0.15 Easter eggs? (Obviously possible spoilers inside)

zombiphylax

So it looks like this is as close as I\'ll be getting for now:

dUi2a.png

I can\'t find a slope into that basin that shallow enough for me to not cartwheel down.

So close...

That is one incredibly sexy pic by the way.

Keep trying! i want to see this happen.

I\'ll try again tomorrow. I\'m frazzled out right now, and have even begun cheating by editing config files just to get down there.

And thanks for the picture complements, it was actually a happy mistake it turn out so well.

I\'m trying to find the monolith on the moon.

First I put a satellite in orbit to try and determine the rough position of the monolith:

KcXael.jpg

Then I sent a rover down:

VRnbal.jpg

Here we go...

PVYptl.jpg

PI7rDl.jpg

I tried to go up a steep hill later, and I flipped the rover. It\'s currently stranded. :(

I have yet to find any Munoliths, but I may have made an even more groundbreaking discovery...

Nazga Lines visible from Munar orbit?!?

TvXBc.jpg?1

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazca_Lines)

I was so surprised that I didn\'t think to get a zoomed out image until I was a little ways past the phenomenon. Here is a shot of the general area I believe I was over at the time of the first screenshot (I was heading due north and at 4000m at the time):

d3uT9.jpg?1

For those with bad eyes, here is a cropped image:

XZ1SE.jpg

And my sad attempt to fiddle with the contrast to bring out the hidden shapes:

wj2W9.jpg

Maybe someone else with better image manipulation skills can pull a CSI and ZOOM ENHANCE my early reconnaissance shots. In the meantime I will try to find these mysterious shapes again with a proper lander. Wish me luck...

FYI: The photos below can potentially spoil the location of the second KSC, please don\'t click the link if you wish to discover it on your own...

I launched it, it worked despite the fuel line not surviving the save updates. Now I can just play this game again and not worry about approaching slopes...

To those interested in a save file, I\'m sorry, but there\'s not much point now that the fuel line isn\'t there, you can get into orbit if you\'re lucky, it looks like it\'ll mostly do ballistic sub-orbital trajectories though. Besides, where\'s the fun in just giving it out for free. ;)

I have yet to find any Munoliths, but I may have made an even more groundbreaking discovery...

Nazga Lines visible from Munar orbit?!?

TvXBc.jpg?1

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazca_Lines)

I was so surprised that I didn\'t think to get a zoomed out image until I was a little ways past the phenomenon. Here is a shot of the general area I believe I was over at the time of the first screenshot (I was heading due north and at 4000m at the time):

d3uT9.jpg?1

For those with bad eyes, here is a cropped image:

XZ1SE.jpg

And my sad attempt to fiddle with the contrast to bring out the hidden shapes:

wj2W9.jpg

Maybe someone else with better image manipulation skills can pull a CSI and ZOOM ENHANCE my early reconnaissance shots. In the meantime I will try to find these mysterious shapes again with a proper lander. Wish me luck...

I don\'t see anything except some mirrored textures...

I don\'t see anything except some mirrored textures...

It\'s possible that those shapes are accidental but I think there\'s a good chance Mu put them there as an easter egg.

I think I\'ve found them again at coordinates

41° 30\' 23' N

13° 46\' 12' W

Can someone give me a bit of a hint for the monoliths on Mun? Just what sort of orbit I should aim for (equatoial, polar?) or some kind of hint about the shape of the crater (huge wide cratr, small deep one? or something?

I understand the element of challenge, but the Mun is a big place.

These are the names I\'ve given them (hints inside):

- The Silisko Crater Anomaly.

- The Northern Ridge Anomaly.

- The South Pole Pit Anomaly.

Really, you have to be less that 1 or 2 kms from them to start seeing them and the average craters are 20km across. You have next to no chance of finding them by luck if you don\'t use the Muon Detector plugin.

Can someone give me a bit of a hint for the monoliths on Mun? Just what sort of orbit I should aim for (equatoial, polar?) or some kind of hint about the shape of the crater (huge wide cratr, small deep one? or something?

I understand the element of challenge, but the Mun is a big place.

I found them whilst in polar orbit using the muon detector plug in, reached them using rover with same