the .craft file, because I can feed this back into experimentals for testing (and confirmation).

Cheers,

-Claw

I've been getting some log-spam while in the SPH/VAB of
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at ClawKSP.MASFix.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

It's not obvious that this is causing any particular issues, and it's likely some sort of conflict I guess (I am running way too many mods), but I thought I ought to mention it in case anyone else is getting it or knows what it means.

I was getting spammed with this as well when attempting to place any sort of airbrake. Setting "plusEnabled = False" in the "StockBugFixModules\ModuleAeroSurfaceFix\ModuleAeroSurfaceFix.cfg" seems to have stopped it for now.

Thanks for this great set of fixes. One request, in the wheels fix plus, could you make the grip tweakable go lower. Eg. allow tweaking it down to 1/2 or 1/3. Without the fix, wheels are so slidy, but with the fix they get so grippy sometimes that I'd like to be able to tweak them down a bit.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.