Your Suggestion for Smallest Change Causing Greatest Improvement

The ability to do more...stuff... with action groups. Allow/disallow fuel drain, control from here, set throttle to x% etc. Instead we got "discard crew report" :rolleyes:

I'd say hinges and rotors, but those are on the WNTS list, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Speaking of terminating debris...

Why not assign the "delete" button to terminate debris selected in tracking center?

Right now you have to:

- move your mouse all the way up to select

- move all the way down to terminate

This got really old on the 1st time already, when deleting my 300 pieces of debris... xD

edit: I know you can limit persistent debris, but it's still uncomfortable to terminate things.

Edited by Overfloater

Standardise latitude and longitude display. Often longitude flips between E and W when displayed and shows differently for objects that are quite close to each other. On occasion it gives an angle greater than 360 degrees. I had a 369 deg E today and have had a few showing over 400 degrees. More of an irritant than a major problem, but it can be confusing when trying to find a specific location. Personally I find that an angle with a decimal (56.750 E) is easier to understand than the DMS method (56 45' 00" E). Does anyone else have any thoughts or preferences?

A stock version of Kerbal Engineer or the stats window in MechJeb. Please. This would make everyone's life so much easier to the point where I basically consider the mod stock.

Definitely agree with that. The only mod I use is KER. Would work best if integrated properly in the stock GUI though. In VAB/SPH a pop up version of the 'boffin' Kerbal's clipboard could show general stuff like part count, total mass, twr, delta v etc. Then 'popouts' from the staging display colomn could give 'stage specific' info.

Perhaps make different capabilites unlockable in the tech tree. Fairly early on get the VAB/SPH assistance. Then later get basic 'in flight' details and unlock more later on.

If I were to pick one, I would parrot a lot of other people and say basic engineering/rocket science information. Dry mass, total mass, current stage Isp (with multiple engines factored in), etc. etc. Maybe Delta-v, if Squad is feeling generous.

If they aren't, I think giving us all the variables we need to do the rocket equation in the VAB/SPH, plus a fancy calculator would be nice. And by "give us the variables" I mean "have the game add up all the parts of each stage for me so I can do the math if I have to."

So, yeah, delta-v stuff.

Runners up for me are:

• An in-game protractor, maybe accessible in the tracking station to plan interplanetary transfers.

• Lights like the Mk2 parts have on command pods, the hitchhiker, and Science Lab.

• The ability to change parachute colors in a similar way to changing light colors.

• Some simple robotics. Canada Arms, ramps for rovers, winches, etc.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.