KOSMOS 3/14/2015 RD-170 Family Released!

has this been reported already?

screenshot1.png

screenshot2.png

i've tried to approach as slow as i could, and it still wanted to dock tilted, even if i was going perfectly aligned...

plus, idk if this is a known issue or not, but MechJeb's Docking AP doesn't work with APAS-69, it tries to dock with the side of the docking port instead of aligning like all other docking ports... (the docking in these pics were manual btw)

Yeah, it has been reported... about a year ago, by many different people. I was unable to get it to dock not crooked, nor did the Romfarer's docking camera (same problem as MechJeb) ever work with those ports. My advice would be to scrap the darn thing and remodel it from scratch, because nobody has been able to fix it since it was first introduced. Since the other KOSMOS port works fine, it's not an issue inherent to some method CBBP is using.

Does this pack still have those excellent high detail struts? Those were great for making structural supports.

Edit: Okay, I see this does have improved strut connectors and they look great. But I recall a different model that looked much less smooth, more industrial. Is that style gone for good?

Edited by White Owl

that's odd, i was able to manually dock aligned in the previous version (it had the MJ bug though), in this one it simply refuses to do it, even if i approach perfectly aligned and slowly it still tilts O.o

maaaaaan, that sucks... i actually like the APAS-69 :( never used it as a main docking port because of the MJ bug (too lazy for manual dockings), but i always hoped to see it working perfectly :(

EDIT: trying to find a workaround i was able to dock perfectly, but there was a problem... i had to put a Parvillo under the APAS, just to make sure it would align using mechjeb... that worked perfectly, however that led me to finding out that this won't always work, i had to target the salyut in order to be able to dock, if i targeted the APAS at the Salyut it would attempt to dock to the side of it...

screenshot3.png

it worked this time, but i'm 100% sure it won't work with the other four APAS, and manual docking may result in a tilted docking :(

Edited by JoseEduardo

Does this pack still have those excellent high detail struts? Those were great for making structural supports.

Edit: Okay, I see this does have improved strut connectors and they look great. But I recall a different model that looked much less smooth, more industrial. Is that style gone for good?

Wait do you mean That super high poly truss version? Hmm. I could possibly reintroduce that. Not soon though. It would need thinking over to reduce poly count.

As for Apas-69 I wil try and get that working... I am not sure the issue though :/

The "crooked docking" is almost certainly related to petal colliders. If you made the petals (and their colliders) a bit smaller, with more wiggle room, it might work without problems. As for control direction, check both transforms and part/submodel orientation. Your other port doesn't have this issue, so perhaps the best way is to simply compare the two, paying attention even to seemingly meaningless differences.

i'm not so sure about the petals, in the previous version they worked great for me, making the docking very precise (main reason why i like the APAS-69), the only problem i had was using MJ... and now i was able to dock without tilting by "fooling" MJ (the pic in my previous post)...

My log keeps getting spammed when I use KOSMOS parts. It could be something else entirely but all I know is my game gets really laggy with them and then when I check the log I get quite a few null exceptions. An example is I was landing on the moon. I had kosmos solar panels deployed. It began to lag unbelievably bad I check my log and its spammed with null exceptions. I crash the panels are destroyed and the game goes back to normal, and so does the log. Idk if this KOSMOS or something else but here is a copy of my log for you to parse. Just fyi I tried playing just now without KOSMOS installed and everything works fine. So IDK whats going on. https://www.dropbox.com/s/j9pm1i59c04ycoi/Player.log?dl=0

My log keeps getting spammed when I use KOSMOS parts. It could be something else entirely but all I know is my game gets really laggy with them and then when I check the log I get quite a few null exceptions. An example is I was landing on the moon. I had kosmos solar panels deployed. It began to lag unbelievably bad I check my log and its spammed with null exceptions. I crash the panels are destroyed and the game goes back to normal, and so does the log. Idk if this KOSMOS or something else but here is a copy of my log for you to parse. Just fyi I tried playing just now without KOSMOS installed and everything works fine. So IDK whats going on. https://www.dropbox.com/s/j9pm1i59c04ycoi/Player.log?dl=0

The major spam there seems to be ModuleLandingLeg.DynamicAnimation, which, to the best of my knowledge, KOSMOS doesn't use?

hmm. Actually, something might use landing leg for animation.... from back before animation was possible. something SSPP and solar panel probably... not sure what. maybe even APAS?

also, .... movie :D

VroomVroom

Nice :cool: Both IRL Angara and the RD-170. It will be the first 2.5 engine of the pack?

These technically aren't Angara tanks. they are miniature versions inspired by it. the actual "angara" tanks will be 2.5m. "zenit" will be 3m.

What is the opinion on the current URM Colors? are they liekd or would more typical colors be appreciated?

Edited by CardBoardBoxProcessor

Uhg, these tanks are so pretty. And the tank extrusion functionality is nothing short of amazing. I say uhg because my memory budget doesnt allow me to use them and I really want too. Fantastic work.

What is the opinion on the current URM Colors? are they liekd or would more typical colors be appreciated?

I like the colors, they remind me of some Soyuz color schemes, so it works well for up to 1-6.4x scale that do not care about stock feels. That being said, it would be nice to have a stock alike texture replacement for installs that try to maintain stock feel -I know I have one.

These technically aren't Angara tanks. they are miniature versions inspired by it. the actual "angara" tanks will be 2.5m. "zenit" will be 3m.

I like the colour, the orange-black-white of the Soyuz is underappreciated ;)

I like the current color scheme. An alternate set (maybe selectable in the VAB) wouldn't be a bad idea, though. There aren't enough configuration options for the URMP tanks yet. :)