...Claw Game?! [Almost done!]

You all remember those wonderful days of youth. Those sunny, sticky days when you were at some supermarket, when all of a sudden, you noticed it in the corner: The Claw Game! It had lights! It had cool toys! It had a claw, enticingly dangling from the top! It was perhaps the most frustrating way to spend your $0.50 humanly possible!

Well, if you're hoping to relive that nostalgia... I've created it in KSP.

The Claw Game! (Still very much a work in progress.)

This version of the immortal game works in much the same way as its real-life equivalent. You start by popping the Kerbals out of their Command Pods... then you decouple the little Claw-Rover and drive over to the Kerbal Bin... then you time-warp up, the claw drops, and you hope that you can get a Kerbal! Time-warp back to 1x with the Kerbal safely in the Claw, drive it back to the other side and dock it, and drop off your new friend.

Yeah, I don't know why I did this either.

PICTURES!

EDIT! Look, new pictures!

KVctDMV.jpg

Here's the Claw Game, ready for action! Doesn't it look cool?

JrBtRon.jpg

The Claw is ready to drop upon the unsuspecting Kerbals below (with the help of 4x Time-Warp.)

O8lMtth.jpg

The Claw has captured a Kerbal! Time to time-warp back to 1x and take Bobger to the Victory Bin on the other side.

zpgCnBQ.jpg

You're free, Bobger! Now you can be taken home by the lucky winner...

I spent too much time making this thing look nice, and work properly. Still, though, it's not that bad of an idea, right? :)

...and now for an All-New Video explaining how the thing works!

So, yeah. In the future, I want to work out some bugs and tweak some systems a little (.craft file coming tomorrow or the day after, I think)... but for the time being, I hope you enjoy this wonderful bit of insanity!

-Upsilon

Edited by UpsilonAerospace
Adding Video!

It just needs backwards and forwards now! Very good work! +1 Rep!

Thanks, Shaun! Unfortunately, I don't really see how this thing could move in three dimensions and still have the big Claw apparatus dangling from it. It was hard enough to get it to run smoothly on that rail :)

Saw this on your YT channel.

KSP gizmos FTW!

Yep, the Pumpkin Carrier has been repurposed. I'm happier with its new configuration, though.

Nice work! :D

Thanks, sir! I appreciate the +Rep, too. This took a really long time to get to work at all. It still needs some tweaking, but I think it may well be a KSP first...?

I'm going to work on my Other Project now (it's a secret, I'll tell you later). See ya in the morning!

...it's almost done! Just a few more tweaks and it will be complete.

I've mostly done aesthetic stuff to the Claw machine... it looks a heck of a lot better now. Lettering is with solar panels on the word "CLAW," and upside-down battery packs for the word "GAME." The Claw Rover needs a go-over and the rail still has some bugs to be worked out... but this is turning out even better than expected.

qskY9tJ.jpg

This reminds me of Toy Story! Little green men in a claw game :sticktongue:

"The Claw is our master!"

"The Claw chooses who will go and who will stay!"

Nice job btw.

This will certainly be in the upcoming video about the Claw [spoiler ALERT!]

I haven't given up on the Claw Game. It's actually very nearly done, and I'll probably have the .craft file available later today. Still working out a bug or two though, especially with driving the Claw around at a time-warp greater than 1x. Hopefully, there's an easy fix.

Sorry for not having the .craft file out, by the way. Life happened, just a couple of days ago. ALL OF IT. I'm still trying to recover.

Ahh, my favorite game! :D

the%20claw%20aliens!!%20plz%20rate%205__600_450_q50.jpg

Seriously though. Nice work, And alllll stock! I'm not sure I've seen anything else quite like this one. Can't wait to give the .craft a try.

Oh, and thanks for naming it after me. :D

Cheers,

~(The) Claw!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

I just kinda left this to die, didn't I?

The Claw Game is about 90% done... I made it look rather nice and now it's working a little better than before.

I'm just tweaking a few little tiny things. .craft file coming soon, I promise!

-Upsilon

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.