0.15 Easter eggs? (Obviously possible spoilers inside)

zombiphylax

Are you kidding me? I must have passed that damned place like a gazillion times and I think that was the first damned place I looked....even so I saw it as I passed BY with that truck, not a chance to see it from any kind of orbit.

Anyways, now I understand why it\'s 'a funny crater' but that is a very misleading name...

Not to mention that that crater is full of debris from previous attempts, funny thing is I wanted to make a 180 degree turn to check another crater that is nearby but kept on going and 20 seconds later KBOOM, found it.

10zusrd.jpg

Guest GroundHOG-2010

Just a quick question, how many people noticed the troll face on nova\'s pyramid post?

Found the monument. Though I had a little help from the pictures (I Used The Shadows and the Sun to calculate the approximate location. (At least I put the effort in to finding its location)). Lucky too as unlike the other Command Centre you can\'t see it until your reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallly close to it.

screenshot154.png

Looked ages for it until I did the calculations and found it my first try.

The aircraft were identified, but not each aircraft can be identified.

All non-identified aircraft will be destroyed.

10% of all aircrafts were not identified. I don\'t want that your aircraft will be even in these 10%

You should take care of your runway better, you have trees growing through it.

pvWlS.jpg

Well I crashed my plane into your tree. I expect your insurance to cover it, since your visual landing indicators were active :)

Warning! No one is currently in the Base but the Base is secured by giant Robots!

---TARGET DETECTED---
---CLASSIFIED AS ENEMY---
---TARGETING SYSTEM STARTED---
---MISSILES WILL BE LAUNCHED IN:
MISSILES LAUNCHED---
---TARGET CONFIRMED AS DESTROYED---

Warning! No one is currently in the Base but the Base is secured by giant Robots!

---TARGET DETECTED---
---CLASSIFIED AS ENEMY---
---TARGETING SYSTEM STARTED---
---MISSILES WILL BE LAUNCHED IN:
MISSILES LAUNCHED---
---TARGET CONFIRMED AS DESTROYED---

What the...?

Is there collision detection with the monolith?

Apparently not, I was able to drive a cart right through it--which turned out to be rather convenient for determining it\'s exact coordinates. :D

It also seems to be hovering a bit above the ground. I chose to attribute this the the mystical nature of the artifact...

In the book [and the movie] they had to dig down to get to the Monolith.

Also, in the book it said that the first set of Monoliths [that the homonids saw] were crystal, not solid black like in the film.

Found the monument. Though I had a little help from the pictures (I Used The Shadows and the Sun to calculate the approximate location. (At least I put the effort in to finding its location)). Lucky too as unlike the other Command Centre you can\'t see it until your reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallly close to it.

screenshot154.png

Looked ages for it until I did the calculations and found it my first try.

I\'m wondering how the math works without a time reference. I could do the math, but it wouldn\'t tell me anything beyond the obvious. With the sun in position a, the monolith is b when the Mun is in that exact position. You\'d need a picture with Kerbin in it as well, otherwise the most you could hope for is latitude (unless that\'s all you used).

Also, the game crashes with annoying frequency using a C7 plane for some reason. Every 6-12 minutes on average.

I have given up on finding the other space center. I\'ve looked at every image I can find, including those lovely ones of a trip there (which actually seem to portray the craft flying both east and west). I have sent a scout plane to look over both of the major (white capped) mountain ranges to the north, and I can\'t find any other candidates that would actually be close enough for that little plane to reach in 15 minutes (then again, my scout plane which is a bit bigger and probably faster could probably get to the north pole in 15 minutes if I was careful, since it can probably remain flyable up to about 35-40km if your careful, at which point it would be going kilometers per second).

As for the moon, I can only hope that one day someone leaks out where it is, because I don\'t have the hours needed to drive a rover all the way around the Mun, nor do I have the time to launch upwards of 14 rockets to look for it (one per crater), since they take a good 30 minutes launch to landing.

If someone wants to tell me where they are (either or), I\'d love to hear. If not, I\'ll just hope that someone leaks it one day.

For the space center, I would actually just like it if someone could give me the compass direction from the KSC so I know which mountain range(s) I should be examining.

One time in the irc Mu said it was between NW and NNW of KSC. He also said it was between 2m and 20,000km.

EDIT: That\'s 5x the circumference of Kerbin, and actually covers most of the planet. Maybe all of it (not used to doing math on a sphere).